Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
More data:
I applied on the 3rd. I already had two cards with Chase, one card pull (Delta Amex) in the last 6 months, plus I purchased a car in June. I got approved for $12K. The order is interesting:

Welcome to Executive club email 9-Nov
Card arrives 18-Nov
Card appeared on chase.com that day (I didn't check earlier)
First purchase on 19-Nov
Welcome email on 20-Nov

I do not have miles posted to my BA account, as of yesterday.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:21 am

Here goes the next 100 posts about "I got my 50k first purchase bonus" and "I still dont have mine after I made the purchase 5 mins ago"...

It will post with your first statement. Check back then.

P.S. Why does everyone feel a need to tell their credit limit? I surely dont want to know. And most likely, you did not get the card to have a certain credit limit.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
A social security number has nothing to do with being a US citizen, you just need to be allowed to work in the US (and sometimes not even that) in order to get one.

This non-US citizen has applied and is still waiting for an answer, but if I miss out I'm sure it won't be because I'm not a citizen, but instead due to a short (2 year) credit history - even if my credit score is quite high.
docbert is correct. Another non-USC here. I am a legal permanent resident with a credit history here. SSN has nothing to do with citizenship, but with employment in the US and of course, to file taxes and ID yourself to the federal govt.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:36 pm

Just called the 800 number. Both of us have been approved. What is strange is my credit limit is higher than my husband's. I am a housewife with a much shorter credit history than him. In fact, I got my FICO score piggy backing off his after we got married.

The only thing I can think of is he has a Chase card that was issued to him for work. It's in his name, but only for business - he works for the fed govt. I was worried he would be declined b/c of already having a Chase card.

His is $13,900, mine $17,800. Where do they get these numbers? Any idea?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 2:53 pm

declined :(

due to too many inquiries in past year (7). I asked for a re-evalution of the application but no luck. Guess I need to cool off on the applications and play the waiting game for a while. Hopefully there will be another offer like this when It's safe to enter the waters again.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
This non-US citizen has applied and is still waiting for an answer, but if I miss out I'm sure it won't be because I'm not a citizen, but instead due to a short (2 year) credit history - even if my credit score is quite high.
And as definitive proof that you don't need to be a US Citizen, the phone number is now telling me that I've been approved.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:35 pm

A noob asks:

I've had no great luck searching the thread; I'd appreciate your advice.

Would paying rent (i.e., via PayPal) count as a qualifying purchase on my BA Sig card? (I'm willing to eat the 2.9% PayPal fee.)

Just trying to bump miles with my regular purchases. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wuhsadneh
I've had no great luck searching the thread; I'd appreciate your advice.

Would paying rent (i.e., via PayPal) count as a qualifying purchase on my BA Sig card? (I'm willing to eat the 2.9% PayPal fee.)

Just trying to bump miles with my regular purchases. Thanks in advance.
I don't see why not. It's a payment for a good - you get a place to live for the month. It isn't a money transfer, and I'm not even sure that a money transfer wouldn't work. But in any event, it's close to staying in a hotel. And that would definitely count.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't see why not. It's a payment for a good - you get a place to live for the month. It isn't a money transfer, and I'm not even sure that a money transfer wouldn't work. But in any event, it's close to staying in a hotel. And that would definitely count.
Thanks again--I appreciate it.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by josephstern
I thought ALL Paypal transactions were "transfers". You're transferring your $$ to your landlord. It all depends on how it's coded I suppose.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:29 pm

Our insurance is due in the new year. I'm going to check at USAA and see if we can put our insurance on the c/c and then pay it off. That will go to a large portion of the 2K. Although, I'm hoping to take advantage of coins from the mint, I'm not sure USAA takes them. Has anyone had experience sending the mint prez coins to USAA?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Got cards today

Applied around Nov 14th. Got two cards (two separate accounts for me and the wife) today in the mail.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:07 am

I received the card about a week ago, but as I have never had a chase card before, hence I am not sure whether it is normal.

I made some purchases and logged onto chase, under "reward details", there was the description on 1.25 miles for every $1 I spend, the complimentary companion ticket etc, but there was no mention of the 100,000 air miles, is it normal?

thanks
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by travelnj11
I received the card about a week ago, but as I have never had a chase card before, hence I am not sure whether it is normal.

I made some purchases and logged onto chase, under "reward details", there was the description on 1.25 miles for every $1 I spend, the complimentary companion ticket etc, but there was no mention of the 100,000 air miles, is it normal?

thanks
Yes that is normal.

Those are card features, the bonus offer is a separate item (not listed on your online account).
Did you make a copy of the offer page and the terms and conditions of the offer that stated you would get the bonus miles?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:17 am
nsr

Originally Posted by travelnj11

thanks
It's normal. You should get an email soon with your offer stating the 2x50k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.