Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by USAJerry
I drove up from Virginia to Trenton, NJ this morning to apply in person. No luck. Not an instant decline but I know it's going to come my way. Got the 30-day wait message.

At least it was a nice day for a drive. I'm not optimistic that I will get it. I'd rather have them decline me on the spot instead of sending me a letter as to why they aren't going to approve me.

I got the 30 day wait too, all that meant for me was that I needed to move some credit around from my other accounts. After a call to underwriting they approved me and the account is active and I can see it online. I would call in if I were you.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Everything points to 3/11 as the last day. One blogger said 3/12 but I have not seen any confirmation.
It has been alleged that there are a handful of Chase branches in NY neighborhoods (with large orthodox jewish populations) that are closed on saturdays but open on sundays. That appears to be the connection to 3/12 being the last day for the 100K bonus (since 3/12 is a sunday). Don't know how true that is, but unless you're planning to head for one of those neighborhood branches, I think for most of us 3/11 is (was) the cut-off.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I got the 30 day wait too, all that meant for me was that I needed to move some credit around from my other accounts. After a call to underwriting they approved me and the account is active and I can see it online. I would call in if I were you.

Did you know that moving credit around to help your case or is that something that they (Chase) suggested to you ?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
I called the status line when I got home and it gave me the dreaded 7-10 day message.

I currently do not have any accounts with Chase so I'm unable to move credit around.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:44 pm

My wife got 30 days wait too - then we called and system declined straight away for being above 5/24.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:01 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
It has been alleged that there are a handful of Chase branches in NY neighborhoods (with large orthodox jewish populations) that are closed on saturdays but open on sundays. That appears to be the connection to 3/12 being the last day for the 100K bonus (since 3/12 is a sunday). Don't know how true that is, but unless you're planning to head for one of those neighborhood branches, I think for most of us 3/11 is (was) the cut-off.
According the the Chase website, there are three branches in San Francisco open tomorrow. I applied today just in case, and got the "letter in the mail in 7 days" response. Since I have no other Chase cards, probably means declined.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Did you know that moving credit around to help your case or is that something that they (Chase) suggested to you ?
I just knew, its because i have had a relationship with Chase for awhile now and I have a lot of credit. They must have some kind of hard cap against the limit that is extended to someone. When i moved my limit around from another card i was approved.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:07 pm

I called the status line when I got home and it gave me the dreaded 7-10 day message.

I currently do not have any accounts with Chase so I'm unable to move credit around.
You are calling the wrong line, you should call the reconsideration line, it usually connects you to an underwriter directly. I found the number here in FT awhile back, at the branch the banker called it for me.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Chase did this to me also. They reduced my credit limits from Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred card in order to give me the new CSR card
They told me it would be 7-10 days.
I found out about 30 hours later that I was approved.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

I signed up for the CSR a few weeks ago in hoping to get the 100k bonus pts. Account was approved and I was using the card just fine. I changed my address on the account to an address that I did not know was marked for fruad or was not listed on my credit bureau.
Chase fraud team called on Thrus and told me they have to close down my account since it was blocked on the trade line from Experian. I am in the midst of adding/proving to Experian that I currently live at the address and there's no fraud. When I can into Chase, it shows the account is marked for fraud due to the card being stolen. That is not the case, I currently the card in my possession. I have been on the phone with them for the past 2 days and all i got is my account is closed and they cannot reopen it.

Can they do this? Chase says once the account has been closed, there's no way of them reopening it. They said i can go to the branch and try to open up a new account. I tried that on this past thurs and fri and the banker does not see the CSR option at all for. Their system thinks i still have the account active.

I am not out of the 100k bonus sign up, what are my options? Anybody else has experience this? This sucks!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by wick3d45
I signed up for the CSR a few weeks ago in hoping to get the 100k bonus pts. Account was approved and I was using the card just fine. I changed my address on the account to an address that I did not know was marked for fruad or was not listed on my credit bureau.
Chase fraud team called on Thrus and told me they have to close down my account since it was blocked on the trade line from Experian. I am in the midst of adding/proving to Experian that I currently live at the address and there's no fraud. When I can into Chase, it shows the account is marked for fraud due to the card being stolen. That is not the case, I currently the card in my possession. I have been on the phone with them for the past 2 days and all i got is my account is closed and they cannot reopen it.

Can they do this? Chase says once the account has been closed, there's no way of them reopening it. They said i can go to the branch and try to open up a new account. I tried that on this past thurs and fri and the banker does not see the CSR option at all for. Their system thinks i still have the account active.

I am not out of the 100k bonus sign up, what are my options? Anybody else has experience this? This sucks!
If it's closed for fraud, they usually simply reissue a card with a new number. I think that's why your account is showing up as active...your new card is on the way. Getting the new card is usually quick and painless, unless you've got autopay accounts set up. If you're asking them to reopen a closed line of credit that was closed/flagged for fraud, that's different than asking them when your replacement card will be arriving, and at which address.

Do you do online banking? Do you see the card online with a different card number, but all of your same history, pending charges, etc?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
If it's closed for fraud, they usually simply reissue a card with a new number. I think that's why your account is showing up as active...your new card is on the way. Getting the new card is usually quick and painless, unless you've got autopay accounts set up. If you're asking them to reopen a closed line of credit that was closed/flagged for fraud, that's different than asking them when your replacement card will be arriving, and at which address.

Do you do online banking? Do you see the card online with a different card number, but all of your same history, pending charges, etc?
I do a lot of online banking. After that i called i got saying my account has been closed, i no longer see that account at all when I log in..no history, no charges, nothing! They said I wont be liable for any current charges on the account, never mentioned anything about sending me a new card. I have had lots of credit card, but never had I had to go through this.

At this point, I dont think i am able to even sign up for the CSR at all and i have done nothing wrong but prove my identity by answering security questions that only I would know.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:35 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wick3d45
At this point, I dont think i am able to even sign up for the CSR at all and i have done nothing wrong but prove my identity by answering security questions that only I would know.
Maybe time for a (short) paper letter to the Chase executive office, explaining the scenario?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:54 am

I drove up from Virginia to Trenton, NJ this morning to apply in person. No luck. Not an instant decline but I know it's going to come my way. Got the 30-day wait message.

At least it was a nice day for a drive. I'm not optimistic that I will get it. I'd rather have them decline me on the spot instead of sending me a letter as to why they aren't going to approve me.
Wow, you drove from VA just to get delcined? Ouch!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Northwest, United
What's the consensus on the meaning of getting the "7-10 days" letter versus the "30 days" letter"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.