Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:34 am

For those waiting for application after the targeted offer deadline of Nov. 30, the website is still active and taking applications.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
But the 0% teaser offer now no longer is fee-free. I got those every few weeks but all of them now carry 3+% one-time fee.

They do not take anything away from my dormant card which I only charge a few bucks every 3 months to keep it alive before the coin thing. Then used the coin to get up to next reward level and promptly cashed out the reward then let it go back to sleep.
This card still occasionally gets a fee-free teaser. Sometimes there are two 0% teasers listed in my options: a short one with no fees and a longer one with 3% juice. I've noticed that there's no longer a cap on the juice...it's always a full 3% (Sometimes it used to be $50 or $75 max.)

Going back to the discussion about South America: from reading the website, it appears to be 40k to use one partner airline only. So TPA-MIA-GIG-MIA-TPA appears to be 40k in coach or 80k in biz.

Selecting the "BA plus one partner" option shows the award as available for 50k for N.A. to South America. But when I log in and search on the award, no availability shows up for an entire year. Therefore, it sounds like it is not allowed.

On the bright side, once I was logged in I searched for a variety of peak-season itineraries and found surprisingly good availability. Lots of midsummer availability to Europe, etc. Good availability in both Y and biz. The bogus fees on award tickets are a pain, but I guess it's better than finding zero availability like I'm used to on some other airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bsb21
$50 discount when booking on BA.com Does anyone know if this applies to TATL flights only?
$50 off British Airways tickets is valid for booking through December 31, 2009 for purchases made at ba.com/get50 only. Valid for travel through December 31, 2010.

If you follow the link you can read the rules...

This offer is available from any US gateway to British Airways Visa cardholders for booking online from this page only. Offer vaild through midnight EDT December 31, 2009 for travel through December 31, 2010.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Another data point,

1. I applied for the BA Chase Card on November 5 or 6 and Chase pulled my credit report from Equifax.
2. I have good credit scores and no debt.
3. Last week, Chase pulled by credit report from Trans Union)
4. Following the TU credit report, Chase reduced my credit lines on my open Chase credit cards. Chase sent me a letter for each card that had a credit line reduced. All cards had no balances and are rarely used (so no big deal for me).
5. Since I made the application, I have been calling the 800-945-2006 number to check my application status. I consistently got the "we got your application and will notify you within two weeks.
6. Over the weekend, I called the 800 number and the status changed to "approved" with a relatively small credit line.
7. As of December 1, the account does show in my Chase profile and the $75 was billed. The card was received a few days later.
8. In late Summer, Chase denied my application for a Sapphire card application citing sufficient credit already available (not exact response). However, in September Chase offered me a new Business card (with a specific credit limit) while I was opening a Chase Business Checking Account with a Continental Onepass Debit Card (the $65 one). I declined the credit card offer since it offered no bonus points.

I hope this is of some help.

Last edited by whynotgo; Dec 4, 2009 at 6:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by mia

If you follow the link you can read the rules...

This offer is available from any US gateway to British Airways Visa cardholders for booking online from this page only. Offer vaild through midnight EDT December 31, 2009 for travel through December 31, 2010.
Didn't see the link there before.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
I applied on Friday evening and got the email from BA welcoming me to Executive Club today (Tuesday), so a fairly quick turn around. I called to check the status and it was approved, the credit line is not huge, but more than enough to cover the $2000 i need to spend to get the miles
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it's 12/1/09 and the second link still seems to be working. So I guess the 11/30 deadline wasn't correct after all.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:24 pm
DLB

Chase Bank Glitches on the 100,000 miles BA Visa card

My wife and I received our "100,000 miles offer" BA Chase Bank VISA Signature" cards, but the BA Rewards pamphlet enclosed stated nothing whatsoever regarding the 100,000 bonus miles. I also went online to the Chase account and looked at the BA card benefits shown there. Same story.

For FT sticklers, the BA/Chase Visa Signature card offer is actually for two bonuses; 50,000 miles with first purchase and later 50,000 more miles if $2,000 is spent within two months. It seems by far the best credit card/miles promotion we have seen. BA is very much appreciated for promoting it.

I then called Chase Bank since the offer says that if you do not qualify for their BA/Chase Visa Signature (100,000 mile deal) card they can issued another card with lesser benefits without further notice. Let that be a warning to all! Hence I was reluctant to use the cards without the bank's written assurance the "100,000 miles" benefit applied to the card furnished us.

I was also gun shy, because on several previous occasions a card issued to me by Chase did not earn all the promotional benefits originally offered. Those prior problems were eventually rectified but not without a time consuming, major hassle, including providing written proof of the original offer, etc. and numerous "escalations' to someone who could make a decision that was not in a pre-written script.

This time I resolved to get a written clarification of reward benefits from Chase before ever using the card. Naturally the first several calls resulted in entry level people giving incorrect answers or answering the wrong questions, including telling me no such BA card existed, or that they needed my promo-invitation number since it was a limited promotion. All of that was wrong, of course.

Finally, because no management people work on the weekends, I was told to call BA Exec. Club. I objected saying I think Chase Bank should be fully aware of the reward benefits and that BA will likely refer me back to Chase. But they were firm, saying I had to call the BA Exec Club.

So I called and the BA Exec Club. The BA rep was quite aware of the problem with Chase and said, "I don't know why Chase Bank is acting like it has unheard of this offer, we've had several complaints like yours. But I'll have our BA liaison with Chase person call you and get it straightened out.

