Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:37 pm

I just called in after applying on-line on 11/19, put me on hold and came back with $5k approval for me, card and official notice to come.

This was my 7th hard pull since June, but also my 7th in over 12 months, and I have no Chase cards at all in last 12 months. Never had a British Airways card before.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL (Silver), UA, BA
Aer Lingus?

My wife has a friend she'd like to visit in Cork. We're a 4.5 hour drive from ORD, I've been unable to figure out if BA would let us redeem on Aer Lingus for ORD - DUB - ORK or not. I think it's all on Aer Lingus metal, which means you can do it for 50K miles, correct? Anyone know if AL has "reasonable" taxes and fees if BA lets you do it?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband received his credit card. I did not. My problems:
  • 2 Chase cards opened in last 6 months. Their policy is to only allow one. This would be the third.
  • Too many pulls on my credit card score by Chase and Citicard.

I need to have them close one of my new credit cards by the date of the original application. They claim both are active, though I think only one is. I worked today to charge the final amount I needed for the final bonus for one card. Once the charges have posted, I will select a new billing date online so that I can pay it off. Then I will call and have them cancel. They must be the ones to do it in order for me to open a new card.

I have an impeccable credit rating, so this has nothing to do with that. It's simply a matter of too many new cards.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:13 pm

this is a pretty incredible deal....they need something like this in canada!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
This brings up something I've been wondering about. If you don't fly any segments on BA how many partners can you use (not a One World itin.)? I though it was only one or two. Can I fly BOI-SEA on AS/QX and SEA-KOA on AA? Basically BOI-KOA-BOI on two diff. airlines. Possible for 35K?
Why wouldn't you just fly AS the full route? BOI-KOA RT?

This would just take 1 partner (not BA). I'm planning to use ours for GEG - OGG RT
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AF plat. SPG Gold
I just received the Chase BA card

Hey together,

My parents filled out the online form for the new BA chase card and it arrived today.
When will the bonus miles be posted?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:32 pm

Im pretty sure there might already be a thread on the BA card...
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pjpoker
Im pretty sure there might already be a thread on the BA card...
Currently with 965 posts!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:48 pm

My card arrived today; Ive already made the first purchase. Hubs card is on the way. My daughter has called twice but they will not give her a card. They said not enough credit history. SUCH a bummer!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Are BA miles transferable into any hotel program?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I applied on the 10th. Today received a welcoming E-mail from BA with the new Executive membership number. Called both Chase numbers: first 800, then 888. At 800 they said the aproval was still pending, at 888 they said the aproval had been recommended (???) but the final determination would have been made within 30 days from the application date. Sounds kind of weird to me. Has anyone else received the BA number without being approved for the card first?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband received his credit card. I did not. My problems:
  • 2 Chase cards opened in last 6 months. Their policy is to only allow one. This would be the third.
  • Too many pulls on my credit card score by Chase and Citicard.

I need to have them close one of my new credit cards by the date of the original application. They claim both are active, though I think only one is. I worked today to charge the final amount I needed for the final bonus for one card. Once the charges have posted, I will select a new billing date online so that I can pay it off. Then I will call and have them cancel. They must be the ones to do it in order for me to open a new card.

I have an impeccable credit rating, so this has nothing to do with that. It's simply a matter of too many new cards.
You mean they can "retroactively" close a card? Isn't the date of original application has long passed?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
I applied Saturday and recieved a welcome message with account no for BA today. I plan to call Chase tomorrow to check status.I hope this is good news but who knows.rbc100
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Is this promotion still scheduled to close at the end of the month?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:27 am

I applied for myself and husband on Saturday and we both got welcome messages to BA. I presume our cards have been approved, although we have not receivd notification of that yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.