Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262
have you tried looking at San Francisco? You could always just buy a positioning ticket there or back for a reasonable price.

also other options would be looking at stopping over in any of the AA/BA gateways (catching an AA flight over to Chicago or NY for a couple days and then taking BA over to London). For all you newbies to redeeming flights...you have to be creative...and FLEXIBLE Don't expect to be able to look and find tickets on your first try, you'll have to spend the time and effort especially for peak season travel.
While I may be new to FT, this isnt my first time out of the gate redeeming miles. And yes, I have checked with other cities, including San Diego, SFO, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, and LAX. Have not checked Chicago or NY.

Unfortunatly, I do not have control over a graduation date in July in England during peak season. If it were up to me, I would have scheduled it for Sept. but I wasnt consulted. And yes, I have spent alot of time and effort tying to make this work. Who would want to spend actual cash when they have enough miles for redemption? Not me. Thank you for your suggestions.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by jackg
UPDATE: As mentioned above, I called the 888 # after much debate because it sounded fishy. That call was placed yesterday @ 2PM. I just called the 800 # from the CHASE.COM website under their CONTACT US (Credit Card) # which was 800 432 3117. Feel free to go to CHASE.COM to verify.

The man I spoke to on the phone was American and took my social # and address, and boom my app was on file with his computer. Should know in about 1-2 weeks about approval/denial.

It's legit.
APPROVED!

Timeline thus far:

1/18/10: Called around 2PM to apply

1/22/10: Called Chase this morning (app status #), approved for 8K
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:33 am

Deleted
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkjkmc
While I may be new to FT, this isnt my first time out of the gate redeeming miles. And yes, I have checked with other cities, including San Diego, SFO, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, and LAX. Have not checked Chicago or NY.
Check ALL BA gateway cities - have you checked YYZ? 2 daily flights to LHR from YYZ. Though you may need to check with BA if you can get to YYZ on AA via DFW on the 90K BA C reward.

Why haven't you check ORD or NYC?

It is only the business class seats are difficult to find. Y seats shouldn't be this hard.

Since you are using BA to fly to LHR, you can use either AA or AS to get to your BA gateway city, and the domestic portion is included in your mileage requirement if it is deemed most direct routing.

Given your dates are fixed, you have no choice but really be creative.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:56 am

Thumbs up Recvd miles today

I put $2k worth of tuition on the card the day I received it. Just like others reported, the miles posted the day the statement closed.

The date of statement closing is listed when logging into your BA account.

Sorry for repeating what others have already said.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Happy

Since you are using BA to fly to LHR, you can use either AA or AS to get to your BA gateway city, and the domestic portion is included in your mileage requirement if it is deemed most direct routing.
Happy-

Would this hold up if one were using one of the free companion certs offered with 30k spending on the BA Visa cards? I know they require flights on BA metal but I was wondering (hoping) they'd allow a positioning flight to a BA gateway without buying another ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:26 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
My miles haven't posted yet.. but I applied in early Dec, just before heading off to India for a month. The card was waiting for me when I got home, but 1st statement had already posted. So I hope miles post with 2nd statement..
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
My husband and I each got our 100K miles. Tried to book a trip to England for our daughters gradution this summer......SOLD OUT! We cannot get a seat out of Seattle. If we fly out of vancouver, BC, we can get to London but not back. The soonest we can get back is 4 weeks. So, we have 325K miles (BA card and Alaska card) for 3 of us to go to the graduation and we are unable to use any of them. We have to purchase tix.
Have you tried searching outbound via YVR and inbound via other gateway cities? You do not have to leave and return via the same gateway.

Reading your other posts, I noticed you have only searched for those cities in the west-coast. In terms of award redemption, you need to exhaust all paths to find it, including the gateways Happy mentioned in the East Coast. It is a lot of work, but in the end you will get a free C ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Looks like the online deal has been dead awhile, and I see that the phone # seems to be dead as well? Has anyone successfully applied for the 100k offer in the past couple days?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just looked at BOS, EWR, DFW, and IAD, and found a smattering of availability on each throughout July (not great in any one case, but pretty good when viewed as a set). As others have suggested, you shouldn't give up so easily.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM & AA Gold and other stuff
Applied on 1/13
Approval confirmed 1/16 via phone; 25K limit
Card in hand 1/22
Activated today and confirmed 100K bonus will apply after necessary purchases.

Great deal! ^
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am drooling with envy at posters who have already received their bonus miles.

I received my card in Dec. Initially the club# was missing. After I fixed that, I have been using the card for quite a few purchases. But currently the account shows that my payment due date is Feb. 15 and it is still 0 (zero) payment due.

So when will I get the miles? When I finally get a statement that has $ amount due?

Will I run into any 3 months cutoff issue?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 2:42 pm

888# out of service

I just called 888-593-5212 and got a message that they're not accepting phone applications any more (and then the call terminates) - and no way to check status on the application I filed on January 16

Does anybody have a number or website url for checking status?

(thanks to moondog for the reply below - tried the number in the OP and was told by the automated system that my application hasn't been approved yet, I'll be notified in writing, etc.)

Last edited by 2Ruse; Jan 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm
Old Jan 23, 2010, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 2Ruse
I just called 888-593-5212 and got a message that they're not accepting phone applications any more (and then the call terminates) - and no way to check status on the application I filed on January 16

Does anybody have a number or website url for checking status?
Did you try the phone numbers listed in the OP?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Another datapoint - confirming as with others, full 100K posted two days after statement close. ^ First purchase on the card was a very large tax bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.