Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I see that "United now joins the list of card families that Chase allows you to refer within regardless of which of the cards you have”, which "means a United Explorer Card holder can now refer a friend or family member to the new United Club Infinite Credit Card, where previously the referral would only work for the same card you hold.” It’s my hope it includes the MileagePlus Rewards no annual fee card for referring to another United card.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-ch...ferral-policy/
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:04 am
RNE

With reports (anecdotal, but still) of Chase cracking down on cardholders (decreased credit limits, closures, etc.) how does this referral liberalization jibe?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
.... how does this referral liberalization jibe?
Corporate inertia. Let's say Chase decided to simplify their referral system. Maybe they outsourced administration of it, maybe they are just mimicking American Express. They make proposals to all co-brand partners, and United approved it a few months ago. Chase implements the new agreement without regard to market conditions, because that's how responsibilities are divided.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I see that "United now joins the list of card families that Chase allows you to refer within regardless of which of the cards you have”, which "means a United Explorer Card holder can now refer a friend or family member to the new United Club Infinite Credit Card, where previously the referral would only work for the same card you hold.” It’s my hope it includes the MileagePlus Rewards no annual fee card for referring to another United card.
This is most likely, as my self-generated Chase Marriott referral link offers both the Boundless ($95 annual fee) and the Bold ($0 annual fee) to my link recipients.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:11 pm

Unhappy Denied CSP due to 10 Year Charge Off

Hello All - Newbie here.

I applied for the CSP online today and was denied. After talking to a rep on the recon line, she advised that I was denied based on not having accts with Chase but more importantly that there was a delinquency with them and tried to transfer me to the Recovery Dept. 10 years ago in college I had a Chase credit card that was charged off; I believe the balance was $1K. Obv, I am in a much better place as a an adult with regards to finances, credit score average 730, 40K total credit limit, no late payments, under 30% utilization. I have a Cap One Venture but want to take my travel point game to the next level.The charge off is not on my credit report. I mean -- will I ever be able to get another Chase card. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyAlotForALittle
...The charge off is not on my credit report. ....
This means it will not affect your credit score, and other lenders will not see it, but Chase can keep it on your internal history permanently.
FlyAlotForALittle likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
This means it will not affect your credit score, and other lenders will not see it, but Chase can keep it on your internal history permanently.
Shades of high school counselor bulljive...."this will go down on your permanent record."
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: *A
Hello All - Newbie here.

I applied for the CSP online today and was denied. After talking to a rep on the recon line, she advised that I was denied based on not having accts with Chase but more importantly that there was a delinquency with them and tried to transfer me to the Recovery Dept. 10 years ago in college I had a Chase credit card that was charged off; I believe the balance was $1K. Obv, I am in a much better place as a an adult with regards to finances, credit score average 730, 40K total credit limit, no late payments, under 30% utilization. I have a Cap One Venture but want to take my travel point game to the next level.The charge off is not on my credit report. I mean -- will I ever be able to get another Chase card. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Is there no option to pay off the account now? It makes sensed Chase doesn't want to do business with you when there is still an unpaid debt.
FlyAlotForALittle likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by sds1493
Is there no option to pay off the account now? It makes sensed Chase doesn't want to do business with you when there is still an unpaid debt.

Yes, there is an option to pay it off but wondering if it is worth it. Its an old, charged off debt, no longer on my credit report. But IF I did, I wonder what are the chances that I would be reconsidered and approved????
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Yes, there is an option to pay it off but wondering if it is worth it. Its an old, charged off debt, no longer on my credit report. But IF I did, I wonder what are the chances that I would be reconsidered and approved????
I'd make the case that honoring ones commitments and paying debts that one has willingly undertaken is "worth it" whether or not you get a prize.

Whether Chase will "forgive" you if you settle the debt, none of us can really tell you. But, clearly they've told you that if you don't, they won't. So, you have a pretty simple A/B choice.

If you have the financial ability to take your "travel point game to the next level" it seems you have the ability to deal with this situation should you choose to do so.

Regards
SPN Lifer and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:57 pm
RNE

...a delinquency with [Chase]...10 years ago in college... The charge off is not on my credit report.
Originally Posted by mia
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
And they have a loooooooooong memory.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Thought I would report a more recent data point on 5/24. I track all my apps, etc. very carefully so I knew exactly where I was. My 5th most recent credit card was from 9/1/2018. On 9/2/2020, I applied for a Chase Freedom (have not had in the past, etc.) and got the 7-10 day notice which basically means denial. The reconsideration line was very informative but I still walked a away with no new card due to 5/24. They said that they use the calendar month for the calculation - so I will not be eligible until 10/2020. As expected they would not budge on the 5/24 rules as they apply them - even for what was essentially a 1 day difference (from 8/31/2018 to 9/1/2018).
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by G2244
Thought I would report a more recent data point on 5/24. I track all my apps, etc. very carefully so I knew exactly where I was. My 5th most recent credit card was from 9/1/2018. On 9/2/2020, I applied for a Chase Freedom (have not had in the past, etc.) and got the 7-10 day notice which basically means denial. The reconsideration line was very informative but I still walked a away with no new card due to 5/24. They said that they use the calendar month for the calculation - so I will not be eligible until 10/2020. As expected they would not budge on the 5/24 rules as they apply them - even for what was essentially a 1 day difference (from 8/31/2018 to 9/1/2018).
If you call back for reconsideration on 10/1, will they need to do a 2nd hard pull since it's within 30 days of yesterday's app... or can you ask them to simply run yesterday's app again?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gq_dq
If you call back for reconsideration on 10/1, will they need to do a 2nd hard pull since it's within 30 days of yesterday's app... or can you ask them to simply run yesterday's app again?
Great question which I do not know the the answer to. I am not familiar with how long a hard pull is good for, but I do like that route much better if it could work. However, at that point it would also be a different product though. I applied for the CF which will no longer be open to new applications by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.