Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by jdrumm95
from the offer page:
"You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established."

I assume this means if you are only approved for the Platinum card then you will not get the goodies we are all wanting?
Originally Posted by mikeef
That's my assumption. No chicken, no check-in.

Mike
My bold..

I read that differently. I would argue (not with you) that the miles are a bonus to the offer, not a benefit. I have seen other offers that clearly state that if you are not approved for xx card you will be considered for xy card and the bonus offer is listed in the T&C because it's different. However with any banking offer, YMMV.

Last edited by RedSox; Nov 16, 2009 at 9:13 pm
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:50 am
xp0

Thanks for the answer. After reading the British Airways Household Account information it seems pretty solid. Up to 6 people can accumulate miles together in the household so if My wife, brother, and I all sign up as living in our house that could be 300,000 miles right off the bat. Seems like a good deal to me!

*edit*
Do anyone know if I then later cancel my wife's CC ... do all those miles get wiped out of the "pooled" miles of the household account or do I get to keep them? Id hate to sign us both up .... then start only using one of the cards and cancel the other only to loose 100,000 of those miles.

Thanks!

Last edited by xp0; Nov 6, 2009 at 7:57 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Should I wait or jump in? I applied for 2 AA cards in the past 2 months. Already 2 pulls.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Can someone tell me why I shouldn't do this? I'm not worried about credit or a pull. 100k miles for next to nothing?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
My guess is that they are offering such an amazing bonus because BA is in financial trouble so they agreed to sell a large amount of miles to Chase on the cheap.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RedSox
...miles are a bonus to the offer, not a benefit.
Agreed, most card issuers draw a distinction between rewards (tied to spending) and benefits (inherent in the card). The distinction is blurred at the margins when there are benefits tied to spending thresholds, but this seems unambiguous.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by adamak
Should I wait or jump in? I applied for 2 AA cards in the past 2 months. Already 2 pulls.
It says it's a limited time offer but has no expiration date.

I also got 2-Citi AA cards about 2-3 months ago but have solid credit.

However, approval standards can be a moving target, so if denied for any reason I'll call Chase underwriting and ask them to reallocate a credit line from one of my existing cards and more than likely they will approve.

The other outcome could be: declined Mr. RedSox, and oh...and by the way we reduced the CL on your Chase Rewards card from 45k to $500. Thank you for doing business with Chase.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:37 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:02 am

regarding the fuel surcharge listed on the page . Is it one way or round trip ?
I was looking at fuel surahcarge on India ticket . It says

4For Economy tickets originating USA/Canada to India (via London) the surcharge is USD 182.
For Economy tickets originating India to USA/Canada (via London) the surcharge is USD 157.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: AA PLAT SPG GOLD
Just went on BA website and this promotion still does not appear.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by dnfuss
Just went on BA website and this promotion still does not appear.
It's in the Executive Club section under News and Offers. You will need to sign in to BA to see it.

Or you can save that step and use this link.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:25 am

No Instant approval?

Just submitted an app & a page that said "response within 15-30 days via us mail" appeared .

Consistent with what others are seeing ?

Last edited by sanchari; Nov 6, 2009 at 9:26 am Reason: typos
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by sanchari
Just submitted an app & a page that said "response within 15-30 days via us mail" appeared .

I just got the response. I also am curious if others are getting this response. Did anyone get immediate approval?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sanchari

Welcome to FT.

Yes, this is consistent with what others are reporting.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:44 am

Hi,
I stumbled across thos board and I love it. This is my first post.

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them..

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?

Last edited by sat45; Nov 6, 2009 at 10:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.