Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
True...I assumed (incorrectly) that when I was not immediately approved that the only other option was to be immediately declined. The 800 number quickly confirmed my wife's card with a high limit...I think all of us in the early days of this thread just assumed that the phone never informed you that you'd been denied.

One other thing I noticed today: the card that I would have offered to give up to get the BA card had its credit limit reduced by the exact amount of my BA Visa.

I get the sense that it's Chase's subtle way of telling me "We'll let you in on this one with a low limit, but you're at the edge of what we we're going to give you..." If there's a new Marriott or UA 100k bonus offer out next week, I suspect I won't be able to get it.
Your assumption is correct. The current TOTAL credit line you have with Chase, probably is the maximum exposure they would allow with your profile.

Though I would think Chase should have called you first regarding the option of re-allocating credit line. It seems only BofA pulls such act of re-allocating credit lines without first consult with the applicants.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blade107
Yeah I see what you mean but how about the TPA-GIG-TPA routing tru MIA with AA could that be done for 40K per person still? thx!
Should be good if AA has eagle flights between TPA and MIA.

And to get a definite answer, you can call BAEC to find out for sure.

On another note, why people keep sweating on the little details such as from home base to gateway airports? At worst scenario, you pay your own way to get from TPA to MIA, or wherever to ORD, or SFO, or JFK.... The domestic portions to get to the gateways are plentiful, and in the big scheme of things, it is a small additional cost, really.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:48 am

Amazing what you can learn by checking the web site...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

click on North America for ones departure region and all will be reveiled !!!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Amazing what you can learn by checking the web site...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

click on North America for ones departure region and all will be reveiled !!!
No kidding. But people will keep asking the readily answered questions again and again ...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: DELTA SM
Originally Posted by Happy
Should be good if AA has eagle flights between TPA and MIA.

And to get a definite answer, you can call BAEC to find out for sure.

On another note, why people keep sweating on the little details such as from home base to gateway airports? At worst scenario, you pay your own way to get from TPA to MIA, or wherever to ORD, or SFO, or JFK.... The domestic portions to get to the gateways are plentiful, and in the big scheme of things, it is a small additional cost, really.
Thanks happy,

You're right about the domestic portion but from what I understand AA has the Eagle flights from here to MIA.

The great part of all this is that for 40K I can go to Rio and back. This Card is really what I needed.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you never receive a decline message, it may just be your application was stuck in a "Security Review / Verification" que. Mine is currently in that stage since 11/19 application date, while my husband's card applied on the same date, showed up online in 4 days! And I even used Chase log-in, but his was done as new customer.

Three 888 number reps said they cannot touch my app because there is NOTHING they can do - app is not in declined status, app is not in que for re-allocation CL, app is simply in que for Security Review / Verification. The last 2 reps did say they did not see any factor that would affect approval other than the process of security verification.
Originally Posted by lyst
From my experience with both my application and Hubby's, I would say don't use the chase log in on application. They needed to verify our SS number and utility bill for identity. I was able to get it done on the phone during the day, by being transferred to fraud department, and asked alot of questions to verify identity. But hubby, who called in evening, needs to wait until letter comes in mail and then mail back all the info. I was approved 2 days after they verified identity for 22,500. I have been doing the AA citi churning for 2 cards every 60 days and had 9 hard pulls from Jan. Happy I was approved!!
Message changed to Congratulation with sizable CL. I was planning to call back and ask for Fraud Dept if the app was still in limbo for another week... What the heck they need to verify when customer using Chase log-in to apply?!

EDIT:

The card is now online, while on Sunday the message was still "we would notify you within 2 weeks." Sheesh.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 30, 2009 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Your assumption is correct. The current TOTAL credit line you have with Chase, probably is the maximum exposure they would allow with your profile.

Though I would think Chase should have called you first regarding the option of re-allocating credit line. It seems only BofA pulls such act of re-allocating credit lines without first consult with the applicants.
I haven't yet received anything in writing from Chase (either via snail mail or e-mail). Just the emails from BA and the confirmation on the 800 line that I'd been approved with a small amount of credit.

To be fair, the account they reallocated credit from has a zero balance and hasn't had any activity on it in six months. The only reason I keep it open is because every now and then I get a fresh new 0% teaser offer on it. My other two Chase accounts that have regular activity weren't affected.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
I haven't yet received anything in writing from Chase (either via snail mail or e-mail). Just the emails from BA and the confirmation on the 800 line that I'd been approved with a small amount of credit.

To be fair, the account they reallocated credit from has a zero balance and hasn't had any activity on it in six months. The only reason I keep it open is because every now and then I get a fresh new 0% teaser offer on it. My other two Chase accounts that have regular activity weren't affected.
But the 0% teaser offer now no longer is fee-free. I got those every few weeks but all of them now carry 3+% one-time fee.

They do not take anything away from my dormant card which I only charge a few bucks every 3 months to keep it alive before the coin thing. Then used the coin to get up to next reward level and promptly cashed out the reward then let it go back to sleep.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:27 pm

whats the number

Hello to all,what is the 1800 number you guys are calling to get the answer?
Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:37 pm

anyone know of a 0% offer that will let me transfer my balance of $4k from AMEX with no fees attached?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
I see on BA.com that credit card holders also get a $50 discount when booking on BA.com

Does anyone know if this applies to TATL flights only? Would you get the discount on a LHR-CDG flight?

Last edited by bsb21; Nov 30, 2009 at 10:13 pm
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by mmoghbelli
Hello to all,what is the 1800 number you guys are calling to get the answer?
Thanks
Read post number 1 on the first page.

When I called to activate my cards last week the CSR told me that my card had no fee for the first year. I know that is not what the t/c say but will report back when the first statement posts.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Approved. 25K. No complaints.

Any guesses as to why Chase is so generous with the CL's on this card? These credit lines remind me of apps from 2 years ago.

Is it only to burn through all the BAEC points they got their hands on ?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:02 am

Approved for $25K. Already in my accounts online. Applied Nov. 7. I guess it took this long because Chase reduced my Sony's card by $25K without me doing anything before I was approved.

All set with BA Executive Club.

Thanks for all the input!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:50 am

The 800 # to check on the status of your application is 800-945-2006. When the recording starts press the # key and then listen and follow the prompts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.