Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
...and where's the matching 100k Business card application?
Just admit it, you were all thinking the same thing.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
Yup, just wait until this hits FatWallet! A matter of minutes. Yikes!
Now you know how FW felt when the coin thread hit here!!!
Can't we all just get along!!!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by eireman
I know early on folks were wondering what was the deadline for this application.

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but FYI, it is Nov 30,2009
Wow. That's a pretty small window of opportunity. I guess this offer has something to do with BA generating some short-term revenue out of selling miles to Chase????
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jk1joel
Does anybody know how strict Chase is about hard pulls? I have 7 in the last 12 months of which 4 are in the last 6 months. It seems like Citi's policy (while somewhat YMMV) is well known - 7 hard pulls in the last 6 months, but I don't know about Chase.
I don't think Chase has a set policy like CITI but that's a guess. I was turned down for a Chase Marriott card in 2008 shortly after I had applied for, and received, my third Chase branded card w/in two months. Their reason was that I had applied for too many Chase cards. No mention of total number of pulls (I had 5 or 6 hard pulls in the two months before I was denied).

You can probably find more info on Chase by searching on the "Other Credit Card Programs" forum.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum
Care to point me to the 10 posts in this thread that address this? I saw zero. I read the whole thing before I asked, and I just re-read it again, and while I see people talking about whether or not it is worth a pull, I didn't see anyone answering my question (which is how many pulls Chase allows before a denial). I googled it too, but 10 minutes of googling turned nothing up.
My apologies, guess different forums running together, apparently I must have read that on another forum.

According to it less than 7 hard pulls in last 6 - 8 months should be ok
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:54 pm

This might be one of the sillier questions I have asked on this board. How does one find out their BAEC number? I have a BA Exec Club account from a couple of years ago. I have my email login and can log in with no problem but cannot see my number anywhere. I searched my email as well and none of my BA emails have the number either... Can someone please help?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
... How does one find out their BAEC number? I have a BA Exec Club account from a couple of years ago....
Call them on the phone?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eireman
I know early on folks were wondering what was the deadline for this application.

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but FYI, it is Nov 30,2009
Could you please show us where this deadline is stated? Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:28 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by gleff
It works ONLY in conjunction with an award ticket. It's 2 award tickets for the price of one. ^
For this alone gleff, you get my vote for talkboard!^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I was wondering if you can upgrade from a Platinum Chase Visa to the BA card? This way there might not be a pull on your credit?

I had talked to a CSR from Amex one time about going from a regular amex to the Delta gold card vs. Delta gold card to Delta Platinum, and they said neither had a hard pull on your credit, that they were considered upgrades since you would be paying a yearly fee.
I'm sure you could convert Platinum Visa to a BA co-branded card but would you get the bonus miles? If you try this approach with Chase, please report back as to what they say. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:24 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by yanxfann
A bit off topic but since FW was mentioned I want to give my two cents worth: As a longtime user of FT I guess I got spoiled a bit as to how civil and polite this place normally is. My experience with FatWallet was the complete opposite, I generally view it as being it as being rude and vicious - basically a complete downer. I refuse to even look at FT anymore as any genuinely good deal that's posted there is almost guaranteed to also be posted on SlickDeals and I've found the people on SD to be much nicer to deal with.
I completely agree with that. Fatwallet is totally rude, esp. In the travel and finance forum. They think they know everything and they also think by acting rude, they control the newbies. No wonder SD got popular than FW in the last few years. Sorry FW we don't ignore you, but we don't post anything, we are silent observers.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:13 am

Lose Unused Miles if You Don't Keep the Credit Card Open?

I've never earned/used BA miles. My wife and I have earned a ton of AA miles from Citi credit card churns over the last 18 months and already have two major trips planned next year.

This looks like an offer too good to refuse, but I don't see us using the miles for more than a year from now. Since the window to get in on this appears to be limited, what is the Chase/BA policy if we open the card accounts, earn the 100,000 miles each and then close the card accounts 11 months later to avoid the following year fees? Will we lose the 200,000 BA miles similar to how Citi takes away unused TYP if you close the affiliated credit card?

If so, is there a no fee Chase card tied into BA that we could switch to at the end of the first year to keep from losing the miles?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Does anybody know how strict Chase is about hard pulls? I have 7 in the last 12 months of which 4 are in the last 6 months. It seems like Citi's policy (while somewhat YMMV) is well known - 7 hard pulls in the last 6 months, but I don't know about Chase.

I don't know if they have a fixed number of pulls allowed,but I am sure they are tightening their requirements.

I was recently rejected for a Citi card after churning for the last year or so. Last week I applied for a Chase card and did not get instant approval for the first time and 10 days later it is not showing on my profile yet. I am assuming i will be getting a rejection letter in the mail on this one.

As a data point, my FICO is in the 800 range and utilization is below 10%.

This BA offer almost looks too good to be true,but I am not going to try..it's not worth another pull,since I am sure I will not be approved.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by tpat
Could you please show us where this deadline is stated? Thanks.
Not sure where the other poster saw the date but it was listed on the email I got from BA announcing the CC.

Here' a cut and paste of the actual terminology from the email:
Apply today.
Your application will be pre-populated with your name and address for your convenience.. Apply before November 30, 2009, to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to earn enough BA Miles for 2 transatlantic reward flights.

Speculation on the BA board is that this deal is happening to generate some short term cash by selling miles to Chase at a low price since BA just posted bad results. This would explain the short application window.

I also anticipate that a lot of people that might apply for this card will actually not get it. The application and offer specifically give Chase/BA a way out by saying you may get the Plat. Card if you do not qualify for this offer. With credit as tight as it is, I think they will be pretty selective and that will upset those rejected and cause lots of complaining to follow in this thread.

Last edited by christianj; Nov 7, 2009 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:57 am

Does anyone know how hard it is to just get a ticket within the USA using these miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.