Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:27 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I applied last month using the link a few pages up in this thread that allowed you to choose between MC and Visa. Note that the application page said that I was applying for a Citi Premier Visa Signature card, but on the application page I was able to select between MC and Visa. When the card arrived it was a MC.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Submitted apps last night using two different browsers with a minor variation in the info (added middle initial in one app); even though one was for MC & one for Visa, I seem to have ended up with 2 Visas (no middle initial).
Do the Visas have Two different Credit Card #'s?

I wonder if you will end up with a Mastercard and it was just an error by their email system becoz you are using a dated application page.

I would appreciate the data points. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Do the Visas have Two different Credit Card #'s?
I have neither card in hand yet, obviously, but the confirmation emails list different "last 4 digits" fields for them, so yes, there are 2 separate card numbers.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by beltway
I have neither card in hand yet, obviously, but the confirmation emails list different "last 4 digits" fields for them, so yes, there are 2 separate card numbers.
Does that mean that you will get the bonus twice?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by satz
Does that mean that you will get the bonus twice?
Unlike Chase, Citi is not known to deny a bonus after giving you the card.

I found another link for the premier card. same offer. Visa only unfortunately.

Landing page
Application page

Alternate links are in my previous post. So 3 working links for premier and one for preferred.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
Thanks, those links allow you to select both MC and Visa! ^
I'm ready to apply, but I'm a little worried because the offer has been changed to 30k on many blogs. However, it is still 50 each (MC and visa) via the links in the previous post. Should I go ahead and apply? I'll be saving screen shots with the 50k, etc. Do you folks think it is worth giving a shot?
Just because affiliate links died it doesn't mean that there aren't other working links. I think the way to find the best offer is to start with the sticky in this forum maintained by UA Fan and to then look at the individual discussion threads. Bloggers tend to update affiliate links much quicker than links which don't earn them commission. Furthermore, some offers have working application pages but no landing pages and bloggers will typically not post them at all or post them with undue caution when one quick reading through the corresponding thread in FT would show multiple successful data points.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:41 am

Citi AA Bonus Miles within x months - when does it start?

Hi guys,

First time posting, I'm a total noob at this mileage game and would like to really get into it. I applied and got approved for 2 citi AA cards at the same time using the 2 browser trick discussed here.

It says I have 4 months to spend $3000 to get the 50K bonus miles. When does that 4 month time period actually start? Upon approval? Activation of card?

What I would like to do is activate 1 card, reach the 3K mark, then activate the other card hoping the 4 months time period starts upon activation.

Can anyone confirm the time frame actually starts?

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by polonycjunk
Hi guys,

First time posting, I'm a total noob at this mileage game and would like to really get into it. I applied and got approved for 2 citi AA cards at the same time using the 2 browser trick discussed here.

It says I have 4 months to spend $3000 to get the 50K bonus miles. When does that 4 month time period actually start? Upon approval? Activation of card?

What I would like to do is activate 1 card, reach the 3K mark, then activate the other card hoping the 4 months time period starts upon activation.

Can anyone confirm the time frame actually starts?

Thanks!
I have previously heard the 4 month period starts on the day of approval. Although I cannot point you to the exact place in a thread where I read that.....
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:23 am

Thanks for the info Emmy. I was really hoping it was upon activation. Guess I have some shopping to do!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by polonycjunk
Thanks for the info Emmy. I was really hoping it was upon activation. Guess I have some shopping to do!
You might want to call them and ask although you run the risk of getting inconsistent answers. I did that with Chase and they could tell me exactly until when I had. It was upon approval in my case.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by satz
You might want to call them and ask although you run the risk of getting inconsistent answers. I did that with Chase and they could tell me exactly until when I had. It was upon approval in my case.
When I called them and asked the specific date I had until to meet the spend requirement it was exactly 3 months from date of application approval. Thus while CSR's sometimes give out inaccurate information, the fact that they provided me with a specific date and it was exactly 3 months from application approval indicates that they probably are provided this information on their computer screen.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:56 am

AAdvantage / Citi Bank CC available if you are already a card holder?

I have applied and received 3 cards through Citi Bank and AAdvantage as a first time card holder which seems to be the requirement on all of their cards. I will cancel 2 of my 3 cards once I exhaust all of my bonuses that they have offered. Are there any cards offered my Citi and and AAdvantage that I can apply for that allows you to already be a card holder with them? If I cancel all of my cards is there a time limit to wait before I am considered as a first time applicant again? Thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by chaloop
If I cancel all of my cards is there a time limit to wait before I am considered as a first time applicant again? Thank you!
I think it's 18 months since your date of approval.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chaloop
Are there any cards offered my Citi and and AAdvantage that I can apply for that allows you to already be a card holder with them?
I may be wrong but I think you can churn the business card more often than the personal.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:25 pm

I was just turned down on my recent AA business app due to too many inquiries! I was approved for the three others on my churn...chase personal, chase business, and barclays personal! Is there anyway around this? I received the two AA personal cards back in October!

Originally Posted by longhorn11
I may be wrong but I think you can churn the business card more often than the personal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.