Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Brewmaster
I was thinking about applying for this card, but I am hoping to apply again for the 2 Citi AAdvantage card in Feb-March when I will be about 18 months from applying for the 2 AAdvantage cards. What is the current policy on how many cards one can have with Citi and within what time frame for applications? I don't want this app to mess up my planned AAdvantage card apps in a couple months.
There do not appear to be clearcut rules on how many Citi cards you can have. That will be a function of your credit score, your current aggregate Citi line of credit, income, etc.

Apps are easier: no more than 2 (for any Citi card) in any 60-day period. To be on the same side, many people recommend adding a few days as a buffer, since a) Citi's method of counting to 60 seems a bit erratic and b) the penalty for going too early -- wasting an app & restarting the clock -- is significant.

If your AA churn is set for February, submitting an app now won't be a problem.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:50 pm

posting points

does anyone know how soon the points post after the $2,500 threshold is crossed.

We are close to passing it and I would like to get gift cards as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by ddfr
does anyone know how soon the points post after the $2,500 threshold is crossed.

We are close to passing it and I would like to get gift cards as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
It should post within 1-2 days of the statement closing date for the period you meet the threshold.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by gizmodell
They are sending me a form which I can sign to allow them to request my prior year's tax return in order to verify income.
I did not respond to their request for my tax income first time around. Applied again after 2 months and got approved a few days later without being asked for tax information..
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bradcc
I did not respond to their request for my tax income first time around. Applied again after 2 months and got approved a few days later without being asked for tax information..
Thanks for that info. I just sent the form back, all the information on my application should match the tax form pretty closely, with the exception of a slight raise.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
There do not appear to be clearcut rules on how many Citi cards you can have. That will be a function of your credit score, your current aggregate Citi line of credit, income, etc.

Apps are easier: no more than 2 (for any Citi card) in any 60-day period. To be on the same side, many people recommend adding a few days as a buffer, since a) Citi's method of counting to 60 seems a bit erratic and b) the penalty for going too early -- wasting an app & restarting the clock -- is significant.

If your AA churn is set for February, submitting an app now won't be a problem.
Thanks, that is very helpful for me as well.

To make sure, if I got two new citi cards in late august (and 3 in total), I should be okay to go ahead with a new card? Or should I hold off?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by playlife
I applied to for both the visa and mastercard version of the card. Both got approved and when i activated it, the csr said the 50k offer is attached to each card. 100k TY points!!
hoping this works out exactly the same for me, but i filled them out back to back on the same browser. balls...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:05 pm

Looks like mastercard is no longer an option? Only Visa left?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by superking
Looks like mastercard is no longer an option? Only Visa left?
There's an unconfirmed report that the first-year-free offer is going away today. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-expiring.html
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Both my husband and my daughter (again!) were targeted again..this time for the 80k bonus. For some reason, they've replaced all the offers I used to be targeted for with my daughter's name (who is 19, in college, and unemployed). I wonder if they'd allow me to use her application to get the 80k bonus...
Old Dec 10, 2011, 8:18 am

Isn't this offer currently being advertised on television?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:57 pm

A caution re additional cards: my +1 got this card recently, and when we went to the website to request an additional card for me, Citi's system said it would run $50/year, even though the offer terms are explicit that the first year should be free. My DW called to inquire & Citi said that language in the T&C covers only add'l cards requested at time of application (which is stated nowhere in the terms); however, the CSR did a workaround by issuing the card plus a $50 credit to cancel the fee.

Sum of comment: better to ask for the add'l cards in the app.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by beltway
A caution re additional cards: my +1 got this card recently, and when we went to the website to request an additional card for me, Citi's system said it would run $50/year, even though the offer terms are explicit that the first year should be free. My DW called to inquire & Citi said that language in the T&C covers only add'l cards requested at time of application (which is stated nowhere in the terms); however, the CSR did a workaround by issuing the card plus a $50 credit to cancel the fee.

Sum of comment: better to ask for the add'l cards in the app.
Adding AU on the application is no guarantee either. My wife applied and added me as AU on the application. When the card came a few days ago, only 1 card was included. After activating her card, I spoke with CSR and she confirmed that I was not an AU. She said the system was going to charge $50 to add me. I told her what the T&C said, but she said I would need to fax it to their center and hopefully, get the credit.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:00 am

churning

I really love this card.

I have accumulated lots of points, miles etc. over the years so I have been using the $500 in gift card aspect of this promotion. I have done it for my wife and myself.

I was wondering if this card can be churned. Can you have multiple cards at the same time since I haven't closed the cards yet because I would rather keep them a min of 6 months before closing them.

I know some Citi Cards(i,e Hilton) allow you to have multiple cards at the same time while others (AA) don't allow churning any more.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated---am loving this, in effect, tax free cash.

Also, is anyone aware of an expiration date on this card?

Needless to say, any insights would be very much appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, United 2P, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I went through the entire thread and did not find answer to this question:

Is the 50k signup bonus miles considered as "purchase points", like it was for Premier Pass Elite a couple of years ago? Or are they simply regular bonus that can not be used to match flight points?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.