Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Applied Thursday night; both me and the wife approved. No Chase cards in the last 6 months, but lots of pulls for Citi churning. Doesn't seem to have mattered.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
also approved... have one Chase CC and one DC. Applied for the CC almost 2 yrs ago, then DC less than a month ago.

thanks, Chase ^
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:21 pm

If one is denied, does the auto application status system tell you so, or does it simply say that you will get a response in about two weeks?

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, here's another wrinkle --

The 800-number message gives me the "we'll notify you in 2 weeks in writing" message, but I (and my wife) have received emails from BA welcoming us to British Airways Executive Club (we weren't members before).

So does THAT mean our applications have been approved? It would be kind of mean to deny us the credit card but sign us up for the ff program.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by iahphx

The 800-number message gives me the "we'll notify you in 2 weeks in writing" message, but I (and my wife) have received emails from BA welcoming us to British Airways Executive Club (we weren't members before).

So does THAT mean our applications have been approved? It would be kind of mean to deny us the credit card but sign us up for the ff program.
wow - that really would be mean. how recently did you get the e-mail from BA?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Chase is getting back at you for those 0% BTs ... Here's hoping you get those 2 cards....

Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:12 am

+1
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
wow - that really would be mean. how recently did you get the e-mail from BA?
They came last night (Sunday). I applied on Friday.

The application says, "If you are not already an Executive Club member, you will automatically be enrolled upon approval for the Visa Card."

So I shouldn't be enrolled unless I was approved. Unless they screwed up and are being mean!

Last edited by iahphx; Nov 9, 2009 at 8:40 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I applied right after the link opened but am still pending, so don't give up hope if you are a bit behind.

Note: I use the site www.creditkarma.com for a free estimate of my FICO score. Remember, it's just an estimate, but the number they gave me was awfully close to the FICO score I paid for, so it seems to be a reasonably good one.

Mike
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
If they give you that reason (which they did to me in July for a Chase Priority Club Visa) just call the number on your rejection letter & tell them you'd like to re-allocate lines from other Chase card(s). Had my card within 2 weeks after that. Other bank cards don't have a lot of bearing except the credit pulls possibly lowered your overall credit score slightly.

In California, IME both Chase and Citi use Experian for their credit pulls.
That's good advice. I haven't received a response yet, and I'm thinking it's because I have one card with a $45k line and a lot of 2.99% life-of-loan money sitting on it.

If I get bonged because of Chase's total potential exposure, I could probably reel that limit in somewhat and take a different card's limit down to nothing (or to a couple thousand...or whatever they want).
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Applied Thursday night; both me and the wife approved. No Chase cards in the last 6 months, but lots of pulls for Citi churning. Doesn't seem to have mattered.
j3brooklyn,

How do you know you were approved (email, call, etc)?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by lstheodore
I called this number today and got the following,

"Congratulations, your credit card has been approved!
Your current balance is ...$0
Your credit access line is ...$xxx
Your current APS 13.24% variable
You should receive your welcome packet and credit card in 7-10 days"
+1 ^^^
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by whynotgo
j3brooklyn,

How do you know you were approved (email, call, etc)?
post #214:

Originally Posted by teammjs
OK, for the impatient (like me), here's an auto application status to check the application status:

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
post #214:
Mine just got approved while the wife's is still pending. I applied for a United Chase Mileage plus card 45 days ago and still got approved so the theory of 1 app every 6 months doesn't seem to be consistent.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
while i still have a dislike of BA because of the India fiasco...It was too sweet of a deal to pass up. i applied and was approved. A business class award ticket to S. America sounds nice. My first opportunity to sit up front. ^ surely makes up for everything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.