Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
dumb paranoid question

in the rules section it says something about applying the points to a coach flight. They can't MAKE you go coach. You can apply the points to biz or first? right?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:23 pm

More data point:

One of my family members applied yesterday (11/30) and she got a new BA Exec Welcome Email today, telling her to log in with the PIN (which, of course, has not arrived yet). In any case, I thought it was a fast turnaround time. It took me a full week before I heard anything! The status line message hasn't changed yet.

I had also gotten a email from chase that mentioned the 50K+50K bonus miles roughly a week after activation. I don't think anyone has gotten a "paper" pamphlet confirming the sign-on bonus. None of my credit cards (with bonus miles offer) ever come with the sign-up bonus info, but they have always posted. ^ I wouldn't be too worry about it if you had applied from the 50k+50K link.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:30 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Upthread, there is at least one person reported he got the initial 50K - said poster might have applied the card before the offer was made available to the public (available to some selected BAEC members before Nov 5th).
Another data point: applied the evening the offer went live; first statement closing date 22 November, two lots of miles (for initial few days' spend plus bonus 50,000) posted to BAEC account on 24 November.

No printed matter referring to the sign-up bonus, but then I wouldn't have expected any.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
More data point:

One of my family members applied yesterday (11/30) and she got a new BA Exec Welcome Email today, telling her to log in with the PIN (which, of course, has not arrived yet). In any case, I thought it was a fast turnaround time. It took me a full week before I heard anything! The status line message hasn't changed yet.

I had also gotten a email from chase that mentioned the 50K+50K bonus miles roughly a week after activation. I don't think anyone has gotten a "paper" pamphlet confirming the sign-on bonus. None of my credit cards (with bonus miles offer) ever come with the sign-up bonus info, but they have always posted. ^ I wouldn't be too worry about it if you had applied from the 50k+50K link.
DH also got approval in one day, he didn't have too many cards though. It took me more than a week though. BTW, I knew he got approved when checking the 1-800 number
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:47 pm

I got charged the annual fee today. I'm posting about this because when I called and activated my card they said the annual fee would be waived for the first year. Just wondering if anybody else got charged when they said it would be waived. I have the platinum version so maybe the person told me wrong and only signature card holders get the fee waived.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by piwo
I got charged the annual fee today. I'm posting about this because when I called and activated my card they said the annual fee would be waived for the first year. Just wondering if anybody else got charged when they said it would be waived. I have the platinum version so maybe the person told me wrong and only signature card holders get the fee waived.
I was just about to post this as well. I checked my charges today, and noticed that I was charged the $75 annual fee. The rep had told me that my annual fee is waived (because he didn't see it on the computer and it normally is when there is a fee). I don't think it has to do with the type of card. I have a Visa Signature card and the fee was posted today.

Oh well. I figured it was the cost of getting the 100k miles. No harm done.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
I was just about to post this as well. I checked my charges today, and noticed that I was charged the $75 annual fee. The rep had told me that my annual fee is waived (because he didn't see it on the computer and it normally is when there is a fee). I don't think it has to do with the type of card. I have a Visa Signature card and the fee was posted today.

Oh well. I figured it was the cost of getting the 100k miles. No harm done.
+1 the rep told me there is no charge.. maybe i should take it up with them
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:08 pm

taxes, fees, surcharges - on PARTNER award flights?

The credit card application information states: "All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges". It seems that this statement refers only to BA award flights.

So: (1) If one were to book strictly on a partner airline (e.g. AA or JAL) could you simply book directly with those airlines (giving them your BA mileage program number); and (2) In this case would there then be no taxes, fees, and surcharges that would apply?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by muji
The credit card application information states: "All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges". It seems that this statement refers only to BA award flights.

So: (1) If one were to book strictly on a partner airline (e.g. AA or JAL) could you simply book directly with those airlines (giving them your BA mileage program number); and (2) In this case would there then be no taxes, fees, and surcharges that would apply?
Yes, that is correct, if you were to search this thread and go to the BA website or the BA Forum on FT, you would find this to be accurate.

Except you need to book through BA for those airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Annual Fee charged on 12/01.

Despite at activation today the CSR said the annual fee would be charged at First Year Anniversary, the annual fee is posted on card today.

activity
Trans Date Post Date Type Description Transaction Number Amount
12/01/2009 12/01/2009 Fee ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE(Other)
$75.00

I fully expect many would see their annual fees showing up no matter what the CSRs told them, because the Ts & Cs say there is an annual fee.

Based on experiences with Chase, the annual fee is charged on the 1st of the month. In fact one time we had a CO card, the fee was charged BEFORE the card was showing up online - the card was "officially" approved on 2nd or 3rd of the month but the fee was charged on the 1st of the month. When the card was finally online, the fee was already there.

Check your account online to see if the fee posted.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muji

1) you can NOT. It is BA program, and BA miles you are using. Therefore you must book thru BA.

2) There will be taxes and fees, just no fuel surcharges.
There are ALWAYS taxes and fees with award booking in case you have not booked any award travel before. Just that partner airlines flights dont have fuel surcharges in the case of BA award.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:33 pm

Annual fee charged today for both my card and my wife's card. Both are Signature cards. The CSR told my wife that her first year fee will be waived. In my case, the CSR was not sure but she thought it will be waived too.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - annual fees for my two cards also.

I'll have to make some calls when I'm ready to do battle . . .
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
also charged
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
So, is anyone going to take Chase up on the fee?

The reps told you that there was no fee, yet it was stated in the T & C that you signed up with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.