Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
And if it does NOT happen that way, you would then call Chase and tell them "But I read it on FT that Platinum cards also receive same bonuses...", so then Chase would give it to you, right?

My post is to tell you, based on Chase historical practice, Plat cards receive same bonuses as Signature card, versus BofA is a different story.

However, it is still NOT a 100% sure thing until AFTER the fact, though most everyone who cares to read the Ts & Cs himself, comes up with the same conclusion without constantly asking for "confirmation".

Only Chase would give you the final and definite answer AFTER the fact. Everything else is an educated guess, reasonable interpretation, or being told so by CSRs at activation.

By now you should have known that the information coming from CSRs of a credit card issuer is often not very reliable.

But if that "confirmation" makes you feel better, by all means, put your faith on it and stop worrying.

I have called chase several times to confirm that the Platinum card receives the same 50k/50k bonus as the signature card.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:57 pm

as philemer says, seating is limited. I have been on the Executive club search engine and tickets SEA/JFK are available.25k round trip. Make sure you select the "include partners" option and be flexible with your travel dates. I also found the help desk extremely helpful

Originally Posted by philemer
You might try posting this on the BA Forum. I'm guessing that AA only gives BA a limited amount of it's award inventory.
Originally Posted by brklynguy
I am trying to book a flight from Seattle to NYC for 4 people, at the end of July, with BA miles, and I am not having success even though I know that there is saver award availability on AA.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rendezvous
I have called chase several times to confirm that the Platinum card receives the same 50k/50k bonus as the signature card.
As I mentioned twice, Chase historically gives the Plat card same bonus as the Signature card, on its other offering of affinity cards that gives Plat version if applicants dont qualify Signature version.

Therefore, it is a reasonable conclusion that Plat card would receive the same bonus, from historical experiences, interpretation of Ts and Cs, and CSR information.

Still, nothing is guarantee until it is AFTER the Fact.

Newbies need to realize that the card game is at best an educated guess, never a guarantee, even when everything matches to a T.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA, United
my first post...

i applied with my husband on sunday 11/22,
called the #800 everyday since, and
we both got approved today!!!

i actually read all 70 pages of this post since sunday
very helpful for a n00b
thanks
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
it would be the same number, different names.
Mr. Bean is right. I confirm same.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by broog
I tried to search, but this thread is way too long. Does anyone know the cut off date to apply for this card? Thanks
Originally Posted by yuel
supposedly Nov 30!
For those of us who remain skeptical, maybe you could direct us to the webpage with the cut off date as I was unable to find it on the BA website or the application link. It does say "limited time offer" but that's a bit nebulous.

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
Okay, I've seen several people mentioned that the offer will be dead after Nov. 30th because of something in the T&Cs. However, gleff posted a comment over on One Mile at a Time saying the PR folks are planning to promote this for at least 90 days, starting from Nov. 6.

So folks who can't take advantage of this just yet due to too many pulls/applications might be in luck after all if they need more time.
I hope that's the case as I'm currently applying for a mortgage and can't do anything to jeopardize my credit score
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by metallim
hey, i didn't read through all posts so feel free to point me to it if it's already been discussed... i recently applied and received the chase continental world mc, will I still be able to apply for the BA card? on ingy's blog he said a reader was told that chase is only accepting applications once every six months... any success with this out there?
Wow. Rick has said it. It's been discussed 10 or 20 times on this thread.

And you say you haven't bothered to read to find out? No one has a crystal ball, but this thread and Rick's blog tell other people's experiences. If you don't care, just throw an application in for yourself and see what happens.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
For those of us who remain skeptical, maybe you could direct us to the webpage with the cut off date as I was unable to find it on the BA website or the application link.
November 30th is stated in the email offer I received for this card.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by philemer
You might try posting this on the BA Forum. I'm guessing that AA only gives BA a limited amount of it's award inventory.
There is no evidence of blocking award seats in Oneworld except TATL which is published.

If one cannot find availability online, it's time to call. The BA engine is far from perfect (but better than any US carrier except perhaps CO).
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by chewy3
There is no evidence of blocking award seats in Oneworld except TATL which is published.

If one cannot find availability online, it's time to call. The BA engine is far from perfect (but better than any US carrier except perhaps CO).
Is partner inventory same as the own airline's inventory?
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
For those of us who remain skeptical, maybe you could direct us to the webpage with the cut off date as I was unable to find it on the BA website or the application link. It does say "limited time offer" but that's a bit nebulous.
It is in the original Targeted email sent to BAEC members.

If it is still valid after Nov 30, you would be able to see the link still active.

There is nothing you can do or worry about anyway about when the offer expires. Either you do it before Nov 30 eventhough you worry about your upcoming mortgage app, or you wait till your mortgage app is done with.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by FLYINBELLS
Has anyone gotten the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" email and NOT gotten approved for the card yet?

I and Mrs. Flyinbells applied Nov. 7, credit inquiry pulled yesterday, Exec. club email today, but I called the 800 number and it's still stating notification by mail for decision.

This is the one time I'd REALLY like to get a miles rewards card.
I am wondering the same thing, I got the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" today but the 800 number told my application is still pending.

Update: I received the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" last night and their system was still showing up as pending. I called this morning and found out I was approved!

From reading other posts and my own experience it sounds like if you get the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" you have been accepted.

Last edited by ClimbGuy; Nov 27, 2009 at 7:56 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
I had my banker fax a reconsideration form on Tuesday. When I called the number today, the satus changed back to the 14 days message.

Hopefully, that means it was approved!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Thumbs up Got 1st 50k

Hi all,

Billing statement was generated y-day. 50K miles showing up already on executiveclub.com. Way to go Chase & BA.

Will mostly buy Chase GCs for the remaining 2000$ to get the other 50K...

Thanks all!

-G
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:20 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gya007
Billing statement was generated y-day. 50K miles showing up already on executiveclub.com. Way to go Chase & BA.
Is this your first BA Visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.