Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wick3d45
I do a lot of online banking. After that i called i got saying my account has been closed, i no longer see that account at all when I log in..no history, no charges, nothing! They said I wont be liable for any current charges on the account, never mentioned anything about sending me a new card. I have had lots of credit card, but never had I had to go through this.

At this point, I dont think i am able to even sign up for the CSR at all and i have done nothing wrong but prove my identity by answering security questions that only I would know.
The answers you provided obviously did NOT match with what are shown on the credit reports. For security verification the banks can see a lot more than you normally see on the credit reports. If you are not sure about the answers due to the stuff were long ago, just said you could not really remember instead of guessing.

Chase is very sensitive these days on address verification for whatever reason.

A friend of mine also had an address issue which was the denial reason for his application of CSR (when the 100K was still available online). He did not get instant approval so he called for recon. The underwriter transferred him to fraud dept where the rep grilled him on questions (I assumed because he had refinanced many times and probably moved from primary residence to rental properties and back so he could get the tax break when selling the rentals). The questions on the mortgages were very involved according to my friend and he did not remember the exact details so he went ahead to guess the answers. BAD movement as his application was promptly declined.

He is well under 5/24 but was lazy to just apply online against my advice to apply at the branch. Had he gone to the branch as advised, he would have avoided all the issues. Eventually he ended up going to the branch, had the banker called, reopened the application, and the banker backed him up on the paperwork he brought to verify his address and ID. Spent over an hour on that ordeal but got his card eventually.

Now he learned his lessons that when he isn't sure about the answers on the security questions, just tells the truth he doesn't remember the details instead of guessing. I personally could not remember the street and number of previous addresses in the past so if asked I would tell the other end all I could remember is the city's name and the state it is in, but Excuse Me? I could not remember the street and number of the place, especially if the address is a transient one when we move from one state to another state before finding the right city to live in. All questioners seem to accept that.

Can you go to a branch and talk to a branch manager on this? I were you I would go to the branch with all the needed paperwork to show where you live now and papers to prove who you say you are.

Calling the security dept would not help you because this is totally outsourced to Philippines and those people over there just go by the rules and often very rude. These days if I have issues with Chase cards I go straightly to my branch.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:08 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:57 pm

So is the 100k officially over as of yesterday? They've stated a death date before and extended it...
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
Was at the branch today. Like others, they had issues. Banker called in for support who asked us to apply via consumer online route online but in the bank. Then we got the notice that we need to do verification but they are closed today. Was initially told if you did not get approved today, you could not get the 100K bonus but a second escalation said that was not right. I am supposed to call back on Monday, do a verification and then my banker has to escalate to get the 100K bonus. I am skeptical.
Got an email this AM saying Welcome to Chase Sapphire Reserve. I guess I did not have to call verification? This was after getting the "we will let you know by US Mail in 30 days. "
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:22 pm

Applied for the reserve 3-10 and got the we will mail you answer. I was at 4/24. I asked my banker if I can apply for the ink as well to get just 1 hard pull and she strongly suggested I don't so I went home. Next day called the lending team right away and had to move some credit from another card and got approved. I then applied for the ink plus online and capital one spark 2% and both got the same answer. I called again and explained my business and got approved for both. Happy times.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Went to Trenton branch today, 9.30 am, 6 people ahead of me applying for CC, approx 2 hours wait. Left and went to Ewing branch, 15 mins away, 2 people ahead of me, wait approx 20 mins, applied, and got the message for 7-10 business days decision. I'm 5/24 and it'll drop in another 20 days. We'll see if I can get approve by then.
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Did anyone got a call from chase for approval? I got a call from a chase number, however it didn't leave any voicemail. (I don't pick up number which are not on my phone book)
Got my letter today telling me that Chase has the max credit extended to me. Call, move some credit, and got it approved. I was supposed to drop under 5/24 in another 2 weeks.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chase Sapphire Reserve confirmed our minimum spend was satisfied on 3/10.
Next statement drops on 4/10.
When will the 100K bonus UR appear in our account?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:35 am

Applied on 3/9 and got the 30 day message when checking the status on the phone.

I am at 5/24. Will drop to 4/24 on 3/31.

3/14 Chase Sapphire Reserve shows up in my account this morning.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Chase Sapphire Reserve confirmed our minimum spend was satisfied on 3/10.
Next statement drops on 4/10.
When will the 100K bonus UR appear in our account?
Mine was almost instantly. Does not take long
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
After oodles of procrastination we were driving by Chase on Saturday so I pulled into the parking lot and coaxed my ther half inside to get her signed up. Their systems were all messed up so the banker did it on-line and put in a magic code to get her the 100k if approved. We got the dreaded 7-10 day notification. There was a 30+ minute wait for her to call in at that point. After 10 we gave up. How does that differ from the 30 day notice? At this point should we just wait for a letter or should we call in?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Got an email this AM saying Welcome to Chase Sapphire Reserve. I guess I did not have to call verification? This was after getting the "we will let you know by US Mail in 30 days. "
Card arrived today. Went back to the branch to have them "escalate" to corporate which ended up putting some notes on my account that I should get the 100K. Was told to call back after the 4K spend to verify.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
After oodles of procrastination we were driving by Chase on Saturday so I pulled into the parking lot and coaxed my ther half inside to get her signed up. Their systems were all messed up so the banker did it on-line and put in a magic code to get her the 100k if approved. We got the dreaded 7-10 day notification. There was a 30+ minute wait for her to call in at that point. After 10 we gave up. How does that differ from the 30 day notice? At this point should we just wait for a letter or should we call in?
Don't get worried just yet, the "7-10 days" you saw online is not the same as the "7-10 days" message you're concerned about. This post probably explains it best:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27723632-post45.html

No need for her to be nervous, EVERYONE applying online who is not instantly approved gets a 7-10 day message. It's the message seen on the computer screen after applying where it states that if you're approved, you'll receive your card in 7-10 days. Unfortunately this has been confused over and over again with the 7-10 day message associated with calling the automated response line.

A 7-10 day message received online immediately after applying is in no way indicative of approval or denial PERIOD.
The 7-10 day message from the automated response line is the one that has the negative connotation (yes I know there have been exceptions, but that's not relevant to what I'm pointing out here).
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:34 pm

Card arrived today. Went back to the branch to have them "escalate" to corporate which ended up putting some notes on my account that I should get the 100K. Was told to call back after the 4K spend to verify.
I sent chase an SMS. After some back and forth they confirmed in writing I would get the 100k points once I hit the minimum spend. I don't want to rely on the bank remembering my visit.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Don't get worried just yet, the "7-10 days" you saw online is not the same as the "7-10 days" message you're concerned about. This post probably explains it best:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27723632-post45.html
Thanks - we'll wait and see what shows up in the mailbox and proceed appropriately frm there.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:21 am

My wife and I just had our Global Entry interviews at the airport. Easy Peasy. And reimbursement from Chase was instantaneous when we paid the fees about two weeks ago.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: Platinum Card Rewards
Says so on the top of the page in the very first sentence right on my Credit Card disclosure form.

Originally Posted by johndoes
How can you confirm banker entering his info will make it eligible for 100K? Is banker giving you in writing something or somehow 100K offer pop-up online after entering banker info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.