Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by dinosims
So I got a letter today saying that the application was denied, and the reason it gave was "Income not supported by credit bureau data". It was my understanding that the credit report has no info about income, only info regarding your credit lines....so how could they possibly be able to give that as a reason?
They are basically saying your (stated) income (on the application) is insufficient to support the (actual) debt level (shown on your credit report)
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
They are basically saying your (stated) income (on the application) is insufficient to support the (actual) debt level (shown on your credit report)
Insufficient in terms of being able to have enough income to pay back everything listed on the credit report? Or insufficient in that they think that I lied when telling them my income?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
My brother and dad both got approved with very generous credit lines, but the message on the automated system now says that mine is under "review." I guess I should call that back door number? I have quite a bit of credit through Chase on other cards, so would be happy if they could reallocate some of it.
I applied yesterday and just moments ago called the number that immediately connects us to a real person, who said it was in for final processing, having the award account linked to my chase profile, and due to be mailed out tomorrow. For a data point I then called the automated number and HAL told me I would be getting a letter in two weeks. Man > machine (at least in this case). Also, the woman I spoke with was very prompt and helpful. Kind of threw me off a bit.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
12 days

12 days from app. date to received date.

Anyone know, for sure, if US MINT coin purchases are still showing up as a "Purchase" or is it now a "Cash Advance"? That thread is closed.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Mine finally arrived today. Got the Signature version and agent confirmed both 50k miles options. When I asked about the annual fee being waived he said there was no note in the file but the account had not been charged the fee. (which is normally done when the card goes out) Will keep my fingers crossed that I too don't have to pay the annual fee for the first year.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those of you that were denied and are giving up, do you currently have any Chase cards? Did you try seeing if they would reallocate credit from a different card?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what's everyone thinking as far as when to cancel these?

360 days in to avoid the second year annual fee?

Some shorter period after the miles post, just to get it off their credit file for the next good opportunity?

Keeping it long term because the 1.25 miles is better than many other cards?

I'll probably take the second option as I just intend to charge my $2K and go back to my Schwab 2% Visa.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:22 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I don't think it can be quite as simple as that. A family member who was given that reason has an (actual and stated) income of $120,000 and current card balances below $5,000 with other credit and no negative credit history items.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by josephstern
So what's everyone thinking as far as when to cancel these?

360 days in to avoid the second year annual fee?

Some shorter period after the miles post, just to get it off their credit file for the next good opportunity?

Keeping it long term because the 1.25 miles is better than many other cards?

I'll probably take the second option as I just intend to charge my $2K and go back to my Schwab 2% Visa.
On other Chase cards they have said that they will reverse the miles if you don't keep the card open for 6 months. I wouldn't take a chance and cancel before 6 months.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I will have to pay the $75 fee!

Husband & I were both approved and cards arrived today. When we called to activate the 50,000 miles for first purchase with 50,000 for $2000 spend were verified but we were both told that we would have to pay the $75 fee, even though I told him that I understood that fees were being waived. Any suggestions as to how to get the fees waived?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:05 pm

I am thinking about transferring $2000 from my PAYPAL premier account to personal account with this card as payment. Is it going to meet the second 50000 miles requirement? Also, is it going to show up as purchase or cash advance on my card?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by lolosmama
Husband & I were both approved and cards arrived today. When we called to activate the 50,000 miles for first purchase with 50,000 for $2000 spend were verified but we were both told that we would have to pay the $75 fee, even though I told him that I understood that fees were being waived. Any suggestions as to how to get the fees waived?
Applied on 11/7, approved 11/15, and I'm still waiting for cards (now 11/19). I hope it gets here before Thanksgiving. To be honest, I see the $75 as the "cost" of getting the 100,000. When I call to activate my card, it'll be nice if the annual fee gets waived, but if not, I'm not going to worry about it or fight to get it waived. I considered it the cost of buying these 100,000 miles (which is still a steal!) and anything more would be a nice bonus.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the automated system said my application was under review, and I just called to see what the deal was. I got a Chase Mileage Plus Visa four months ago, which seems to be the issue. They offered to close my MP Visa and approve me for this one, though. Anyone have any experience as to whether they'd take away the UA miles they've already issued me, and also whether I'd receive the full sign up bonus for this card (I assume I would)?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
So the automated system said my application was under review, and I just called to see what the deal was. I got a Chase Mileage Plus Visa four months ago, which seems to be the issue. They offered to close my MP Visa and approve me for this one, though. Anyone have any experience as to whether they'd take away the UA miles they've already issued me, and also whether I'd receive the full sign up bonus for this card (I assume I would)?
Tread carefully. If you close your United Mileage card before 6 months, they will take away the UA miles from your account. This was stated in the T&C of the credit card, and I think I read somewhere that Chase had pulled people's miles from their accounts. You would be eligible for the BA miles though, if you've never had a BA card before (or maybe even if you had, but there has been some contradictory info posted here, so I can't be sure).
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Tread carefully. If you close your United Mileage card before 6 months, they will take away the UA miles from your account. This was stated in the T&C of the credit card, and I think I read somewhere that Chase had pulled people's miles from their accounts. You would be eligible for the BA miles though, if you've never had a BA card before (or maybe even if you had, but there has been some contradictory info posted here, so I can't be sure).
Thanks for the info! Is it safe to assume I'd still be eligible to earn the sign-up miles for the Mileage Plus Visa in the future then (if they took away my miles this time around), or would I be hosed on that front?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.