Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Just logged into Chase, and see my new BA card is there. ^

Am expecting a battle to get the points,
as I have had the card before,
but we'll see......
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by rendezvous
It's the approval date (I called chase today to confirm)
Take what they tell you with a grain of salt. I called three times asking when my BT promo ended and received three different answers. To be on the safe side you should figure the clock starts when you applied.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Has anyone gotten a denial from the 800-945-2006 number, or does it just keep saying "pending" until you get your ding letter in the mail?

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by mikeef
Has anyone gotten a denial from the 800-945-2006 number, or does it just keep saying "pending" until you get your ding letter in the mail?

Mike
Mine still says that its being reviewed, when an agent last night told me that they had denied it.

Anyways, I am not moving back to revenue economy without a fight!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by bsb21
Mine still says that its being reviewed, when an agent last night told me that they had denied it.

Anyways, I am not moving back to revenue economy without a fight!
sorry to hear that - mind sharing the reason they gave?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bsb21
Go on BA.com and price an economy ticket, just as you would purchase one (not the award booking portal).

On the booking page you will see the taxes listed to the exact cent.
This is the only issue I have with this card... $390 taxes, fees, and fuel charges for DFW -> LHR -> DFW. I have bought a r/t ticket on AA for $345 after taxes before (2004/2005 - no miles!). Tickets are frequently offered around $500-600 (earning you 10k miles while you're at it too). If I use my AA miles for this flight, it's 40 or 60k miles and $45-50 in taxes as opposed to 50k and $390 in taxes with BA. Huge difference there...

So 1 BA credit card with $2k in purchases and roughly $800 in costs for 2 r/t tickets DFW-LHR with BA.

Or... 3 AA credit cards with $2250 in purchases and roughly $100 in costs for 2 r/t tickets DFW-LHR off peak (peak time would be 4 cards and $3k in purchases to get the required 120k miles).

Save $700 by applying for 2-3 additional cards.... What am I missing about this deal that makes it so sweet... ?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glocklt4
This is the only issue I have with this card... $390 taxes, fees, and fuel charges for DFW -> LHR -> DFW. I have bought a r/t ticket on AA for $345 after taxes before (2004/2005 - no miles!). Tickets are frequently offered around $500-600 (earning you 10k miles while you're at it too). If I use my AA miles for this flight, it's 40 or 60k miles and $45-50 in taxes as opposed to 50k and $390 in taxes with BA. Huge difference there...

So 1 BA credit card with $2k in purchases and roughly $800 in costs for 2 r/t tickets DFW-LHR with BA.

Or... 3 AA credit cards with $2250 in purchases and roughly $100 in costs for 2 r/t tickets DFW-LHR off peak (peak time would be 4 cards and $3k in purchases to get the required 120k miles).

Save $700 by applying for 2-3 additional cards.... What am I missing about this deal that makes it so sweet... ?
Partner flights.

Have been discussed Ad Nauseam on this thread but you obviously completely miss it.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Partner flights.
So the same $390 in taxes/fees does not apply when you book AA through the BA site with BA miles? Only applies to BA flights?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:46 am

Thanks for posting this information

Originally Posted by philemer

800-945-2006
then press #, then 1, then enter your SSN.
philemer:
Thanks for posting this information
. Mrs. USAFAN applied 11/11 ... today we called this number and she was approved. The new BA account also showed up at her Chase Website.
I applied 11/12 and NOT approved (yet). I may have some problems ... applied for another Chase credit card less the 6 month ago .... was told by a lady agent at the credit department, that the "computer" will automatically send a refusal letter (if and when somebody applies in less then 6 month).
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the same $390 in taxes/fees does not apply when you book AA through the BA site with BA miles? Only applies to BA flights?
It would help you much better to spend some time reading thru some recent pages of this thread, as well as going to BA website to check the award rules.

NO, you can NOT take AA TATL, taxes or no taxes. Must be BA metal OR other partners.

Yes, fuel surcharges only apply to BA metals.

There are 4 different award charts on BA miles - all of them are again discussed extensively on this thread.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:52 am

It would help you much better to spend some time reading thru some recent pages of this thread, as well as going to BA website to check the award rules.

NO, you can NOT take AA TATL, taxes or no taxes. Must be BA metal OR other partners.

Yes, fuel surcharges only apply to BA metals.

There are 4 different award charts on BA miles - all of them are again discussed extensively on this thread.
Ok, thanks.. I'll keep reading then. 50 pages is a lot.... I've been with this thread for a few days now and lots of info (some contradicting...). I finally looked up what the acronym TATL stands for and that makes much more sense regarding this thread, ha.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:02 am

Partner flights.

Have been discussed Ad Nauseam on this thread but you obviously completely miss it.

Love the edit after you originally put "Partner flights."... trying to add insult for not reading this entire thread before posting. For those just joining this thread reading backwards the info may come in handy now.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
sorry to hear that - mind sharing the reason they gave?
As I mentioned earlier, they told me that they could not verify my income based on my credit report. Several others have gotten this as well and it seems like a bogus reason.

Anyways, I will have my Chase banker ask for reconsideration, as he has offered to do so in the past.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, thanks.. I'll keep reading then. 50 pages is a lot.... I've been with this thread for a few days now and lots of info (some contradicting...). I finally looked up what the acronym TATL stands for and that makes much more sense regarding this thread, ha.
The Quickest and Easiest Way, IMO, is to go to BA website, pull up its award charts and it would immediately dawn on you, what types of redemption would be most beneficial for US-based flyers.

Such options naturally have been discussed many times on this thread with more illustrating examples.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:05 am

Most of us here dont plan on flying economy on BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.