Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Does chase allow PC from like UR to a cobrand?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Don't know but why would want to forgo the welcome bonus on a new card? Are you at, or over, 5/24?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
Don't know but why would want to forgo the welcome bonus on a new card? Are you at, or over, 5/24?
im like 15+/24 and have 4 freedom 5x , dont mind sacrificing one for the no fee UA cc to get access to X award space
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
UR earning personal cards can only be product changed to other UR earning personal cards.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:38 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by pallhedge
UR earning personal cards can only be product changed to other UR earning personal cards.
pallhedge is correct. If you review the Downgrade thread, you'll be able to see your options. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...el-2020-a.html
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:51 pm

I opened the CSP in April after getting below 5/24. Since it was April, it does not automatically get the extension for the Min spending. Are they giving extensions for April openings if I call or SM?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
I opened the CSP in April after getting below 5/24. Since it was April, it does not automatically get the extension for the Min spending. Are they giving extensions for April openings if I call or SM?
AFAIK, Chase is extending for those who were blindsided by the world suddenly shutting down. Anyone who applied in April did so with their eyes wide open. I haven't heard any extensions for those like you.
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mileshound
It wouldn't hurt to try. Send a SM and let us know what they say. You might have to wait 5-7 days for a reply.
Old May 8, 2020, 6:50 pm

is the marriott bonvoy card providing 75k bonus still excluded from the 5/24 rule? Thanks
Old May 9, 2020, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by sam007
is the marriott bonvoy card providing 75k bonus still excluded from the 5/24 rule? Thanks
No. All Chase cards have been subject to the 5/24 rule for quite some time now.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:57 pm

I have a CF and was emailed an offer from Chase to generate referrals for CFU; can I refer myself? I’ve searched and not found any recent data points. Thanks!
Old May 12, 2020, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Tylt33
I have a CF and was emailed an offer from Chase to generate referrals for CFU; can I refer myself? I’ve searched and not found any recent data points. Thanks!
Chase recently began to crack down on self-referrals. No referral bonus points are being awarded.
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 9:16 am

How to proceed with Chase reconsideration?

I recently applied for two Chase personal credit cards. Each application was placed within ten minutes of each other. I have one business credit card with Chase. Only one hard pull at Experian.

Trying to apply was difficult. Using Firefox the applications would stall and never go through. Switched to the MS Edge browser and was able to submit the applications for both credit cards successfully. However, both application were submitted as "Apply as a guest" as opposed to "Sign in to apply faster" since I could never get the application to submit when I applied after logging inend. The same email address was used on the two new credit card applications that was used in my pre-existing Chase credit card account.

Twenty four hours later, I received an email saying:"""We posted a new notice or letter to your "Statements & Documents" on Chase.com.

We didn't approve your request"""
I logged in and read denial letter. The denial letter was for only one of the two new credit cards I applied for. The reason for denial was: "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us"

I have yet to receive a denial letter for the second credit card that was applied for. Now this is were it get odd.

Three days letter Chase emails me a Welcome package approval email saying "Welcome to your new card" This email contains a link to "Set up preferences" for this card. It is for the same credit card that they denied me three days earlier with the denial letter that appears in my Chase account under "Statements & Documents". Bye the why, when the link is clicked from the "Welcome to your new card" email it says : "It looks like you don't have an eligible account right now." after I sign in.

I have yet to receive an denial letter for the second credit card application and don't know what its status is.

How would you approach a reconsideration? Does Chase regularly deny you for a credit card then send your false hope in a Welcome email?
Old May 19, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I applied for the Chase United Club Infinite yesterday. Today, I got a denial notice online because "You have too many active accounts or too much available credit".

I called reconsideration, and was told I have too much credit with Chase. However, he was not able to just reduce the limits beyond a certain point on my existing cards to put together the minimum $15K limit for the United Club Infinite.

Specifically, I have the following cards:

Chase Freedom $5K limit, apparently minimum $5K limit
Chase Marriott Boundless $5K limit, apparently minimum $5K limit
Chase IHG Select $7.5K limit, apparently minimum $5K limit
Chase IHG Premier $20.9K limit, apparently minimum $20K limit

I was told the only option is to close the IHG Premier to push the United Club Infinite application through. I asked the agent to hold off, and I'd call back.

Is the agent right? Is that my only option? I'm happy to close the Freedom, but really would like to keep the other 3 cards if possible. I'm surprised the Chase IHG Premier can't be reduced to $5K for example, as that would free up the $15K for the United Club Infinite.

EDIT: I just called regular CS and moved around my credit limits, so my Freedom now has a $27.5K limit. I'll try and call reconsideration tomorrow and see if they'll now let me close just the Freedom to approve the United Club Infinite.

Last edited by nabeelj; May 19, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Old May 19, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I applied for the Chase United Club Infinite yesterday. Today, I got a denial notice online because "You have too many active accounts or too much available credit".

I called reconsideration, and was told I have too much credit with Chase. However, he was not able to just reduce the limits beyond a certain point on my existing cards to put together the minimum $15K limit for the United Club Infinite.

Specifically, I have the following cards:

Chase Freedom $5K limit, apparently minimum $5K limit

I was told the only option is to close the IHG Premier to push the United Club Infinite application through. I asked the agent to hold off, and I'd call back.

Is the agent right? Is that my only option? I'm happy to close the Freedom, but really would like to keep the other 3 cards if possible. I'm surprised the Chase IHG Premier can't be reduced to $5K for example, as that would free up the $15K for the United Club Infinite.

EDIT: I just called regular CS and moved around my credit limits, so my Freedom now has a $27.5K limit. I'll try and call reconsideration tomorrow and see if they'll now let me close just the Freedom to approve the United Club Infinite.
Something is wrong in your numbers - How did your Freedom go from a $5k limit to a $27.5k limit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.