Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Applied on Nov 22. "Pending"
Give 'em a call! (# for a live person is in Post #1)

I applied Nov 20, called the other day, was told my app was "Pending"

Then the rep said he'd take care of it right then. Like many others Chase said I had "sufficient" credit but asked me if I wanted to reduce a Credit limit on one of my other Chase cards and put it towards the new BA card.

I got to pick which Chase card to use and how much credit I wanted to shift.

Good luck
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grandmaster b
Got the card today, but the space where the Executive Club number is supposed to be is blank. Does anyone have their number there, or are they all blank?

I entered the number on the application, so I don't know what the problem might be. I don't really care if it is on there, but Chase couldn't tell me what number is on the account, as the rep said his screen said to call BA for the info.
Your post makes me to look up our cards. Hubby's card has his BA number while mine is blank even though like you, I put in my BA number on the application.

I guess time for secured email again...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:21 pm

I just received my card and my wife's card. Will buy gas tomorrow using both cards to get the 1st 50K each.

Then the statagey is to use her card now for the 1st 2k, then use my card starting Jan 1st to do my 2K PLUS start the 30K accumulation for the year to get the 2 for 1 award ticket certificate.

Then we household the accounts.

My only question is who will fly with me in BA 1st to wherever we decide to go. I problem I love to have.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Quick question, are the miles still awarded if the card is only platinum and not the visa signature?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by ned
RE: Your account ending in XXXX

Dear XXXXXXX

As your credit card company, we value your business. It's important to us that we provide you with up-to-date information about your account.

You recently opened a new BRITISH AIRWAYS account, which offered a premium after completing your first purchase using your new card.

The terms and conditions associated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Card members. Our records indicate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past. Based on this information, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use of your card.

Your satisfaction is important to us. If you have any questions, please call us at the toll-free number noted on the back of your card. For your convenience, we are available 24 hours a day to assist you.

Sincerely,

Cardmember Service
If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did you have your other BA Visa?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 4Health
Quick question, are the miles still awarded if the card is only platinum and not the visa signature?

Yes
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:49 am

New question: My wife was denied for the card for having too many inquiries. She offered to reallocate her credit line on her Chase United Visa, but the rep told her that they won't discuss that with her until her $500 balance is paid off. This is recent activity too, not an end of month statement. All balances are always paid in full.

1) Do you really have to have a zero balance to reallocate?

2) Has anyone on here managed to reallocate having only one Chase credit card, or has everyone had two or more cards?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:11 am

New question: My wife was denied for the card for having too many inquiries. She offered to reallocate her credit line on her Chase United Visa, but the rep told her that they won't discuss that with her until her $500 balance is paid off. This is recent activity too, not an end of month statement. All balances are always paid in full.

2) Has anyone on here managed to reallocate having only one Chase credit card, or has everyone had two or more cards?
1. No, but if you're carrying a balance you'll need a sufficient margin (~$750) in order for them to reallocate.

2. Don't think it matters, but I had four.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Compfreak
1. No, but if you're carrying a balance you'll need a sufficient margin (~$750) in order for them to reallocate.
She has over $15,000 in available credit on the one card, so I would hope that owing $500 is not what is tipping the scales in an unfavorable way.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
FWIW, my wife just received her Chase BA Signature Visa card. (I already had a BA card, so didn't apply.) It took about the full month since she applied for it to arrive. We hadn't checked with Chase along the way to nudge them or find out the status. I know that this is not very helpful news to folks who for no apparent good reason have been turned down, but I thought I'd post it for those out there waiting.

Her credit line on the card is only $5,000, despite what I assume is an excellent credit score. (We haven't checked lately.) Perhaps the line is low because she has a few other Chase cards. I assume that it will be easy enough to increase the BA Visa line by reducing the line on one or more of her other Chase cards, but if anyone has any advice or other info please let me know.

Good luck to those out there waiting or trying to get rejections reversed.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thunderroad, you are likely correct in that you could reduce other credit and add a higher limit to this card. I'm in a similar boat...a sub-$10k limit on the BA card.

I received my card yesterday. Two interesting things: (1) the activation number led me instantly to a human. First words out of his mouth after confirming my identity were "Whoa, that's a great promotion." (2) he proactively mentioned that I could reallocate credit from other accounts if I wished. I don't know if he could have done it himself or if I would have been transferred, but I suspect he could see that I had a dormant Chase card from which some credit had already been poached to open the BA card.

Anyway, I chuckled at the "Whoa, that's a great promotion" bit... Yes, um, well, we thought it was nice too.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heads Up for those whose cards dont have their BA numbers on it

If you received your card without your BA membership number on it, particularly if you are an existing BAEC member and have put in your BAEC number on the application form, chances are, Chase system somehow managed to lose your BAEC number.

This happens to my card that arrived yesterday. My BAEC number is not on it. The activation rep told me BA information did not show in Chase system and sent me to call BAEC. (She was WRONG - if you got that response, asked for a supervisor.) I called BAEC, of course BAEC rep said they have nothing to do with credit card and suggested to me to ask for a supervisor at Chase.

Called Chase regular customer service on the number at the back of the card. Got another ignorant CSR who tried to send me to BAEC. Told that woman I just hang up with BAEC and if she could not do something I needed a supervisor. She then said she would send a research request to Marketing Dept to have that department check with BAEC regarding my missing membership number. It would take 7 to 10 business days to get result of the "Research". Then this woman tried to sell me the Credit Protector Plan.

Placed another call this time got a cheerful rep who said the previous rep did start the process of resolving the missing BAEC number. I will follow up in 2 weeks.

Meantime, secured email has been sent on this subject last night and no response on it yet.

My application was under some kind of Security Review / Verification before they finally approved it without requesting anything from me. Applied on 11/19, card online 11/30 and arrived 12/04.

Hubby's application has had no glitch. His card showed up online 3 days after application and his existing BAEC number is on his card. The 3rd Chase CSR I talked to, also verified his BAEC number is indeed showing in his Chase account.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 5, 2009 at 11:34 am
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. This has been standard process for Chase for a very long time. I believe I was told that way back in 2007 when moving CL from a Marriott card to Freedom card.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:11 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by oldjack
If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did you have your other BA Visa?
I have an existing BA Visa that gives one mile for each $2 spent. I did however receive the email stating I would receive the 50,000 miles and this was also acknowledged by the CSR when I activated the card.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
It's rather strange that they could lose your BAEC number. It's the only way you'll get any rewards from that card...

Let the conspiracy theories roll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.