Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iowa guy
Does a credit report show business cards for a sole proprietorship?
As mentioned above, just depends on the bank. Cap One and Discover report them, others like Chase or Citi generally don't. I opened a CitiBusiness Card a few months ago, sole proprietorship, and it doesn't report.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:13 am
RNE

Originally Posted by sdsearch
...I moved my address for almost everything (including all banks) to the UPS Store, and only a very small number of banks (not Chase that I recall) have asked for my physical address since.
I totally get why you have a UPS address. Still, I think a lender not knowing the address of your residence could make them antsy. And, yes, there are paid services that identify when a seemingly legitimate apartment address is actually a small box.

Mine does not.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Generally not, BUT it does show the inquiry when you apply for a business card.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh? A credit report only shows business cards from a very few banks (Discover, Cap One, and TD being the ones I know of). Business cards from all other major banks (including Chase) don't show up on personal credit reports (ie, EQ/EX/TU credit reports) at all. The inquiries from your business card applications do show on whichever bureau the bank pulled, but the actual open accounts don't show with the exception of those banks I mentioned above and maybe a few more obscure ones.

So it doesn't matter whether it's a sole proprietorship or not. It varies by bank whether business cards report to your personal credit report or not.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
Still, I think a lender not knowing the address of your residence could make them antsy.
Why, if they don't ask? Like I said, one or two banks did ask for my physical address, and I provided it. (The one I remember for sure was US Bank.)

But if a bank only asks for my mailing address, it's their fault that they didn't ask if my physical address is different from my mailing address. I'm not withholding that information, most banks simply don't ask for it.

I'm not the only person whose mailing address is not the same as their physical address. I've run into people on FT who use a mailing address for a service that forwards their mail around as they travel, because they're away from home for much longer stretches than I am.

So banks (especially ones issuing travel cards) should anticipate this if they really care.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why, if they don't ask? Like I said, one or two banks did ask for my physical address, and I provided it. (The one I remember for sure was US Bank.)

But if a bank only asks for my mailing address, it's their fault that they didn't ask if my physical address is different from my mailing address. I'm not withholding that information, most banks simply don't ask for it.

I'm not the only person whose mailing address is not the same as their physical address. I've run into people on FT who use a mailing address for a service that forwards their mail around as they travel, because they're away from home for much longer stretches than I am.

So banks (especially ones issuing travel cards) should anticipate this if they really care.
You are definitely not alone.

I have a friend who does not even set foot in US the whole 2019 and still not in 2020. He has a US mailing address for all his US credit cards / bank accounts / loyalty programs. The address is a real address where all his mailings go, but definitely is not his residence address. Works fine for many years in this setting.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:25 pm

Is anyone else concerned that doing a product change from Freedom (Visa) to the new Freedom Flex (MC)—necessarily resulting in the generation of a new card number—will end up being counted against one’s 5/24 total?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Is anyone else concerned that doing a product change from Freedom (Visa) to the new Freedom Flex (MC)—necessarily resulting in the generation of a new card number—will end up being counted against one’s 5/24 total?
Perhaps relevant datapoint: When Citi changed their cards from Visa to MC, they did not show up as new account on my credit report.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Perhaps relevant datapoint: When Citi changed their cards from Visa to MC, they did not show up as new account on my credit report.
Correct. Changing an account's number does not create a new card on credit reports. My account numbers have changed various times (because card numbers were compromised) without that happening. Going from Visa to MasterCard won't do it either.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
That's the problem when companies/organizations don't allow you to provide a mailing address separate from your home address. If you home address mailbox is not secure, then you have to provide only your secure mailing address which in my case cannot be my home address.
Chase supports separate physical and mailing addresses (they have both my home address and PO Box). This may not be on the application but definitely available once you have the card. It is in your interest to give them accurate data. From the account management website: "Your primary address is where you live—typically, what's on your driver's license or other government-issued ID. If you'd like us to send your mail for any accounts to a different address or addresses, choose 'Add' above."
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hoping to not violate rules regarding same post in multiple or different threads but seems that a quote can be posted in a different thread and it’s clearly germane to this thread. From the thread Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 onward):
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Another datapoint: 10/24 to 20/24 from 2009 through 2018, got to 2/24 (4/24 inc business cards) this month, CPC for 4 years. Just received instant approval for multiple Chase business cards within a few hours of each other. Owner, sole proprietor, 1 employee (me), $50,000 annual revenue/sales, 20 years in business.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint addendum: An hour after the 2 instant business card approvals, I applied for a Chase personal card. Got the “Thank you for your request. We need to review …” message. Called 888-609-7805 (Lending) immediately, quick pick-up by a human, long conversation, multiple long holds, transferred to Verification Dept, another long discussion. Still pending! Card not seen on-line today (2 days later), called again, same number, quick human pick-up again, medium length conversation with 2 brief holds, asked about income again, approved with high credit limit which did not have to be reallocated from my existing 1 other Chase personal very high credit limit. Card confirmed in my account online immediately.

