FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:02 pm
ewrp12

Originally Posted by mcs26891
I just became 3/24 this month "thanks" to the pandemic. My plan is to cancel my Hyatt legacy card then apply for the new one due to the rumors about a forced product change in november. How soon can I wait to apply for the new Hyatt after cancelling? Wiki seems to suggest 2 weeks at least, but not sure if that is outdated. I'm due for a domestic trip which will cost me some money in October so, I can wait two weeks I think but later than that is cutting it close for using it. (figure USPS delays, etc.)
I cancelled the old Hyatt on 9/7 and applied for new one on 9/8 (will be spending the full MSR within two weeks so just went for it). Got pending approval. Called recon today and they said application was denied because their system still shows the old account is active. They said it could take 1-2 billing cycles for their system to show the old account as closed but online DPs suggest 1-2 weeks. They said you can check with recon whether your old account still shows as active or not.