Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:55 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Approved with $7,600 credit limit. Will be easy to spend $2K for the 100K miles.

Card coming soon in the mail.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by heta
I am hoping to get PDX-LAX-NRT-LAX-PDX on AA for 50000 BA miles. Is this not possible according to what you heard??
Apparently, as noted in a previous post, it's possible but you will need to call to book this itinerary. Everytime I try to find an award flight from PDX to anywere, even a simple gateway like SFO, I just get a message saying that "BA or any of its partners don not fly this route", which is not true as their partners do fly this route. I'm just wondering why they don't come up and why you need to call to get such a simple route.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by brasov02
Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post
Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways.

Yeah, I'm not interested in any of the BA metal fuel charges, 2 for 1 or not. Only partner domestic, Asia or South America. But again, I've been told you can't use miles to get to a gateway. And I can't get anything from PDX to come up on their award booking even though obviously their partners fly out of there. Is there a trick to get partner flights to show up on the award booking or is this something you just have to call for?
AS does not show up on the BA engine online. You have to call to find availability.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:08 pm

Called to activate my new card and automatically got my first year feee waived w/o asking. Cool !
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
My wife received her card today. $13500 credit limit.

Buenos Aires here we come!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:52 pm

Received welcome from BA

I applied November 5 and have heard the two week tape for two weeks (almost). I called the 888 number and they said the concern was my other cards. They suggested cancelling one and the problem would be taken care of...Today I received an e-mail welcoming to BA Exec. I presume I will see a card shortly since the original info was that one would be enrolled if accepted...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by brasov02
Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways. Doesn't make sense to me but that's the vibe I'm getting around here, along with the fact that nothing comes up on their award booking from out of PDX.

From what I can tell, as far as BA via PDX is concerned, you not only can't get "there" from here, you can't get "anywhere." So will someone do me a favor and put me out of my misery and back me up on this conclusion so I can just move on and concentrate on AA?
My reading on the situation is quite a bit more upbeat.

-AA+BA awards (TATL) price out the same as BA only awards, and I did find a few online without much effort
-I can only assume that AS flights are also subject to the same policy, but can't say for sure because I don't feel like picking up the phone

What's more, AA and AS only itineraries are certainly permissible as well (and, I think you can combine these using code shares).

Problems ONLY arise when you want to use 2 non-BA carriers on the same award,... which is where we PDX people get the shaft because it is difficult for us to get to Asia without triggering the distance based award chard, which isn't nearly as kind as AA's.

Then, there's the added problem of AS's award inventory being extremely tight of late (i.e. PDX-SFO is an astoundingly difficult redemption).

All that having been said, YVR isn't so far away and there are a variety of cheap ways to get there (bad news here: looong layover on the return if you fly back on JL and connect to Horizon; CX is better).

A strategy I'm contemplating is to use BA miles for one direction and AA miles for the other (twice or more, assuming I can get other family members as well). This buys quite a bit of flexibility because many of us often travel through SFO and LAX during the course of our normal lives.

In closing, I'm still happy to have these miles headed my way and don't anticipate having much trouble putting them to good use (my back is also thankful that it won't be spending much time in DL Y to NRT next year, which is really a dreadful product in case you haven't had a chance to try out the 763 yet).
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by bsb21
sorry guys, but i cant find the phone number that connects to an actual human.

Could someone repost, please?

Its getting hard to keep track as this is now a 50 page thread.

Many thanks!
1-888-245-0625
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:09 pm

Annual Fee Waived?

Agreed, this thread is getting unwieldy. Mods, perhaps we can have a separate "how to redeem 100K BA miles" thread?

Keeping us on topic of the card:
-No chase history.
-denied "multiple applications for credit" (I have several cards, and a recent Citi pull)
-called, discussed my excellent credit history and (real) desire to move to chase.
-approved.

There seem to be several reports of the annual fee being waived upon calling. Has anyone confirmed that they WILL be charged the annual fee?? Or does it seem to be waived for everyone so far?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Still waiting for my card to arrive after getting the "you are approved" recording and the card showing up on my online Chase account. Since we are now hearing back from some people about actually getting the Platinum card vs. the Signature card one must post the following question:

What exactly will the difference be between the two if the annual fee remains at $75 and the bonus points are earned? If nothing....why not give everyone the Signature card anyway?
Chase makes it hard to figure out on its website but the main difference between the Signature and Platinum cards should be that the Signature card has no pre-set spending limitation, whereas the Platinum card is restricted to the applicable credit line. The Signature card would still have a revolving limitation set at the assigned credit line.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I ask about the fee being waived and the csr told me no, so i will have to try again, and hope not to get a new csr
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Just called and it was declined, because income could not be verified from credit report.

I remember that a couple of other people also mentioned this.

What the heck does it mean and how do you go about proving to Chase that you household income is indeed what you listed.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by bsb21
Just called and it was declined, because income could not be verified from credit report.

I remember that a couple of other people also mentioned this.

What the heck does it mean and how do you go about proving to Chase that you household income is indeed what you listed.
No such thing. I look at 20-40 credit reports a day and I can tell you income is not in them. 80% of the time they don't even list your employer. How would the credit agencies know how much you make. You were denied probably due to DTI. You didn't state enough income to support all your reported debts.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Both my wife and I applied on Nov. 6th and received our cards today. The envelopes had a Westerville, OH return address.

Any idea as to when the 3-month period begins for spending the $2,000. Is your statement date tied to your activation date. Just curious.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by nwa330
No such thing. I look at 20-40 credit reports a day and I can tell you income is not in them. 80% of the time they don't even list your employer. How would the credit agencies know how much you make. You were denied probably due to DTI. You didn't state enough income to support all your reported debts.
Here is the scoop:

-Fico 724
-College Student
-Chase CC holder for 2 years, always pay in full, never late
-Chase doubled my limit over the course of the 2 years, without my request
-Household income 85K, Chase customers for many years

My banker back home was encouraging me to apply for a 2nd card several months ago and told me that he would personally request a reconsideration if I was denied (I didnt apply because there was no signup bonus ) I will ask him to send a letter when I fly home next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.