I waited a day but that call never came. So I called Chase again and since it was a weekday when management works, I asked for escalation to a supervisor. She at first went through the same comments described above, but after my insistence she eventually referred deeper into to her computer system then finally agreed there was an 100,000 miles promo from BA and that I was on that plan. I asked for it in writing. She agreed to mailing a verification of the BA reward benefits specific to the BA card offered by postal mail. Chase apparently cannot use email, so I am now awaiting that corrected info. But I cannot help but wonder if instead they'll send the wrong rewards pamphlet again... and the game will go on...

It seems to me there could have been better planning, coordination and training before this offer came about, but it is not atypical of large corporation service nowadays.

By the way, it is always good to print and retain these offers. somehow the banks seem to conveniently "forget' about them later and you may need them to prove your point.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is it possible that the pamphlets or other materials that get mailed with the credit cards and/or BAEC welcome materials are generic? In other words, they didn't print new materials to support all of the various signup bonuses that are offered at any given point in time.

Also, I thought we had upthread confirmation that regardless of whether your card said "Signature" or "Platinum" on it, you were still in line for the 100k if you clicked on the appropriate signup link.

We're 1150 posts deep and probably covering ground from 2-3 weeks ago, but I don't think you have reason to panic - yet.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
DLB, so far no one has said anything about bonus offers being mentioned in the mail or through your Chase Online account.

How recently did you receive your cards? If you have the Signature version, I think you would have received an e-mail confirming the 100K offer in about a week from activation.

I have nothing in writing from Chase, but I'm going to print out the offer page I used when I applied. I was told I would receive both 50K bonuses upon qualifying activity during my activation chat, and I also called back and confirmed that (twice). I do not have the Signature version.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLB
By the way, it is always good to print and retain these offers. somehow the banks seem to conveniently "forget' about them later and you may need them to prove your point.
Of all the cards with bonus offers, be them from Chase, Citi, BofA or AMEX that we ever received, NONE comes with literature about the bonus offers. Yet, only AMEX has ever required some follow up with the offer documents to sort out a non-posted bonus (was in the pipeline, but not delivered - required manual push-thru by a CSR).

Yes, it is a good idea to keep records of the offers you apply for, but if you apply thru the correct link, the bonuses will show up even though sometimes may incur a delay.

Upthread, there is at least one person reported he got the initial 50K - said poster might have applied the card before the offer was made available to the public (available to some selected BAEC members before Nov 5th).

If you are so worried, send a secured email from your account at Chase online to ask for verification. I am sure this would be a much easier, quicker method to get WRITTEN verification from Chase.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:21 pm
Suspended

A Heads UP to those who want to Open accts with the CC

1stly I would call Cahse and get them to lower your CA to $0 , why cause 1 Bank can set the transaction as a Purchase and teh the CCs Bank can switch it to a CA or CE which means its not considered a Purchase and the % clock has started up

Yrs ago with teh Savings Bonds I charged a nice amount to my then Chase BA Visa, it went thru as a Purchase but no MILES!! Chase told me it was a CE (cash equivalent as you arent getting anything from a Financial Institution other then $$$)

So you can open 4 or how many accts you want but they just might not count towards the $2k, Id play it safe and I dont plan to count any charges coming from a Financial instution as part of my $2k. Too much at Risk
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by craz
1stly I would call Cahse and get them to lower your CA to $0 , why cause 1 Bank can set the transaction as a Purchase and teh the CCs Bank can switch it to a CA or CE which means its not considered a Purchase and the % clock has started up

Yrs ago with teh Savings Bonds I charged a nice amount to my then Chase BA Visa, it went thru as a Purchase but no MILES!! Chase told me it was a CE (cash equivalent as you arent getting anything from a Financial Institution other then $$$)

So you can open 4 or how many accts you want but they just might not count towards the $2k, Id play it safe and I dont plan to count any charges coming from a Financial instution as part of my $2k. Too much at Risk
What if you prepay - wouldn't that stop interest from accruing?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:00 pm

My 1st statement is already closed for several days, thus far only the miles earned from actual spend have been posted to the BA FF account -- I wasn't looking for it either since T&C clearly stated that bonus miles would post 6-8 weeks after qualifying spend.

I did receive an email from Chase in which they congratulated me for obtaining the BA Visa card and even mentioned the 50K+50K bonus miles in this email. I'd of course keep this email on file until the bonus miles are deposited. Speaking of emails, I first received one from BA about PIN to access the FF account, then a day or two later another one from BA informing me of the FF account number -- so you see how disorderly things can be but they do work out in the end. The 3rd email was from Chase, i.e., the one I mentioned earlier.

I'd say even if you haven't received such an email from Chase, don't fret since it might be coming your way if you populated the email address in your online application. By the way, I'm an existing customer with deposit accounts and a number of cards with Chase and I do use the paperless feature for all of them, so Chase knows I prefer e-communication. YMMV, & this is just something you heard on the internet so please keep in mind of the variability in our situations and refrain from calling Chase to demand an email detailing the bonus structure.

Last edited by deltame; Dec 1, 2009 at 7:05 pm
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
What if you prepay - wouldn't that stop interest from accruing?
Please check out the other thread on opening online accounts with credit card. You need balance the pros and cons, and if your only purpose for doing that is to meet $2k spend on BA card, its not worth it. If you happen to have a large credit line on your BA card and "can" take advantage of additional BA miles/spend, then invest sometime to study the other thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.