Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Happy, how were you able to get the info about the bonuses in writing from Chase? Did you just send them an e-mail through the website?

I hope Chase doesn't try to wiggle out of the bonuses for Platinum cards. I certainly did not sign up just to give Chase (and BA) $75.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
It is possible, of course, that people applied for the card AFTER reading reports in this thread that annual fees would be waived for the first year.

Yes, this is third party info, and we can't hold Chase accountable for that. But, given the number of reports of the fee waiver by CSRs (I heard it myself, when activating my card) I think it's pretty reliable.

Certainly, the point of this forum is to share accurate information; not to misinform. If we report what we hear, and others act on that info, they certainly have a right to be unhappy, and, of course, they can cancel the card.

Since I did hear the CSR tell me my fee would be waived, I can only expect that to be true, and I will attempt to get my fees reversed.
Totally disagree.

If a person relies on the information posted on internet discussion board to make a financial decision, and then being unhappy about the outcome, this is about the most ridiculous excuse one can come up with.

You sign up for the card with Ts and Cs on the official application form from the issuance bank, but HOPE for something else based on misinformation, and then become Unhappy when the outcome turns out EXACTLY as the Ts and Cs you sign up for? What kind of logic that is?

Last edited by Happy; Dec 2, 2009 at 11:20 am
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Happy, how were you able to get the info about the bonuses in writing from Chase? Did you just send them an e-mail through the website?

I hope Chase doesn't try to wiggle out of the bonuses for Platinum cards. I certainly did not sign up just to give Chase (and BA) $75.
Sent a secured email via the account online.

Chase is EXCELLENT in replying your secured email and almost always thorough and detailed to actually answer your questions, based on our years experiences with them.

If you have read my posts regarding the Plat versus Signature, you will see my stance is, based on the historical data, Chase does NOT shortchange Plat cards for the bonuses, but one should not take it as 100% guarantee. My guess is you would get the same bonuses but to protect yourself, I would suggest you to send them a secured email to make this in records.

To give you an example, although not Chase, but with AMEX. I had a targeted offer with a very generous bonus on its Business Gold Card. When I rec'd the card and paperwork, the information DIFFERED from the targeted offer (AMEX do send info regarding bonus and such with their OWN cards). I emailed them via the account, got 2 positive confirmations. At the end, the promised bonus did not show after 2 months passed due. I brought up the secured email and sent them a follow up. No response but bonus showed up in Membership Reward 2 days later.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 2, 2009 at 11:25 am
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Sent a secured email via the account online.

Chase is EXCELLENT in replying your secured email and almost always thorough and detailed to actually answer your questions, based on our years experiences with them.

If you have read my posts regarding the Plat versus Signature, you will see my stance is, based on the historical data, Chase does NOT shortchange Plat cards for the bonuses, but one should not take it as 100% guarantee. My guess is you would get the same bonuses but to protect yourself, I would suggest you to send them a secured email to make this in records.

To give you an example, although not Chase, but with AMEX. I had a targeted offer with a very generous bonus on its Business Gold Card. When I rec'd the card and paperwork, the information DIFFERED from the targeted offer (AMEX do send info regarding bonus and such with their OWN cards). I emailed them via the account, got 2 positive confirmations. At the end, the promised bonus did not show after 2 months passed due. I brought up the secured email and sent them a follow up. No response but bonus showed up in Membership Reward 2 days later.
Thanks, Happy. I just want to be sure because other have mentioned that CSR told them Plat cards were ineligible for the bonus. It's possible the CSR made a mistake there, too. But I want to find out now so I can upgrade to Signature by reallocating credit with Chase or cancel the card.

Chase is very good at responding to e-mails, IME, too. I should expect a response within 4 hours:

Originally Posted by Chase Secure Mail
You've sent your Rewards Inquiry to Credit Card Support to be researched. We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when we receive your message.

A customer service representative will respond to your inquiry in four hours.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally disagree.

You sign up for the card with Ts and Cs on the official application form from the issuance bank, but HOPE for something else based on misinformation, and then become Unhappy when the outcome turns out EXACTLY as the Ts and Cs you sign up for? What kind of logic that is?
Even if the CSR subsequently re-confirms the misinformation?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Called the number again, after having my banker file for reconsideration and was told that it had been denied for the 2nd time.

