Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by LLM
Is this your first BA Visa?
Yep - this is my 1st BA Visa card.

Also - no 75$ annual fee charged even though the dumb agent I spoke to at card activation said she cannot waive the fee. No complaints here...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by gya007

Will mostly buy Chase GCs for the remaining 2000$ to get the other 50K...

Thanks all!

-G
What are the charges for buying $2000 worth of Chase GCs and is there an expiration period on the gift cards or devaluation of money $ off the cards each month if not used in full by a certain time limit? I'm also assuming these cards can be used for almost everyday uses.
Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: VS Gold
I just called the number and they weren't happy that I had two UA Chase cards already; I too was able to close one and accept a lower credit limit than I had before, and they issued the card. They also asked me plenty of questions about my home equity line and other credit cards etc....
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OK, this is strange.

I applied for the card back on Nov 6 or whenever it was. So did my wife - she was approved instantly. I wasn't - I assumed I had been rejected.

I've been meaning to call Chase to close an account or do whatever else they wanted me to do to get the card. I was planning on calling them today.

This morning, I got an email from BA with my new account information. So I called the Chase 800 number and found that I now have a new BA Visa with a very low credit limit (under $10k).

From reading this board, I assume my card will still get the 50k/50k bonuses. I just plan on spending $2k or so in normal charges, so the low limit is not an issue. But it's a bit confusing...I was actually out of the country for the past two weeks, not really using any Chase credit cards much at all, yet something happened in the past 2-3 days that caused them to reverse their decision.

Not complaining...just don't quite get it... There's nothing about my credit on Nov 26 that isn't almost exactly as it was on Nov 6.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
OK, this is strange.

I applied for the card back on Nov 6 or whenever it was. So did my wife - she was approved instantly. I wasn't - I assumed I had been rejected.

I've been meaning to call Chase to close an account or do whatever else they wanted me to do to get the card. I was planning on calling them today.

This morning, I got an email from BA with my new account information. So I called the Chase 800 number and found that I now have a new BA Visa with a very low credit limit (under $10k).

From reading this board, I assume my card will still get the 50k/50k bonuses. I just plan on spending $2k or so in normal charges, so the low limit is not an issue. But it's a bit confusing...I was actually out of the country for the past two weeks, not really using any Chase credit cards much at all, yet something happened in the past 2-3 days that caused them to reverse their decision.

Not complaining...just don't quite get it... There's nothing about my credit on Nov 26 that isn't almost exactly as it was on Nov 6.
You only assume you are rejected, but you have never received a decline letter or the status line said you were declined?

BIG Difference between the 2.

If you never receive a decline message, it may just be your application was stuck in a "Security Review / Verification" que. Mine is currently in that stage since 11/19 application date, while my husband's card applied on the same date, showed up online in 4 days! And I even used Chase log-in, but his was done as new customer. I wanted to use different method for each app just in case one method backfired and in this case, the Chase log-in method backfired.

Three 888 number reps said they cannot touch my app because there is NOTHING they can do - app is not in declined status, app is not in que for re-allocation CL, app is simply in que for Security Review / Verification. The last 2 reps did say they did not see any factor that would affect approval other than the process of security verification.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:16 pm

From my experience with both my application and Hubby's, I would say don't use the chase log in on application. They needed to verify our SS number and utility bill for identity. I was able to get it done on the phone during the day, by being transferred to fraud department, and asked alot of questions to verify identity. But hubby, who called in evening, needs to wait until letter comes in mail and then mail back all the info. I was approved 2 days after they verified identity for 22,500. I have been doing the AA citi churning for 2 cards every 60 days and had 9 hard pulls from Jan. Happy I was approved!!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by pinniped
OK, this is strange.

<snip>
So, she's the one! I don't remember anyone else (that posted here) getting an instant approval. Thanks for not posting that earlier in the thread, it may have triggered a riot.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lyst
From my experience with both my application and Hubby's, I would say don't use the chase log in on application. They needed to verify our SS number and utility bill for identity. I was able to get it done on the phone during the day, by being transferred to fraud department, and asked alot of questions to verify identity. But hubby, who called in evening, needs to wait until letter comes in mail and then mail back all the info. I was approved 2 days after they verified identity for 22,500. I have been doing the AA citi churning for 2 cards every 60 days and had 9 hard pulls from Jan. Happy I was approved!!

Definitely should not use Chase log-in. Both hubby and I have a Freedom with similar CL. His went in as new customer and was approved in 2 days with 23,900 CL. Mine using Chase log in on a Thursday afternoon. I waited till Monday to call and the 888 rep said she could NOT touch it. Should have called the same day of app like you have done...

OTOH, if the 93 days clock starts from date of approval - it may be a blessing in disguise - so now we have more time to meet 2 x $2000 spending requirement.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 27, 2009 at 7:36 pm
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by phantomtiger
What are the charges for buying $2000 worth of Chase GCs and is there an expiration period on the gift cards or devaluation of money $ off the cards each month if not used in full by a certain time limit? I'm also assuming these cards can be used for almost everyday uses.
Thanks
According to the Chase website and their gift card FAQ page:
1. There is an expiration date...the website says to look on the card to see what it is.
2. After the expiration date, you can pay $12 and redeem the remaining value of the card.
3. The cards can be used for everyday expenses anywhere a Visa debit card is acceptedd. It cannot be used for/in ATMs, gambling or cash withdrawals at banks. It is a debit card w/o a PIN.

The card costs $3.95 if you pick it up in a Chase branch, more if by mail.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
Did a quick search and did not see anything...are most people applying online or is there some 800 number you're calling to get instantly approved?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Another data point. I applied for the card on 11/17. I only have one other Chase card currently open.

Today (11/27), I received my card ($22.5K CL). I was delighted to get the card in such a short timeframe!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by gya007
Hi all,

Billing statement was generated y-day. 50K miles showing up already on executiveclub.com. Way to go Chase & BA.

Will mostly buy Chase GCs for the remaining 2000$ to get the other 50K...

Thanks all!

-G
how long did it take to get 50k miles????
when did u first use the card?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:04 pm

Another data point here also, applied on 11/6, but only saw the card appear in my online account yesterday, bout 3 weeks after I applied. No card yet.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Applied on 11/15 for the Mrs. and myself. Never got an approved message (email or snail mail) from Chase. Got the BA Exec club Welcome Email on 11/18 and Pin Email on 11/19 for both myself and the Mrs. MY card arrived today (11/27) with a 19.5K limit (I also have another Chase CC with a 20K Limit). Wife's card did not show up, yet.

Made my first purchase (Gas) about an hour after I called to activate it.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by primusux
Did a quick search and did not see anything...are most people applying online or is there some 800 number you're calling to get instantly approved?

Thanks
OP has a link to the application page.

primusux...cool name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.