Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by bsb21
Here is the scoop:

-Fico 724
-College Student
-Chase CC holder for 2 years, always pay in full, never late
-Chase doubled my limit over the course of the 2 years, without my request
-Household income 85K, Chase customers for many years

My banker back home was encouraging me to apply for a 2nd card several months ago and told me that he would personally request a reconsideration if I was denied (I didnt apply because there was no signup bonus ) I will ask him to send a letter when I fly home next week.
The key ingredient your missing is monthly debt.

You have 7083 monthly income. Whats your monthly debt. If it exceeds 40-50% (depending on chase's policy) you will be denied. Don't forget to add the projected payment of the new card your applying for. Your denial letter will tell you the reason. Mine said "Too many credit or loan accounts have been opened recently."
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by nwa330
The key ingredient your missing is monthly debt.

You have 7083 monthly income. Whats your monthly debt.
Monthly debt is no more than $350.

This gets payed off within a week of closing.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
I got rejected due to too many inquiries. FICO score > 750, HHI > $100k, DTI is about 18%. It's just as well as I still have about $10k I need to put on two different SPG amex cards to get the combined 30k bonus. I'll reapply for this one after I hit my spend targets on the SPG cards.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Monthly debt is no more than $350.

This gets payed off within a week of closing.
I'm done guessing just post your denial reason when you get the letter.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:36 pm

Does it matter if a Chase banker asks for reconsideration or if you just type the letter yourself?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by bpauker
I got rejected due to too many inquiries. FICO score > 750, HHI > $100k, DTI is about 18%. It's just as well as I still have about $10k I need to put on two different SPG amex cards to get the combined 30k bonus. I'll reapply for this one after I hit my spend targets on the SPG cards.
That's a poor excuses. Your underwriter was lazy. If your a Chase Checking client I would call them and have them reconsider your application. 18%, 750 is too solid to be denied. I would poor it on thick and tell them about all them money your going to bring over to there bank.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K , Delta Gold
the offer is dead ?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by tiddyzhang
the offer is dead ?
I dont think so. Use the link in the OP (aka post #1).
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:28 pm

Does it matter if a Chase banker asks for reconsideration or if you just type the letter yourself?
It better to have a banker go to bat for you. Never send a letter unless you are sending it to a high ranking VP. You should be calling the 800 number on the letter and plead your case.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
What's more, AA and AS only itineraries are certainly permissible as well (and, I think you can combine these using code shares).
Can anyone confirm this? The following rules that cover rewards when BA's partners are involved are on BA's website:

* One partner airline only (not British Airways)
* British Airways plus a partner airline
* Two or more oneworld...

AS is not a Oneworld partner, so the third option will not work. The actual experience may be difference. Anyone has done that?

Originally Posted by moondog
All that having been said, YVR isn't so far away and there are a variety of cheap ways to get there (bad news here: looong layover on the return if you fly back on JL and connect to Horizon; CX is better).
+1. I also notice JL has more availability from YVR rather than from SFO and LAX. I do not know why. Being from Seattle and considering it is a free ride (except for some taxes and charges), I shouldn't complain going to YVR.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nwa330
No such thing. I look at 20-40 credit reports a day and I can tell you income is not in them. 80% of the time they don't even list your employer. How would the credit agencies know how much you make. You were denied probably due to DTI. You didn't state enough income to support all your reported debts.
Interesting.... I remember seeing my income reported on a credit report. I do not remember which one, but that is the only one I have seen.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by awpeters
There seem to be several reports of the annual fee being waived upon calling. Has anyone confirmed that they WILL be charged the annual fee?? Or does it seem to be waived for everyone so far?
I believe agents are telling people it's waived because the fee isn't on the account when the cards are activated (whereas, normally they appear immediately). My agent told me it was waived, then a little later decided to double check and said that there was nothing in the computer indicating it would be waived so I should expect to see it at some point.

Basically, I think normal practice is for it to be charged immediately and no one really has any clue whether it will or won't be waived (even if the agents are saying so, I'm not sure they are basing that on anything except it not having been charged right away).
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Thumbs up Never give up!

I was denied the first 2 times (1 on the initial application and 1 phone denial), but I remained persistent and was finally approved for the card on the 3rd try. I first found out that I was denied by calling the 1-800 number, so I then called a lending rep and explained my situation to him. He sent my application in for reconsideration, but was denied again after a couple day. I called up once again and talked to a very friendly lady who sent in a 2nd reconsideration (she told me that reps say they aren't allowed to do this, but in actuality they really can) with an approval request for me. The next day I was approved for the platinum card! Don't give up, just keep calling until you find the right rep to give you the card.

I think I was having trouble because of my 6 hard inquiries in the last 4 months.

Last edited by rendezvous; Nov 17, 2009 at 11:15 pm
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Both my wife and I applied on Nov. 6th and received our cards today. The envelopes had a Westerville, OH return address.

Any idea as to when the 3-month period begins for spending the $2,000. Is your statement date tied to your activation date. Just curious.
Your application date most likely.

Upthread there is a post about the agent informed the poster the clock (of 93 days) started when the account is OPEN - which is obviously earlier than the activation date.

From previous Chase cards experiences, the statement date USUALLY tied to Application Date, but not 100%. For sure it has NOTHING to do with activation date.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Your application date most likely.

Upthread there is a post about the agent informed the poster the clock (of 93 days) started when the account is OPEN - which is obviously earlier than the activation date.

From previous Chase cards experiences, the statement date USUALLY tied to Application Date, but not 100%. For sure it has NOTHING to do with activation date.
It's the approval date (I called chase today to confirm)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.