Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by moondog
The Ts & Cs of the offer itself.
I meant that the poster was quoting a price of $3K in economy to BKK.

If you are going to pay for an economy ticket, you have to consider what other carriers are offering.

Sure, using 100K miles to fly to BKK is a good deal, if BA charges $3000. However, is it such a good deal if AF only charges $1200?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
hey, i didn't read through all posts so feel free to point me to it if it's already been discussed... i recently applied and received the chase continental world mc, will I still be able to apply for the BA card? on ingy's blog he said a reader was told that chase is only accepting applications once every six months... any success with this out there?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: A few
I got declined due to too many hard credit pulls

Enough of those pulls will be > 12 months old come February. But will the offer still be out then? Is there a hard deadline on expiration of offer?

Also will Chase even reconsider application or do I have to wait full 6 months by which time am pretty sure offer will be done
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Spirit,AAdvantage,Onepass,WorldPerks
Question Anyone know about the Platinum

Can anyone positively confirm that the platinum card also receives the bonus? On the page it does not say anything about the bonus.
My wife just got approved for the platinum and I am wondering if I should reallocate credit and try to see if they will then give her the signature, (I only care about the bonus not the "no preset spending limit").

I have read opinions and guesses on these pages but no absolute confirmation.

Last edited by Yissr; Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bsb21
I meant that the poster was quoting a price of $3K in economy to BKK.

If you are going to pay for an economy ticket, you have to consider what other carriers are offering.

Sure, using 100K miles to fly to BKK is a good deal, if BA charges $3000. However, is it such a good deal if AF only charges $1200?
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by Yissr
Can anyone positively confirm that the platinum card also receives the bonus? On the page it does not say anything about the bonus.
My wife just got approved for the platinum and I am wondering if I should reallocate credit and try to see if they will then give her the signature, (I only care about the bonus not the "no preset spending limit").

yes, Platinum Card also qualifies for the two 50K mile bonuses. enjoy your miles
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:41 pm
nsr

I had the same concern when I received a CO Platinum card recently instead of the signature card. I read a few notes from people that switched their card from Platinum to Signature and got NO MILES, since the new card didn't carry over the original promotion. After the first statement, I did get all the bonus miles from the promo I applied with. So, my advice to you is to wait until the first statement.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:42 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
yes, Platinum Card also qualifies for the two 50K mile bonuses. enjoy your miles
Not trying to be rude but may I ask how you know? Did you actually have such an experience?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by nsr
I had the same concern when I received a CO Platinum card recently instead of the signature card. I read a few notes from people that switched their card from Platinum to Signature and got NO MILES, since the new card didn't carry over the original promotion. After the first statement, I did get all the bonus miles from the promo I applied with. So, my advice to you is to wait until the first statement.
There is a chance however, that in this case the platinum does not have any bonus in which case it would be better to change it
Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Not trying to be rude but may I ask how you know? Did you actually have such an experience?
yes I have a Platinum Card and was able to confirm bonus qualification information during activation.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
There is a chance however, that in this case the platinum does not have any bonus in which case it would be better to change it
It's not a concern since the promo applies to both cards. However, if the terms were different and you applied for say the Signature Card, were not approved for it, but then subsequently approved for the Platinum card, I don't think you would have much luck getting them to upgrade you so you could take advantage of the bonus offer.

But like anything, exceptions can and do happen. I got the Signature Card and couldn't care less if it was called the rusted tin can card; as long as I get my miles.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:25 pm

Okay, I've seen several people mentioned that the offer will be dead after Nov. 30th because of something in the T&Cs. However, gleff posted a comment over on One Mile at a Time saying the PR folks are planning to promote this for at least 90 days, starting from Nov. 6.

So folks who can't take advantage of this just yet due to too many pulls/applications might be in luck after all if they need more time.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=nearpost;12874753]got approved for the B A card yesterday. I have been tinkering around on the BAEC website quite a bit, but cannot confirm one way or the other if my 100k BA miles can be used to fly in the domestic U.S. on Alaskaair (AS).

I know I can fly domestically with AA , but not sure about AS (Seattle-California ideally) unquote.

----------------------------------------------------------------

One more data point for the benefit of poster, MUJI

After getting nowhere on the BAEC web-site that allows you to make reservations including BA partners in your search, I called in on the above question. The person could not have been more helpful. While seating is quite limited, 25,000 BA miles will indeed get one a roundtrip ticket non-stop on Alaska Airlines Seattle to Southern California (any AS airport) .

Sorry MUJI, I did not enquire about SEA/YVR, looks good though!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
what number did you call?
I called the 800-945-2006 automated line. Still getting the notification in two weeks message, despite speaking to a rep last week and being asked to reallocate my credit lines, which I readily agreed to.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:58 pm

Chase told me that I was turned down because I got a bonus for a United card 4 months ago. The guy said it had nothing to do with my credit, but you can only get 1 signup bonus from Chase within a 6-month period. That was news to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.