Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by pcoll
Went into branch today for second CSR card to get 100,000 point offer before expiration tomorrow.
Instant approval with FedEx expedited delivery.
I did inform banker that PP has been getting turned away lately at AS lounges, due to space constraints.
Hopefully, when re-up for card happens later this year, many will decide to drop card ( and PP from CSR)
Originally Posted by happyvoid
you can get 2 CSRs?
When I read this and also had the same question?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
When I read this and also had the same question?
Maybe he went in-branch for SO or family member.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
I was about to head into a branch today to apply for the CSR since it's the last day for 100k bonus but seeing a few reports from folks online either unable to have their application processed by the branch (system down) or that the branch is unable to offer the CSR...
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
My parents were informed that the CSR in-branch promo ended one day early. What is everyone else hearing? They have the option of applying for other cards.

Would Chase really do that?
Update : Chase confirmed via Twitter that today is last day for CSR 100K bonus.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by elsenor
I was about to head into a branch today to apply for the CSR since it's the last day for 100k bonus but seeing a few reports from folks online either unable to have their application processed by the branch (system down) or that the branch is unable to offer the CSR...
Am at a branch now. They were able to process the reserve. The banker had to do it online not through the regular process. Then the banker enters his bank ID info and this makes you eligible for the 100k in points.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Am at a branch now. They were able to process the reserve. The banker had to do it online not through the regular process. Then the banker enters his bank ID info and this makes you eligible for the 100k in points.
How can you confirm banker entering his info will make it eligible for 100K? Is banker giving you in writing something or somehow 100K offer pop-up online after entering banker info?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks for the info. I'll suggest that if necessary.

Last edited by elsenor; Mar 11, 2017 at 9:26 am Reason: simplicity
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
At a branch now.
Hearing that due to a technology fault, the CSR is not showing up on their internal system at all...even for the 50k points.

They have confirmed 100k offer still valid today.

Their Tech department is stating the workaround is to use public website to apply and reference an internal ticket number that will trigger honoring the extra 50k points.

Staff is is trying to validate the workaround with CC department before proceeding.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Ok. All finished. Approved without any trouble. I just happened to catch this offer on FT and on the last day. Wasn't expecting to open another card, but seemed too good to pass up.

Confirmed process. Once minimum spend is met, I have to call Cust service and have them adjust the bonus an
additional 50k.

This is is a nationwide issue, so good info to have if you need it today.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:18 am

Success. Instantly approved in branch. Banker had to process the app just as ZBigFam noted above (included their banker/location # which shows it was done in branch). Chase support confirmed people would be getting the 100k.

Also, IF THEY SAY THEY ARENT ABLE TO FIND RESERVE, or don't know what to do even w/ the above info, they can call Branch Support Team for help.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
Thanks so much for the info!

My wife went in early today and they said the offer was expired already and was trying to push a different sign-up offer for the preferred card. Didn't sound right so looked online to see if others were having issues. Called the branch back-up and they said they can do that.... unfortunately it means TWO visits to the branch but hey for 100K bonus worth the hassle.

Thanks for all the info...

On Reddit they mentioned when they do it online inside the branch there's a section called "For Bank Use Only" and that's where they enter their info (banker and location info), to get proper credit and get the 100K bonus.

Looks like most branches close at 4pm.... so still time!!!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Was at the branch today. Like others, they had issues. Banker called in for support who asked us to apply via consumer online route online but in the bank. Then we got the notice that we need to do verification but they are closed today. Was initially told if you did not get approved today, you could not get the 100K bonus but a second escalation said that was not right. I am supposed to call back on Monday, do a verification and then my banker has to escalate to get the 100K bonus. I am skeptical.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
I drove up from Virginia to Trenton, NJ this morning to apply in person. No luck. Not an instant decline but I know it's going to come my way. Got the 30-day wait message.

At least it was a nice day for a drive. I'm not optimistic that I will get it. I'd rather have them decline me on the spot instead of sending me a letter as to why they aren't going to approve me.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:28 pm

I noticed there are some branches in NYC open tomorrow. Is today the last day, or tomorrow?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by slice
I noticed there are some branches in NYC open tomorrow. Is today the last day, or tomorrow?
Everything points to 3/11 as the last day. One blogger said 3/12 but I have not seen any confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.