Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Old Oct 19, 12, 4:31 am
  #781  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 108
I got my first 50K TY points recently and tried to book a flight. I found the Cash price listed on ThankYou.com was more expensive than the airlines' websites. For instance, I tried the 2/9-2/14 SAN-HNL non-stop, and the Hawaiian Airlines flights was listed around $378 comparing to the airline website's $340. Also the Alaska flights was more expensive than the airline website price too.
I think I will still go with the TY points since 33%-off is a big saving. But I am just wondering if the TY website always makes the prices higher than the airlines' websites?
liaozhongchao is offline  
Old Oct 19, 12, 9:20 am
  #782  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by liaozhongchao View Post
I got my first 50K TY points recently and tried to book a flight. I found the Cash price listed on ThankYou.com was more expensive than the airlines' websites. For instance, I tried the 2/9-2/14 SAN-HNL non-stop, and the Hawaiian Airlines flights was listed around $378 comparing to the airline website's $340. Also the Alaska flights was more expensive than the airline website price too.
I think I will still go with the TY points since 33%-off is a big saving. But I am just wondering if the TY website always makes the prices higher than the airlines' websites?
There are a couple threads related to these prices on here (and to the Companion tickets and discount tickets). I'd recommend taking a look through these threads, but the general gist is "yes, maybe, and you might be able to do something about it...sometimes."

these ones are more about the thankyoucompanion.com website for Citi cards, but you might find them useful for booking with points through thankyou.com as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...133-point.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...on-ticket.html
erikt311 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 12, 1:47 pm
  #783  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 108
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by erikt311 View Post
There are a couple threads related to these prices on here (and to the Companion tickets and discount tickets). I'd recommend taking a look through these threads, but the general gist is "yes, maybe, and you might be able to do something about it...sometimes."

these ones are more about the thankyoucompanion.com website for Citi cards, but you might find them useful for booking with points through thankyou.com as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...133-point.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...on-ticket.html
Thank you!
Edit: I did learn a lot, especially those complaints about the price mark-up. It seems both Thankyou.com and Spirit Incentives won't fix the prices until you complaining.

Last edited by liaozhongchao; Oct 19, 12 at 3:39 pm
liaozhongchao is offline  
Old Oct 19, 12, 3:05 pm
  #784  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CA
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,879
Appears the link in post 603 is now dead.
deant is offline  
Old Oct 20, 12, 10:42 am
  #785  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 3
Dead link

Does anyone have a live link to the 50k offer?
trispi3 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 12, 1:50 pm
  #786  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Posts: 105
Confirming that link in #603 is dead
FreeBird2k is offline  
Old Dec 6, 12, 2:22 pm
  #787  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 398
Originally Posted by FreeBird2k View Post
Confirming that link in #603 is dead
this is what i see

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later."

pretty sad b/c i signed up for this in mid Sept and was going to tell another family member to sign up for it today
AscorbylPalmitate is offline  
Old Dec 6, 12, 4:00 pm
  #788  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Posts: 5,115
Not sure why this says "Revived"... about a month ago, I looked back through most of this thread, trying the links that were posted, and also doing some hard searches for myself.

Didn't find any 50k offers that were still available.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Dec 7, 12, 2:47 pm
  #789  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Posts: 2,901
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago View Post
Not sure why this says "Revived"... about a month ago, I looked back through most of this thread, trying the links that were posted, and also doing some hard searches for myself.

Didn't find any 50k offers that were still available.
The deal died some time ago, then it was "revived" and now it is dead again. OP or the mods have not updated the title.
michael_v is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread