Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
Yup, just wait until this hits FatWallet! A matter of minutes. Yikes!
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/964868/
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
It's over. Run for the hills...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Holy carp, I just choked and about spilled my coffee over this thread.

The missus and I have both now applied. I remember a DL Amex promo from '01 or so that netted about 75k miles for $10k in spending. 100k for $2k is eye-popping.

Once again, thank you fellow FlyerTalkers. I received the 15-30 day thing too, but I have no reason to believe that Chase would deny either of us a Visa.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:24 pm

Just applied. Now just hoping it gets approved.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
i just took a look at the award charts. it might be a typo..but under the BA + one other airline chart it's 50K in Y from NA to S. America. US-LHR-GRU for 100K in J? that would be a sweet deal if you don't mind the flying.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
A lot of people from FW and SD will be applying w/o knowing the caveats to credit limits, credit scores, and simply basing their whole experience from others postings from the site. 100K on BA doesnt exactly do a lot of damage. A previous member stated, that you need at least 150 to cross the pond in C ..

Defly watch the potholes when going into this deal.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Moderator should split this into 2 threads : cc related questions and how to redeem. And possibly create sticky / FAQ on first page.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aaron1262
i just took a look at the award charts. it might be a typo..but under the BA + one other airline chart it's 50K in Y from NA to S. America. US-LHR-GRU for 100K in J? that would be a sweet deal if you don't mind the flying.
Stopover allowed? Torn between a vacation in Europe or South America this year??? How 'bout both!! ^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mrx900
need at least 150 to cross the pond in C ..
Transatlantic business class requires 100,000 miles, roundtrip. Calculator here...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...r/public/en_us
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
100K on BA doesnt exactly do a lot of damage. A previous member stated, that you need at least 150 to cross the pond in C ..

Defly watch the potholes when going into this deal.
True, BA has some different sweet spots than the typical US program, but if I'm approved I look at it like this: would I buy 100k BA for $75 + 2000 Starpoints? Heck yeah!

In 2011 or 2012, our whole family will be going to Lancaster for a couple weeks. Since the joys of C are lost on the kiddos, we might actually use those 50k Y awards.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:44 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
It was for me yesterday, got 3 JFK-HKG-DPS award seats for passengers with no status.
Great. Now to figure out how many miles it takes to go DEL-BKK on CX. I poked around the redemption part of BA's website but it wasn't all that straightforward. Kept routing me through LHR.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Chase website is surprisingly cheesy. They use graphics with text in them (so they can't be copied or indexed?) and they use really low quality JPEGs for those, so they're pretty blurry. For a major financial company, the whole experience is not one of comfort, to me.

Pretty much every other website I use in the financial world looks much, much better. What's going on over there? Doesn't inspire confidence.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
The Chase website is surprisingly cheesy. They use graphics with text in them (so they can't be copied or indexed?) and they use really low quality JPEGs for those, so they're pretty blurry. For a major financial company, the whole experience is not one of comfort, to me.

Pretty much every other website I use in the financial world looks much, much better. What's going on over there? Doesn't inspire confidence.
It's one of the stronger banks. Relax.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not concerned, and I've done plenty of business with Chase over the years. I'm just surprised that their webmasters don't see a problem.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

Chase is a major bank - I use them for my Marriott and United cards already. The points post correctly and I have never had any problems with them. There are certainly a lot of complaints here and elsewhere about them, but I don't think any are related to either their rewards cards not working or fear of the bank dissolving. I've also had one of my car loans get sold to them. As far as I know, they are strong and weren't one of the banks on the brink of collapse during the recent recession.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.