Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
My SO applied and got a letter from Chase requesting a copy of her SS card and a utility bill. What the heck? The same thing occurred for her younger sister.

Thing is, she doesn't have her SS card. Lost it way back. Has anyone come across this?
Wife got this. Sent in copy of SS card and auto registration with our address on it. Message updated from the "7 to 14 days" to the "received on Nov 9th, will be notified in two weeks" a few days ago. Still waiting on something more in the mail.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsb21
The phote person said something that I don't remember. I guess that I will have to wait for the letter.

Whats wierd is that when I was denied for the first time, I was told that my credit report did not support my income. Now they were able dig up more reasons??
In this case, I were you I would definitely pull the credit report and make sure there is NOT a mismatch of Identify here. It happens and you want to make sure your ID is not mixed up with another person's.

Your banker should be able to find out more the details by going thru the internal channel if he is really worth anything.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
My SO applied and got a letter from Chase requesting a copy of her SS card and a utility bill. What the heck? The same thing occurred for her younger sister.

Thing is, she doesn't have her SS card. Lost it way back. Has anyone come across this?
Nothing unusual if the bank's Fraud Dept feels the need to verify the ID of the applicants. Several posts here reported they are required to do that.

She should have reported her loss of the card with the SS office and they would issue her a new card (with SAME SSN). She could send in her W-2 or anything that her SSN is on it to prove she is the person who has submitted the app.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Wife got this. Sent in copy of SS card and auto registration with our address on it. Message updated from the "7 to 14 days" to the "received on Nov 9th, will be notified in two weeks" a few days ago. Still waiting on something more in the mail.
If the app is not approvable, the bank would not ask for verification of ID.

It is in the "Security Verification" process now. You will not receive any more mail but eventually the message would change to "Congrutulation" - it would take about a week to 10 days.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>>>My SO applied and got a letter from Chase requesting a copy of her SS card and a utility bill. What the heck? The same thing occurred for her younger sister.

Same thing happened to my wife. Made the copies and sent the next day. After about a week or so the phone messages says that she is approved. Already put a dishwasher and waste disposal appliances on this card and making the salesperson wait for it...she probably thinks I am a deadbeat or something. My advice to you is to tell your sister to go to the nearest SS office and get a new SS card and get these to Chase asap if she wants the 100k miles!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I had to send in the same-sent in copy of SS card and a copy of drivers license with address on it...sent my stuff in week before thanksgiving...still waiting. Called and no updated message indicating receipt of material
Old Dec 2, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Out of curiosity, how many people have a SS card? No, I'm not starting a poll here, but I've not had a SS card since I was 15 and my mom washed it with my blue jeans (I still love ya', Ma!). So what if one doesn't have a SS card? Is there another form of 'proof' of identity that card companies accept? Passport?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Out of curiosity, how many people have a SS card? No, I'm not starting a poll here, but I've not had a SS card since I was 15 and my mom washed it with my blue jeans (I still love ya', Ma!). So what if one doesn't have a SS card? Is there another form of 'proof' of identity that card companies accept? Passport?
I not only have a SS card, I have my original SS card, bearing my signature from when I had to finally sign it the day I was hired for my first official job at 14. Almost 19 years ago.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
So what if one doesn't have a SS card? Is there another form of 'proof' of identity that card companies accept? Passport?
passport will probably be sufficient. You can't get a passport without a SS #.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Contrary to previous reports, the offer did not expire on 11/30. The web application link is still active today!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262
passport will probably be sufficient. You can't get a passport without a SS #.
Actually, you CAN get a passport without a SS #. You can just type in 000-00-0000. Of course, you may get a $500 penalty.

"Section 6039E of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 6039E) requires you to provide your Social Security Number (SSN), if you have
one, when you apply for a U.S. passport or renewal of a U.S. passport. If you have not been issued a SSN, enter zeros in box #5 of this
form. If you are residing abroad, you must also provide the name of the foreign country in which you are residing. The Department of
State must provide your SSN and foreign residence information to the Department of Treasury. If you fail to provide the information, you
are subject to a $500 penalty enforced by the IRS. All questions on this matter should be directed to the nearest IRS office."
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Enjoralas
I not only have a SS card, I have my original SS card, bearing my signature from when I had to finally sign it the day I was hired for my first official job at 14. Almost 19 years ago.
I can one up that. My ss card bears a signature from when I was just learning how to write cursive, probably 27 years ago.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
they actually misspelled my name (slightly) on my SS card which nobody realized until i got my first job a couple years back. Have yet to go get a new one.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by moondog
I can one up that. My ss card bears a signature from when I was just learning how to write cursive, probably 27 years ago.
Ok, so it's not mine. But my mom is many decades old - I should ask. Does yours say, like hers, "Not to be used for identification purposes" on it?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:08 am

Both hubby and I called 1888-609-7805 during the day and asked to resolve over the phone. We were transferred to fraud department, and asked a lot of questions. They were able to verify id over phone, so we didn't have to send SS number and copy of utility bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.