The agent I spoke with today was very gracious. Before the approval we discussed that we're both from the same area, a friend of mine had relocated to where she lives now which has a unique climate, her father and I had been in the same business and had trained in the same geographic area. After the approval and my thanking her, I asked about 5/24 which she readily said was a reason for automatic decline. I asked about multiple applications within 1 month or 30 days, she said there was no such policy.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 18, 2020 at 4:19 pm Reason: clarification and typo correction
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cjw2001
From the account management website: "Your primary address is where you live—typically, what's on your driver's license or other government-issued ID. If you'd like us to send your mail for any accounts to a different address or addresses, choose 'Add' above."
As I mentioned, my mailing address (not my home address) is what is on my driver's license too!

So since that want me to put in what on my driver's license, have I not already done what they want?

Meanwhile, they don't seem to have one place to put a mailing address. They have it for each card separately (unless it's your primary address which is your mailing address). Well, I have a bunch of cards each on the personal and business side (different logins), it would be a big pain to update it all. And a risk that they would sent stuff to the wrong place if I did it at the wrong time (I get paper statements on all my cards).
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As I mentioned, my mailing address (not my home address) is what is on my driver's license too!

So since that want me to put in what on my driver's license, have I not already done what they want?

Meanwhile, they don't seem to have one place to put a mailing address. They have it for each card separately (unless it's your primary address which is your mailing address). Well, I have a bunch of cards each on the personal and business side (different logins), it would be a big pain to update it all. And a risk that they would sent stuff to the wrong place if I did it at the wrong time (I get paper statements on all my cards).
Federal law (Patriot Act) requires them to have your actual physical address on file. Don't poke the bear. Just provide the actual needed information required by law. While Chase may not have yet caught your issue they could consider it fraudulent if they do. The same thing applies to your drivers license.
RNE likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cjw2001
Federal law (Patriot Act) requires them to have your actual physical address on file.
Please show me where in which Patriot Act it says that.

In this Patriot Act text I found online:

https://www.congress.gov/107/plaws/p...-107publ56.htm

there are 20000+ references to "address" (so I can't look at them all), but zero references to "physical address", zero references to "home address" or even "home", zero references to "residence address" (and the handful of references to "residence" are not talking about providing addresses), and only one reference to "mailing address" (not relevant to this).

So I definitely can't find what you're referring to, but then I don't know what exact language they may have used.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:33 pm

Please show me where in which Patriot Act it says that.

In this Patriot Act text I found online:

https://www.congress.gov/107/plaws/p...-107publ56.htm

there are 20000+ references to "address" (so I can't look at them all), but zero references to "physical address", zero references to "home address" or even "home", zero references to "residence address" (and the handful of references to "residence" are not talking about providing addresses), and only one reference to "mailing address" (not relevant to this).

So I definitely can't find what you're referring to, but then I don't know what exact language they may have used.
section 326 of the patriot act VERIFICATION OF IDENTIFICATION "At a
minimum, a bank must obtain from each customer the following information prior to opening an
account or adding a signatory to an account: name; address; for individuals, date of birth; and an
identification number, described in greater detail below. To satisfy the requirement that a bank
obtain the address of a customer, Treasury expects a bank to obtain both the address of an
individual's residence and, if different, the individual's mailing address. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.