Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by mia
This means it will not affect your credit score, and other lenders will not see it, but Chase can keep it on your internal history permanently.
In 2014, American Express "remembered" my wife's charge off from 1998. It was for about $800. I remember thinking, why can't they just get over it.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by eknock007
In 2014, American Express "remembered" my wife's charge off from 1998. It was for about $800. I remember thinking, why can't they just get over it.
Perhaps, similar to you, Amex was thinking, why can't she just pay a debt she willingly accrued and had agreed to pay?

Choices have consequences my friend...

Regards
RNE and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:18 am

I saw one data point that was inconclusive so wondering if anyone has more information. If I add Mrs. lkar as an authorized user on a chase card that is several years old will it show up as having been opened on the date I get her the card or on my original open date?
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by eknock007
Have you tried to add her as an authorized user on one of your Amex cards? That has gotten some people off the blacklist. If accepted, have her apply for a card of her own sometime next year.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 2:18 pm

Thank you to lkar for mentioning these articles elsewhere on FT, #286 and 289.

Should you get the Chase Freedom Visa before its too late?
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...-its-too-late/

Freedom may be the only product change path to Freedom Flex
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...-freedom-only/
lkar likes this.

Last edited by vanillabean; Sep 5, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Old Sep 5, 2020, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
I saw one data point that was inconclusive so wondering if anyone has more information. If I add Mrs. lkar as an authorized user on a chase card that is several years old will it show up as having been opened on the date I get her the card or on my original open date?
On the original open date.
lkar likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 4:52 pm

I just became 3/24 this month "thanks" to the pandemic. My plan is to cancel my Hyatt legacy card then apply for the new one due to the rumors about a forced product change in november. How soon can I wait to apply for the new Hyatt after cancelling? Wiki seems to suggest 2 weeks at least, but not sure if that is outdated. I'm due for a domestic trip which will cost me some money in October so, I can wait two weeks I think but later than that is cutting it close for using it. (figure USPS delays, etc.)
Old Sep 5, 2020, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
On the original open date.
Yes, most credit card issuers do, such as Chase, the one here. And some don't, such as Amex.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
My plan is to cancel my Hyatt legacy card then apply for the new one due to the rumors about a forced product change in november.
Source?
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Source?
There are a few but I think I it's against the rules to link them? DOC and Waller's Wallet.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator clarification

There are a few but I think I it's against the rules to link them? .
You are welcome to post links to material on other sites. The rule is posted here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#externallinks
beltway likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:52 am

There are a few but I think I it's against the rules to link them? DOC and Waller's Wallet.
Thanks. It’s here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor...of-hyatt-card/
Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:15 pm

Are they sending all personal apps to "pending?" Applied for CFU and went to pending.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:02 pm

I just became 3/24 this month "thanks" to the pandemic. My plan is to cancel my Hyatt legacy card then apply for the new one due to the rumors about a forced product change in november. How soon can I wait to apply for the new Hyatt after cancelling? Wiki seems to suggest 2 weeks at least, but not sure if that is outdated. I'm due for a domestic trip which will cost me some money in October so, I can wait two weeks I think but later than that is cutting it close for using it. (figure USPS delays, etc.)
I cancelled the old Hyatt on 9/7 and applied for new one on 9/8 (will be spending the full MSR within two weeks so just went for it). Got pending approval. Called recon today and they said application was denied because their system still shows the old account is active. They said it could take 1-2 billing cycles for their system to show the old account as closed but online DPs suggest 1-2 weeks. They said you can check with recon whether your old account still shows as active or not.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:39 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Are they sending all personal apps to "pending?" Applied for CFU and went to pending.
I assume you're joking. If not, I'll point out that Chase doesn't have the resources to bypass its automated approval system for "all" applications -- or even a significant fraction thereof.
SPN Lifer and GundamWing01 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.