Jeez, I have a 724 fico score and am both a Chase checking and Credit Card holder, 85K household income, and never missed a payment. My banker even believed that I would be approved!

Lets just say that my next application is not going to be with Chase.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Oh, one other thing...not sure if this has already been addressed: not all low-limit approvals are for the Platinum card. The BA account just showed up in my list of Chase cards today - it's a Signature card.

Also, the $75 fee is already there.

Still have not received the actual card yet...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Even if the CSR subsequently re-confirms the misinformation?
Absolutely.

Because the Pricing and Terms are CLEARLY stated on the Application form and by submitting the application, you AGREED on the terms.

The CSRs can make mistakes, multiple times notwithstanding - but that does not mean you are NOT bound by the Application you submitted under those Pricing and Terms.

As a matter of fact, in some cards application where the Pricing and Terms are in another inserted window, you MUST click that window before you can hit the submit button - as the wordings always are: Please read the Pricing and Terms and by clicking on that window, you verify you have READ and AGREED on the Pricing and Terms GOVERNING the offer.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
Oh, one other thing...not sure if this has already been addressed: not all low-limit approvals are for the Platinum card. The BA account just showed up in my list of Chase cards today - it's a Signature card.

Also, the $75 fee is already there.

Still have not received the actual card yet...
Mine has not arrived yet, but the fee is posted as 12/01/09 as expected.

The minimum CL for Visa Signature is 5K by Chase historical standard, if you call that low-limit.

However there are reports about Citi gave lower than 5K on its AA Visa Signature. So I guess it is up to the issuer to determine what level is the minimum.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsb21
Called the number again, after having my banker file for reconsideration and was told that it had been denied for the 2nd time.

Jeez, I have a 724 fico score and am both a Chase checking and Credit Card holder, 85K household income, and never missed a payment. My banker even believed that I would be approved!

There are something else beyond what you told us.

What is your debt to income ratio? (i.e. mortgage, car loan, student loan, whatever loans you have)

When is your last time credit card application with Chase?

Is there some derogatory marks in the distant past?

Above just a few other factors beyond the FICO and Household Income that form parts of the puzzle.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:52 pm

There are something else beyond what you told us.

What is your debt to income ratio? (i.e. mortgage, car loan, student loan, whatever loans you have) I have no loans and use only 7% of my credit line.

When is your last time credit card application with Chase? 2 years ago, I applied and got my first and only Chase card.

Is there some derogatory marks in the distant past? Nope.
Above just a few other factors beyond the FICO and Household Income that form parts of the puzzle.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by bsb21

wow. sorry about that bsb21. did they give a reason for the rejection this time?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
wow. sorry about that bsb21. did they give a reason for the rejection this time?
The phote person said something that I don't remember. I guess that I will have to wait for the letter.

Whats wierd is that when I was denied for the first time, I was told that my credit report did not support my income. Now they were able dig up more reasons??

I guess I will have to buy US Air miles on their double promo and use them on LH. LH F is much better than BA anyways!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
My SO applied and got a letter from Chase requesting a copy of her SS card and a utility bill. What the heck? The same thing occurred for her younger sister.

Thing is, she doesn't have her SS card. Lost it way back. Has anyone come across this?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:10 pm

Absolutely.

Because the Pricing and Terms are CLEARLY stated on the Application form and by submitting the application, you AGREED on the terms.

The CSRs can make mistakes, multiple times notwithstanding - but that does not mean you are NOT bound by the Application you submitted under those Pricing and Terms.

As a matter of fact, in some cards application where the Pricing and Terms are in another inserted window, you MUST click that window before you can hit the submit button - as the wordings always are: Please read the Pricing and Terms and by clicking on that window, you verify you have READ and AGREED on the Pricing and Terms GOVERNING the offer.
Exactly correct.

Why people expect a CSR error to override clearly stated terms is beyond me. And there are even others who did not hear a CSR error asking if they shouldn't be treated "equally" too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.