Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by mia
Opening a Business card does not (usually) increase your N/24 total, but you must be below 5/24 to open a Chase account, personal or business.
Ahh. Makes sense now.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:28 am
RNE

Originally Posted by DVDBob
Just tried for the Chase Ink Business Cash card and got a denial for being 5+/24. I thought Biz cards didn’t count?
Five/24 does count when applying for business cards. I, like you, was denied an Ink card for the same reason. However, after a few months passed and I fell under 5/24, Chase offered me the same Ink card. I applied then and got it. That may happen for you too.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:09 pm

Over 30 days late

My fico score was around 800. November 2019, I registered for online statements for CNB credit card. I inadvertently missed a $30 payment, and did not realize mistake until KreditKarma notified me of 30+ days late entry to my credit report. CNB would not remove it as it was not a bank error. My credit score dropped to 750 in January as a result. It had since gone back up to 770. Does this mean I should not apply for new credit cards for a while. I have been using new credit cards to pay estimated taxes to earn sign up bonuses. I want to get Chase Business United.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Adding Freedom Unlimited to CSP and Freedom?

My spouse is considering applying for the Unlimited. She has held both the CSP and Freedom for many years with no MS.

Is there any reason Chase would see this as a red flag? She does not want to convert either of the current cards

If it makes a difference, she is retired and has a FICO in the 840 range.

The Unlimited would be used primarily for the 0% on purchases

5/24 is not an issue
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:55 pm

I like the CFU and CSP combo. $95 annual fee total, 2points/$ on travel and dining (CSP) and 1.5 on everything else (CFU). I can move my points from CFU to CSP account then transfer to Hyatt, UA, etc.

ETA: You say you care about the 0% rate... hopefully you don't carry a balance. If so the decision points change dramatically.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
My spouse is considering applying for the Unlimited. She has held both the CSP and Freedom for many years with no MS.

Is there any reason Chase would see this as a red flag? She does not want to convert either of the current cards

If it makes a difference, she is retired and has a FICO in the 840 range.

The Unlimited would be used primarily for the 0% on purchases

5/24 is not an issue
Very unlikely.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hoping to pick the brains of the experts here. Presuming one is 4/24 or below with excellent credit history and no other reason to decline new applications:

What does Chase do if that person applies for 2 new personal cards at the same time?

Would applying for a business card (Chase or other, not Cap One or Discover) and then (few days or a week or two later) applying for a personal card be more likely to result in two approvals?

Could one open 3 or 4 business accounts within a few months and then successfully apply for a Chase personal card a few days later?

Thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Hoping to pick the brains of the experts here. Presuming one is 4/24 or below with excellent credit history and no other reason to decline new applications:

What does Chase do if that person applies for 2 new personal cards at the same time?

Would applying for a business card (Chase or other, not Cap One or Discover) and then (few days or a week or two later) applying for a personal card be more likely to result in two approvals?

Could one open 3 or 4 business accounts within a few months and then successfully apply for a Chase personal card a few days later?

Thank you.
a. Depends upon a lot of factors, including recent number of accounts opened, existing credit limits, etc. Virtually impossible to accomplish if the two apps are Sapphire cards unless one is familiar with the MDD process (and still catches a lucky break.)

b. Yes, and especially so if the business card is from another bank.

c. General advice is to limit Chase cards to one application every 2-3 months.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
a. Depends upon a lot of factors.

Thank you very much. In retrospect, I worded the conditions poorly. I should have written “Presuming one is 4/24 (so that the next approval would make it 5/24) with excellent credit history…”. Thanks again.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond

Thank you.
I applied for 2 chase cc last month at 4/24 and was approved for both. (applied for IHG first and then UA MPE). So it is possible
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I applied for 2 chase cc last month at 4/24 and was approved for both. (applied for IHG first and then UA MPE). So it is possible
Thank you. If you wouldn’t mind, please tell us the amount of time between the 2 applications.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
What's the minimum credit limit Chase will allow?

I haven't been able to find definitive feedback on what the minimum Chase will allow as a credit limit on an existing card. A few years back, the guidance was $5000 on a personal card and $2000 on a business card but not sure if that's based on any actual testing.

I've had very good look with approvals since I started lowering my limits but I'm wondering if I could be looking at a $1000 limit on these cards to stretch it even farther. (I'm holding several cards long-term for their annual benefits but not putting much spend on them.)
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:05 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I've had very good look with approvals since I started lowering my limits but I'm wondering if I could be looking at a $1000 limit on these cards to stretch it even farther. (I'm holding several cards long-term for their annual benefits but not putting much spend on them.)
TSMRSRNE opened a Freedom card with a $500 CL.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Thank you. If you wouldn’t mind, please tell us the amount of time between the 2 applications.
Applied for IHG first, instant approval. Then 5mins later, different browser, applied for UA MPE got pending. Did not call recon. Waited 2 days and received online denial letter. Then after reading denial, called recon right away. On phone with rep for like 15mins, they pulled my credit again, then approved.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Applied for IHG first, instant approval. Then 5mins later, different browser, applied for UA MPE got pending. Did not call recon. Waited 2 days and received online denial letter. Then after reading denial, called recon right away. On phone with rep for like 15mins, they pulled my credit again, then approved.
Nice, congratulations, thank you. Impressive that although 5/24 at the time of the recon call you still got approved. Gives hope to us sign-up bonus junkies. After being 20/24 to 40/24 for several years I’ll finally be 3/24 in a few months (yeah, not happy but gotta play the hand you're dealt), looking forward to some new applications (and hopefully bonuses).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.