Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sandman512
Long time lurker with a quick question. Looking to get the CSC as the travel benefits seem like they would work nicely for my family(I have daughter in college we visit). My question, In order to use the travel insurance, I know you have to use the card itself, BUT does it have to be booked via the Chase website or can it be done via another website itself(Expedia, Southwest, etc...) Thanks!
Welcome to FT! I assume you mean the CSR card? You can use it on any website to book travel and still have the travel benefits. We have separate threads on this forum for the $300 travel benefit and for the insurance benefits in case you want indepth info. Happy traveling.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Welcome to FT! I assume you mean the CSR card? You can use it on any website to book travel and still have the travel benefits. We have separate threads on this forum for the $300 travel benefit and for the insurance benefits in case you want indepth info. Happy traveling.
My bad, yes, I meant the CSR card. Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Long time lurker with a quick question. Looking to get the CSC as the travel benefits seem like they would work nicely for my family(I have daughter in college we visit). My question, In order to use the travel insurance, I know you have to use the card itself, BUT does it have to be booked via the Chase website or can it be done via another website itself(Expedia, Southwest, etc...) Thanks!
Welcome to FT.
As noted above, the 3x for travel and the travel reimbursement can be booked on many sites, including all airline sites, and receive the credit/bonus points. The master thread on the topic is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...el-credit.html
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The great thing for the travel insurance is that some part of the travel has to be booked with the card. This means paying the fees for an award ticket with the card means you are also covered.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:50 pm

Question Required spend of $4000

When does clock start for the 3 month period to charge a total of $4000 to the card? When card receipt is confirmed with Chase or when first charge is made?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
When does clock start for the 3 month period to charge a total of $4000 to the card? When card receipt is confirmed with Chase or when first charge is made?
Application approval, and it's padded to cover any delays in receiving the card.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:26 pm

Dad applied for CSR and CIP today. Was at 0/24 (waited for two years!); instant aproval for both.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
The clock starts when the card is approved. Chase generally gives you 115 days from that date to meet the minimum spend.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by hargobind
Dad applied for CSR and CIP today. Was at 0/24 (waited for two years!); instant aproval for both.
I think you meant CSP?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pallhedge
I think you meant CSP?
Why does Sapphire Reserve plus Sapphire Preferred
seem more likely than Sapphire Reserve plus INK Preferred?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by mia
I also think OP meant Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) and Chase Ink Preferred (CIP)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:22 am

I called a couple days ago to downgrade the CSR to get the AF refund. The AF post date is 12/1 but statement close was 12/18. The rep says I have 30 days from statement close to cancel/downgrade the card; I had thought it was 30 days from the date the AF posts. I told the rep I would think about it.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I called a couple days ago to downgrade the CSR to get the AF refund. The AF post date is 12/1 but statement close was 12/18. The rep says I have 30 days from statement close to cancel/downgrade the card; I had thought it was 30 days from the date the AF posts. I told the rep I would think about it.
Did you use the 2018 travel credit and if so, did they say anything when you asked to downgrade intially?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by vm81
I also think OP meant Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) and Chase Ink Preferred (CIP)
Because OP wrote CSR and CSP in this other post. One of the 2 posts contains a typo and instant approval leads me to believe that CSP is more likely the correct card than CIP. I made it a question because I can't be certain.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
The cancellation policy is in the terms and it's 30 days from the statement date, though I've read reports of difficulty getting Chase to honor it beyond the 30 days from posting. The downgrade/product change policy is not published but you get 60 days for a full refund and pro-rated after that. I always advise using annual fee posting date as the starting point before adding 30/60 days to be safe.
Happy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.