Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by sat45
Hi,
I stumbled across thos board and I love it. This is my first post.

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA_class_codes
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Hi,

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them..
Welcome to FT.

You can still apply for a separate card for your wife. The additional card member is an authorized user based on your account, not a co-applicant.

The best place I can offer for learning is to start here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/newuser/
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Hi,

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?
sat45,

Welcome to Flyertalk! Sometimes the jargon can become overwhelming but your case is simple.

Try this link (by the way I found it by Googling, (british airways fare codes), "Google is your friend".

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...asses_%28BA%29
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:02 am

Hi,

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?

It's a 12 month period from your card anniversary.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?
Credit card annual fees are not calculated on a calendar year basis. You be billed $75 now, and this fee will recur each year in November.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?
It was for me yesterday, got 3 JFK-HKG-DPS award seats for passengers with no status.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I've found some threads which indicate that one can only apply for a Chase card every six months. I applied for one in July, so I guess I'll have to wait. Any practical experience that would suggest otherwise?

This is one heck of an offer!^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?
...though I should add BA miles can only be spent on household members, so if your plan is to gift a trip to a colleague (for example), they'd have to live with you. Flame me if this has recently changed...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Gold, UCLA Alum ('96)
FYI - duck and cover due to incoming newbies. This is getting big pub on SlickDeals and I'm assuming other deal websites, so anticipate a bunch of new traffic on the site. Everyone be nice now.

H/T to the OP and thanks for all the info.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:24 am

Slickdeals newbie here one quick question: I'm a nonmember to the Executive Club, must I wait until November 16 to sign up or has it worked for anyone using the link provided? I'm looking forward to using this forum and can't believe I just found it!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by elshagon
Slickdeals newbie here one quick question: I'm a nonmember to the Executive Club, must I wait until November 16 to sign up or has it worked for anyone using the link provided? I'm looking forward to using this forum and can't believe I just found it!
Welcome.

You can sign up for EC right now if you want. But, by using the link and applying, Chase will automatically sign you up for a EC account.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:33 am

Question: My next overseas trip will probably be somewhere in the Pacific region -- is it mandatory to fly on BA metal or is there a partner I could fly with for the same amount of miles?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
...though I should add BA miles can only be spent on household members, so if your plan is to gift a trip to a colleague (for example), they'd have to live with you. Flame me if this has recently changed...
How many people are living with you now?

Mike
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Grasshopper
FYI - duck and cover due to incoming newbies. This is getting big pub on SlickDeals and I'm assuming other deal websites, so anticipate a bunch of new traffic on the site. Everyone be nice now.

H/T to the OP and thanks for all the info.
Yup, just wait until this hits FatWallet! A matter of minutes. Yikes!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:07 pm

This is a great offer if you get the 2-for-1 voucher, but it will help to review the BA award chart before making assumptions about the value of 100k miles alone. There are good values, but also expensive ones you might not expect. For example, US-SYD is 140k in economy. First class US-Europe is 150k-180k. Also look at the distance-based award charts.

Last edited by rrgg; Nov 6, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.