Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Happy

Do your homework a little harder before jumping to the conclusion too quickly.
Do your homework a little harder?

I'll work that soon.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Aitchly
Check the numbers on TATL on airlines -other than AA-, for instance you could make a quick trip to Amman on RJ in economy without paying BA taxes.
You're right. It seems to go to most of Europe would have to be on BA with the surcharges, but one could go TATL to other places.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by christianj
Now just sit tight and WAIT for the card. It seems to be taking forever for me. I applied on 11/5, got approval message one week later on 11/12 and one week later still no card in the mail.....
Same here. Applied on 11/5, approval 11/12, card is added to online profile, still no card in hand.

Is this any way to treat a new (er..old) customer? (he says jokingly, hoping to avoid the flame thrower)

Update: Spoke too soon, card came today.

Last edited by RedSox; Nov 19, 2009 at 4:00 pm Reason: Update
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by V60t
Applied Yesterday - called 888-609-7805 today to check status. Approved; located in MA.
Wow, very fast! Congratulations!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Got card yesterday. Called to activate. Asked agent if the annual fee applies in the first year. She said yes.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:01 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
you would be surprised to find out, that without OW Sapphire or Emerald status, even flying in award C or F, you would not be able to pre-select seat either. Of course, if you fly in Paid C or Paid F, you certainly can pre-select seat at time of booking.
This is not a fair or accurate summary of BA's (admittedly unusual, complex and controversial) seating policy.

Fuller information here on FT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12435594-post335.html

and at BA's travel agent site:

http://speedbirdclub.com/reservation...ng/newseatpol/
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:08 am

Got my card 3 days ago...made first purchase 3 days ago...
Will post when the initial 50,000 miles post.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
thanks for the response. . the "Stopover" info helps me understand it a bit better. .i was worried with all this talk of not allowing two (metals) or whatever or talk with changing plans. . i was hoping i'd be safe since all with AS but it's nice to be reassured. Thanks again.
You have to use AS all the way of your trip anyway.

Stopover and change plane does not mean you change carrier.

The 2 or more partners option does not even include AS because AS is NOT OneWorld member (BA partner, but NOT OW member - same relationship as AS has with AA).
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
I posted 9 pages ago and didn't see or missed the answers to my questions.
It's a crowded thread. Answers and partial answers to the questions you posted, including the one you have now posted three times, can be found in posts 653, 657, 659. It is also worth reviewing the Ultimate BA Guide here at FT, referenced more than once above, as well as BA's own web pages about household accounts and the "redeem for 1, travel for 2" offer.

Last edited by IMH; Nov 19, 2009 at 9:46 am
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know we could not pre-select seats w/o OW Sapphire when we flew BA business class on award tickets. (we are lowly Ruby. )

My statement is more towards the poster who claims BA has "shoddy treatment" towards non-status Y passengers. In reality, BA has the same "shoddy treatment" towards award travels in business class w/o OW status.

The new policy if I understand it correctly, does not change that part, but now added the fee-based policy to allow you pay for the privilege to select seat at booking.

Originally Posted by IMH
This is not a fair or accurate summary of BA's (admittedly unusual, complex and controversial) seating policy.

Fuller information here on FT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12435594-post335.html

and at BA's travel agent site:

http://speedbirdclub.com/reservation...ng/newseatpol/
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Do your homework a little harder?

I'll work that soon.
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
You're right. It seems to go to most of Europe would have to be on BA with the surcharges, but one could go TATL to other places.
If the merger of BA and IB does not change IB to be under the same rules as BA, then IB can get you to Europe and from MAD or BCN you can continue onward.

This would be the most obvious option.

RJ and AY can work as well, with some connections.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:19 am

Help

Please forgive my ignorance on this but I have looked and can’t find it… How/where do I apply for this card? I tried the Chase site and the BA site can anyone post a link or a telephone number I need to call.

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Trimada
Please forgive my ignorance on this but I have looked and can’t find it… How/where do I apply for this card? I tried the Chase site and the BA site can anyone post a link or a telephone number I need to call.

Thanks
Welcome to FT! I don't mean to be rude to a newbie but I have to say this because I am about to burst.....did you read the original (first) post in this thread at all? Or where did you look? The link to the offer is in that post and has been posted several times in this thread since then since people don't seem to want to read but here it goes AGAIN! Sorry but I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin

Last edited by christianj; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: DL, US
Spouse and I applied 11/9, approved, 11/12, and both received cards 11/18. I have activated my card and the agent made no mention of the promotional miles or annual fee.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:11 pm

"I don't mean to be rude to a newbie but I have to say this because I am about to burst.....[B]did you read the original (first) post in this thread at all?"

Hey as far as I am concerned all is fair game for me being stupid… But I swear I tried that link and it didn’t work… but I now see it was updated… Missed that.. and after going through 20+ pages I gave up.
Thanks for the info though…. Will see if it gets approved….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.