Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Just as a quick aside: If you do get the Visa Signature card (I checked my wife's and it is thus labeled), you can get something like either a 20% or 25% discount until Dec. 31 on certain Hilton bookings. Don't have the time to look up the exact percentage right now.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:41 pm

I tried to search, but this thread is way too long. Does anyone know the cut off date to apply for this card? Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
For those of you that have received the BA Chase Visa, if you add an additional card-member on your account, do you have different card numbers on your credit card, or are they the same card card number with just different names on the card?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by broog
I tried to search, but this thread is way too long. Does anyone know the cut off date to apply for this card? Thanks
supposedly Nov 30!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, priority club
Using BA points to fly AA - not easy

I am trying to book a flight from Seattle to NYC for 4 people, at the end of July, with BA miles, and I am not having success even though I know that there is saver award availability on AA.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
For those of you that have received the BA Chase Visa, if you add an additional card-member on your account, do you have different card numbers on your credit card, or are they the same card card number with just different names on the card?
it would be the same number, different names.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:00 pm

Well over 1000 posts, people are ecstatic that they were approved and yet it seems that I am the only one concerned.
By giving away a gazillion miles, and not adding a single seat for award availability, does this not spell disaster for future availability?
Hey, I like to party as much as the next guy, but I'm worried.
Am I missing something?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, US, DL
canadian

I am from canada with an adress in usa . do you think I can grab this card ?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Well over 1000 posts, people are ecstatic that they were approved and yet it seems that I am the only one concerned.
By giving away a gazillion miles, and not adding a single seat for award availability, does this not spell disaster for future availability?
Hey, I like to party as much as the next guy, but I'm worried.
Am I missing something?
Between all of the partner airlines (which are generally better redemption deals due to the lower fees) and the tendency people have to not use miles they've accumulated, I really don't think this is a significant issue.

A hundred people on a flight from SFO to LHR would generate something like 600,000 miles, and no flight has that few number of people, and there are many, many each day.

I'm not worried. Redemptions are never easy with miles - but I don't think this will be markedly worse.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by danlauz
I am from canada with an adress in usa . do you think I can grab this card ?
One question on the application asks for your Social Security number. IMHO, that is likely to prevent a non-US-citizen from getting the card.

UPDATE: See better opinion, and probably more correct, in posting $1047 by docbert below.

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Nov 26, 2009 at 9:06 am
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yissr
There is a chance however, that in this case the platinum does not have any bonus in which case it would be better to change it
I think you are asking too much for "confirmation".

Who posts on this thread has the inside knowledge and qualification to "Confirm" such?

Everyone is just relying on the wordings on the Ts and Cs and come up with "reasonable conclusion".

I honestly dont understand why so many folks asking the impossible questions, such as yours, and the questions about "would this offer extend?" "would I get the card since I have another card opened less than 6 months ago?" etc etc

There are NO definite answers to such - it all depends how Chase treats your credit profile regarding approval.

Regarding the bonuses - again, it all depends on the interpretation of Ts and Cs and you would not know until after your first statement if you are only approved as Platinum card.

From Chase historical offerings, Plat receives the same bonus as Signature. Same thing cannot be said with BofA cards.

Yet, NO ONE, can tell you 100% sure what it might be.

It really is common sense that there would not be any "confirmation." until after the fact.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
One question on the application asks for your Social Security number. IMHO, that is likely to prevent a non-US-citizen from getting the card.
A social security number has nothing to do with being a US citizen, you just need to be allowed to work in the US (and sometimes not even that) in order to get one.

This non-US citizen has applied and is still waiting for an answer, but if I miss out I'm sure it won't be because I'm not a citizen, but instead due to a short (2 year) credit history - even if my credit score is quite high.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: Spirit,AAdvantage,Onepass,WorldPerks
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
yes, Platinum Card also qualifies for the two 50K mile bonuses. enjoy your miles
Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know.
Unlike some other nasty people who didn't seem to understand.
Originally Posted by Happy
I think you are asking too much for "confirmation".

Who posts on this thread has the inside knowledge and qualification to "Confirm" such?

Everyone is just relying on the wordings on the Ts and Cs and come up with "reasonable conclusion".

I honestly don't understand why so many folks asking the impossible questions, such as yours, and the questions about "would this offer extend?" "would I get the card since I have another card opened less than 6 months ago?" etc etc

There are NO definite answers to such - it all depends how Chase treats your credit profile regarding approval.

Regarding the bonuses - again, it all depends on the interpretation of Ts and Cs and you would not know until after your first statement if you are only approved as Platinum card.

From Chase historical offerings, Plat receives the same bonus as Signature. Same thing cannot be said with BofA cards.

Yet, NO ONE, can tell you 100% sure what it might be.

It really is common sense that there would not be any "confirmation." until after the fact.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by brklynguy
I am trying to book a flight from Seattle to NYC for 4 people, at the end of July, with BA miles, and I am not having success even though I know that there is saver award availability on AA.
You might try posting this on the BA Forum. I'm guessing that AA only gives BA a limited amount of it's award inventory.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yissr
Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know.
Unlike some other nasty people who didn't seem to understand.
And if it does NOT happen that way, you would then call Chase and tell them "But I read it on FT that Platinum cards also receive same bonuses...", so then Chase would give it to you, right?

My post is to tell you, based on Chase historical practice, Plat cards receive same bonuses as Signature card, versus BofA is a different story.

However, it is still NOT a 100% sure thing until AFTER the fact, though most everyone who cares to read the Ts & Cs himself, comes up with the same conclusion without constantly asking for "confirmation".

Only Chase would give you the final and definite answer AFTER the fact. Everything else is an educated guess, reasonable interpretation, or being told so by CSRs at activation.

By now you should have known that the information coming from CSRs of a credit card issuer is often not very reliable.

But if that "confirmation" makes you feel better, by all means, put your faith on it and stop worrying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.