Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:36 pm

Just wanted to jump on here and say thanks for the deal. Also, some additional data points for anyone keeping track...applied 11/11, approved 11/15.

I'm also curious to hear from others about the free companion trip for spending $30K w/in calendar year...what's the best way to spend the $30K before 12/31 this year, and repeat at the beginning of the year. Two free companion trips + 175,000 miles (depending on how you spend the money). Mint, Savings deposit w/CC?

Thanks again for all the great info in the thread!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I've an existing BA Chase account, so not even trying.

Had the wife apply and she did so on the 9th or 10th. The phone message still says will be notified in 7 to 10 business days. Yesterday received a letter requesting photocopy of her SS# card and proof of residence, such as utility bill, driver's license or vehicle registration. So she sent in SS# and vehicle registration today (can't use utility bill, her name isn't on them). We'll see what happens. Would really like to burn the miles in F on the non-stop from PHX at least one way - the non-stop is worth the YQ to me. Will return one-way in AA F with my AA miles.
I dont think that matters as long as the card hasnt been opened within the past 6 months !

If they ask for these documents it's usually part the the end of the approval process, though most here got declined after the 7-10 day message.

Good luck !
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Applied for the card got denied, i have two chase cards with 10k limits on them and have spent $75,000 with chase this year

So i called the rejection hotline with them, lady was nice, said i could lower my limits on the two to get approved for the BA card. I said i would call 1 week later since both of them were maxed out.

So after making two payments on both of them today, i called the rejection hotline and the rude rep said she would not open the BA account after i told her i called last week. NO LUCK!!!!

I just dont give up that easy , i hung up the phone called 30 second later, the rep said the same thing, even mentioned i called 2 mins ago and i asked to talk to a manager

Account Manager took care of everything, Sometimes it helps to hang up the phone talk to someone else or talk to a manager ^

If that didnt work I was about to CANCEL MY CARDS
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hertz4me

If that didnt work I was about to CANCEL MY CARDS
This is really not a threat these days - they'll gladly cancel them for you.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:03 pm

My application got denied but for a very strange reason - "Unsatisfactory experience on your Chase checking account". Has anybody else ever seen this as a reason for denial before. I have excellent credit history though I was trying to close a checking account by withdrawing all money through ACH first and never realized there is a $3 charge for external transfers. Hence account became negative and had to go into the branch to get it waived first and then close it. This happened about 2 months ago.

I am planning on calling the number listed and talking to them but wanted to first see anybody had a similar experience before.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
I think it's been stated in a manner, but since I'm sort of dense sometimes (o.k., fine, "often") I just want to make sure. I've come to the conclusion, after reading this thread and others concerning BA, that this card, or specifically, BA miles, are not worth it for someone whose home base is not near a BA gateway because you'll have to make your own way to that gateway, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of getting an award flight. Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways. Doesn't make sense to me but that's the vibe I'm getting around here, along with the fact that nothing comes up on their award booking from out of PDX.
From what I can tell, as far as BA via PDX is concerned, you not only can't get "there" from here, you can't get "anywhere." So will someone do me a favor and put me out of my misery and back me up on this conclusion so I can just move on and concentrate on AA?

Last edited by brasov02; Nov 17, 2009 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Applied 11/9--still says "2 weeks". I was quite stupid and only put my income down, not the household income. Normally not a problem, but now that we have a house (and Chase did ask the mortgage amount), it is a little bit more important now. I opened a Chase Checking account a few months ago for CO miles and I was instantly approved for a card then--which I declined. So I don't see why I would not be approved. Worst case they lower the amounts on my CO MasterCard (applied years ago). Hopefully my stupid income thing won't slow things down any more than it already has! I'm determined to get these miles! Should I talk to someone at Chase or just wait a little longer?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:15 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brasov02
Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways.
Not true. What is true, and might be enough to put some people off, is that the "two for one" award offer only applies to BA flights.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I think it's been stated in a manner, but since I'm sort of dense sometimes (o.k., fine, "often") I just want to make sure. I've come to the conclusion, after reading this thread and others concerning BA, that this card, or specifically, BA miles, are not worth it for someone whose home base is not near a BA gateway because you'll have to make your own way to that gateway, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of getting an award flight. Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways. Doesn't make sense to me but that's the vibe I'm getting around here, along with the fact that nothing comes up on their award booking from out of PDX.
From what I can tell, as far as BA via PDX is concerned, you not only can't get "there" from here, you can't get "anywhere." So will someone so me a favor and put me out of my misery and back me up on this conclusion so I can just move on and concentrate on AA?
Why can't you fly QX or AS (listed on the BA site under "other airline partners") to SEA and then BA to Europe, or where ever else BA will take you? I'm planning on doing BOI-SEA-LHR-SEA-BOI next year for 50K miles. Am I missing something?
Just have to call BA, can't do it online.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Sorry guys, but I cant find the phone number that connects to an actual human.

Could someone repost, please?

Its getting hard to keep track as this is now a 50 page thread.

Many thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:28 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Why can't you fly QX or AS (listed on the BA site under "other airline partners") to SEA [...] ?
Or AS to YVR or AA to ORD... I'm sure there are several more options.

Originally Posted by azepine00
This is really not a threat these days - they'll gladly cancel them for you.

In the current environment the bank is more concerned about how much you can pay off than how much you can charge.

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post
Apparently there is no way to use BA miles to get from PDX to a BA gateway, or anywhere else for that matter, even though several of their partner airlines fly out of PDX to their gateways.

Originally Posted by IMH
Not true. What is true, and might be enough to put some people off, is that the "two for one" award offer only applies to BA flights.
Yeah, I'm not interested in any of the BA metal fuel charges, 2 for 1 or not. Only partner domestic, Asia or South America. But again, I've been told you can't use miles to get to a gateway. And I can't get anything from PDX to come up on their award booking even though obviously their partners fly out of there. Is there a trick to get partner flights to show up on the award booking or is this something you just have to call for?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Why can't you fly QX or AS (listed on the BA site under "other airline partners") to SEA and then BA to Europe, or where ever else BA will take you? I'm planning on doing BOI-SEA-LHR-SEA-BOI next year for 50K miles. Am I missing something?
Just have to call BA, can't do it online.
So you can't come up with these itineraries via their site but have to call? That would explain it then. If that's all there is to it then I'm definitely in. But calling seems like it would be quite an ordeal trying to sift through availability through a reservation person compared to playing with all the options via the website. Or can/should you check for available award seats on those partner sites first and then make a call to BA to try and grab those? Getting waaaaay too sophisticated for my current FT level.
(So you're willing to shell out the exorbitant fuel surcharges for that LHR trip eh?)
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post

Yeah, I'm not interested in any of the BA metal fuel charges, 2 for 1 or not. Only partner domestic, Asia or South America. But again, I've been told you can't use miles to get to a gateway. And I can't get anything from PDX to come up on their award booking even though obviously their partners fly out of there. Is there a trick to get partner flights to show up on the award booking or is this something you just have to call for?
I am hoping to get PDX-LAX-NRT-LAX-PDX on AA for 50000 BA miles. Is this not possible according to what you heard??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.