Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

50,000 Citi ThankYou Premier Offer (Expiring? Not yet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Dan's Deals reported last night that the Citi Thank You Premiere card's 50,000 point promotional offer (annual fee waived) was scheduled to expire today. His link to the promotion is still active as of this morning, but anyone who's been thinking about jumping on this one might want to jump now.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Dan's Deals reported last night that the Citi Thank You Premiere card's 50,000 point promotional offer (annual fee waived) was scheduled to expire today. His link to the promotion is still active as of this morning, but anyone who's been thinking about jumping on this one might want to jump now.
And the link (https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...-premier-card/) is still live, dire prediction notwithstanding.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Yeah. We seem to be seeing a lot of these "hurry, today's the last day to get this bonus for this card!" travel blog posts that turn out to be completely false. I think these guys tend to err on the side of panic when the slightest hint arises of a deal closing down that will cut off their supply of potential commissions. Although this particular warning was pretty close since it looks like it is gone now (on the 7th, not the 6th).

Last edited by brasov02; Dec 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
Although this particular warning was pretty close since it looks like it is gone now (on the 7th, not the 6th).
Still appears quite alive to me.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by beltway
Still appears quite alive to me.
Yes, the deal is still alive but the specific link the OP is referring to is dead. This is exactly why some of these bloggers are getting a deservedly bad rap. They disingenuously announce that a deal is about to end to get people to panic and apply via their link to rack up a few more referral checks when the blogger knows full well the deal will remain alive and well although through other links but conveniently leaves that info out. Probably a good way to sucker in a few newbies but it doesn't help a blog's reputation.
Buyer beware around here.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: aa
The link is alive on Citi's web page for the card and yet this blogger announces that the deal is going to die. Of course, its only the affiliate link which is now dead.

Didn't something similar happen with the Ink Bold offer?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Didn't something similar happen with the Ink Bold offer?
I wouldn't call that similar. Bloggers did have indications that the offer would be going away, and accordingly issued some warnings (fairly temperate ones, from what I saw). And it turned out that Chase did indeed change the offer terms, although only in various ways secondary to the signup bonus. I suppose it's possible that the bloggers had more info & deliberately tried to get people stirred up, although I think it more likely that they were acting in good faith. Dan's Deals, on the other hand, not so much.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Something similar happened with the 50,000 point Southwest card. It was predicted to be over around November 10.

The offer officially expired on November 30 and a little googling still pulls up a 50,000 point offer.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Something similar happened with the 50,000 point Southwest card. It was predicted to be over around November 10.

The offer officially expired on November 30 and a little googling still pulls up a 50,000 point offer.
I read your post about that. BTW, it is an affiliate link but I guess it is earning someone else a commission.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:06 pm

80,000 points

Originally Posted by I can see for miles

Today I received via snail mail an offer for 80,000 Thank You Points with a $5,000 spend in 3 months and $125 fee waived for the 1st year. It has a personal number, so I guess it's targeted.

Don't these offers usually become available to everyone after a certain period of time has elapsed?

Should we all wait for the 100,000 offer?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Alive: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...-credit-cards/ Scroll down to the 50K offer.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Alive: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...-credit-cards/ Scroll down to the 50K offer.

Isn't this offer currently being advertised on television?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diogenes2011
Isn't this offer currently being advertised on television?
I believe so. Just saw it 2 nights ago.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:38 pm
In memoriam

Just got a US Mail offer for 25K bonus.

Just got done shredding it.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I wouldn't call that similar. Bloggers did have indications that the offer would be going away, and accordingly issued some warnings (fairly temperate ones, from what I saw). And it turned out that Chase did indeed change the offer terms, although only in various ways secondary to the signup bonus. I suppose it's possible that the bloggers had more info & deliberately tried to get people stirred up, although I think it more likely that they were acting in good faith. Dan's Deals, on the other hand, not so much.
This blogger knew the available deal was set to expire and was given no insight about what the new promotion would look like. I think most bloggers were in the same boat. It's possible that a very select few who have unusually close ties to Chase were tipped off about the the new deal, but that would definitely be the exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.