Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:47 am

Applied last night. I was just notified that they pulled my credit this morning. How long would it take to know from here? Always wondered if it's an automated process all the way or is there some sort of human interaction with these decisions?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allergictocoach
Applied last night. I was just notified that they pulled my credit this morning. How long would it take to know from here? Always wondered if it's an automated process all the way or is there some sort of human interaction with these decisions?
In my experience, it's automated. With most cards, I have my approval and credit line a few seconds after clicking "Apply".
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:52 am
Suspended

Is this deal still valid? I'm thinking of applying. I'm a saver not a spender. Are there any low cost ways to spend $2k on this card? Can you buy cash cards or something or money orders that you can redeem. It would take me the better part of a year to dig up $2k worth of spending I could put on a credit card.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Hello

Can someone tell me how many miles require for USA - China?

Thanks!
Lee
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:07 am

Does anyone know if the BA cc offer will be available in Canada?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:11 am

miles flying anywhere

CAn i use these miles anywhere in the world that BA or there partner airlines fly, are there significant fuel surcharges and tax?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is ironic about this promo is what a terrible ff program BA runs -- it's sole value is to accumulate points via credit card spending, preferably by bonus. In addition to the fuel surcharge on rewards, check out their earning chart -- 25% of actual miles flown on ALL discounted coach tickets. Blech! Add in the screwy rules regarding their AA partnership, and who in their right mind in the US would belong to this program? I've seen some programs that can be better for credit card spenders than actual travellers (SPG comes to mind), but this takes it to the extreme.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...?link=main_nav
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
who in their right mind in the US would belong to this program?
A long answer would go way off topic here, but a short answer would be that BAEC is worthy of serious consideration for anyone who does a fair amount of paid, premium cabin flying on oneworld airlines (including BA a few times a year). It isn't a very interesting option (in terms of status and earning) for anyone who mainly flies in discount economy, regardless of where they are based. In that respect it is similar to some (but by no means all) of the other European FF programmes.

It is certainly something of a departure to see such a generous CC offer. If only BD and LH would follow suit...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
who in their right mind in the US would belong to this program?
I believe the answer to that is "Whomever is given 100,000 BA miles for $75."

OK, OK...I get that the program is lame, but we're still talking about 100,000 miles here.

I'm still wondering if they allow stopovers. Could one really do a week in Europe and a week in South America, all using one 100k R/T J award? Go ahead and jam me with bogus fuel fees...if that award is allowable, then 100k is definitely worth something to me. Or do they have a similar award structure to AA, effectively killing off the international hub stopover?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thegeneral
Is this deal still valid? I'm thinking of applying. I'm a saver not a spender. Are there any low cost ways to spend $2k on this card? Can you buy cash cards or something or money orders that you can redeem. It would take me the better part of a year to dig up $2k worth of spending I could put on a credit card.
I'm with you 100% - see the US Mint coin program. $2k in one order, no problem, no cost. Just deposit in your bank account.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Has anyone officially been denied? We hear about the 7-10 day wait and those who have been approved, however I'm yet to hear about anyone who has officially been denied.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
Originally Posted by moon4fun
Hello

Can someone tell me how many miles require for USA - China?

Thanks!
Lee
60k in Economy:
- to PVG: on BA metal if flying from east coast via LHR (plus several hundred dollars in fuel surcharges)
- to HKG: on Cathay Pacific via Vancouver if flying out from west coast
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:09 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by thegeneral
I'm a saver not a spender. Are there any low cost ways to spend $2k on this card? [...] It would take me the better part of a year to dig up $2k worth of spending I could put on a credit card.
Assuming that the above doesn't mean you have zero credit history, and therefore probably wouldn't get the card, it shouldn't really be too hard to divert $2,000 of spend onto it. Or do you really not have any outgoings? Fuel, utilities, phone, groceries, cable/satellite, hotels, books, music... some people here on FlyerTalk have even been rumoured to buy the occasional plane ticket.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P, BA Silver
Originally Posted by RedSox
Here is a direct link.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin

Here's the bad news.

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
I'm a current United Mileage Plus Visa from Chase. Will I still considered first-time card member and able to get 100k miles?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:19 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by kan148
I'm a current United Mileage Plus Visa from Chase. Will I still considered first-time card member and able to get 100k miles?
If you have not had a BA Visa from Chase then, if you apply successfully and go on to meet the spend requirements, can expect to get the bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.