Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I also already spent the requirement on this card ($2k), however my statement will not close till mid-December, I am expecting 50k miles rightaway and another 50k in 6-8 weeks as stated in the T&C.
Don't hold your breath. I would not count on any miles depositing prior to 4 days after close of statement, when Chase reports activity to BAEC.

Even then probably 6-8 weeks after then.

This doesnt prevent you from making a payment and working the card to meet the 30k annual requirement for the "redeme one get two" annual spent requirement which is based on a calender year. The year is based on the Jan/Dec calender. This essentially makes the 100k miles into 200k miles.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:52 pm

got approved for the B A card yesterday. I have been tinkering around on the BAEC website quite a bit, but cannot confirm one way or the other if my 100k BA miles can be used to fly in the domestic U.S. on Alaskaair (AS).

I know I can fly domestically with AA , but not sure about AS (Seattle-California ideally)

Anyone have a clue?, before I get yelled at for clogging up the thread!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:09 pm

Address/identity verification

Like several other posters, I received a letter asking for a copy of my SS card and govt ID/utility bills. Did people who supplied the requested information end up getting approved? I was surprised by this request since I have a long credit history (15+ years) at my current address.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I app'd on the 21st and got my E-mails from BA yesterday and called the number today to find out I was approved. When does the clock for the 3 months for 2k start? I was goign to pay 3 months of daycare, but I don't want to miss my date and lose the extra 50k.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: spg gold
Originally Posted by vatali
I app'd on the 21st and got my E-mails from BA yesterday and called the number today to find out I was approved. When does the clock for the 3 months for 2k start? I was goign to pay 3 months of daycare, but I don't want to miss my date and lose the extra 50k.
I asked Chase and they said the clock is set 93 days from activation
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: spg gold
Originally Posted by glocklt4
yep. They said 8 records on me, and also that my balance/limit ratio was too high at 22% (i am working two 0% cards to earn interest). Anyway, i paid down a couple cards and am at 15% now. My credit age is over 10 years, so i'm fine there. Going to try and reapply again once my credit card statement hits and credit agencies are notified of balances.

Hopefully this deal sticks around for another week or so... we'll see. Anyone seen an expiration date?
Nov.30th
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Gold
Long time FT lurker, first time post.

Applied last week, cards came today- $25K approved!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:01 pm

I have seen a lot of people post that they got the statment about the "letter via US mail..." however I haven't seen any follow up. Does this mean I got turned down?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by flyingdr
Like several other posters, I received a letter asking for a copy of my SS card and govt ID/utility bills. Did people who supplied the requested information end up getting approved? I was surprised by this request since I have a long credit history (15+ years) at my current address.
See my earlier post #987. I was told they wouldn't have bothered with address verification if they were going to deny based on financial reasons.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:52 pm

Thanks; I didn't know if there might be a non-financial reason for them to deny and wondered if people who had been asked for address verification had run into any other problems. Honestly, sending in a photocopy of various documents doesn't seem to be the most rigorous form of checking someone's identity, so I thought it might just be a stalling tactic or something...
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
Here's the scoop.

$75 annual fee
50,000 miles with first purchase
50,000 miles after $2k in spend within 3 months
1.25 miles per dollar

And the best benefit aside from the signup bonus: every year that you spend $30k on the card you get a certificate for a free companion award redemption.

Read this thread since its first post, and many times since. Never read through from post 1 to the end though.
My app has been approved as it showed up in my Chase account. I still awaiting for the card to arrive. Read the reward details w/i the account, but it says nothing about the annual fee; the 50K after 1st purchase; and 50K after spending $2K.

Where did you get this detail, link? Thanks.
If it has posted somewhere and I missed it, sorry.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband received his credit card. I did not. My problems:
  • 2 Chase cards opened in last 6 months. Their policy is to only allow one. This would be the third.
  • Too many pulls on my credit card score by Chase and Citicard.

I need to have them close one of my new credit cards by the date of the original application. They claim both are active, though I think only one is. I worked today to charge the final amount I needed for the final bonus for one card. Once the charges have posted, I will select a new billing date online so that I can pay it off. Then I will call and have them cancel. They must be the ones to do it in order for me to open a new card.

I have an impeccable credit rating, so this has nothing to do with that. It's simply a matter of too many new cards.
Similar scenario here: My wife received hers a few days back. I called, suspecting that another Chase card I had opened just prior to applying for the BA card might be the culprit. A very nice "lending officer" confirmed my suspicion. I had not used the other card yet (even though I had "activated" the account), and the agent told me to shred the thing and she closed out the account. The other card had been for 25K, the BA card now will be for only 18K--she asked me whether that was OK. Very professional the whole transaction.

I was told my card would arrive in about a week to 10 days. Maldives, here we come. (or wherever.)
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:23 pm

Can fly on Alaska as part of a BA award itinerary?

Originally Posted by nearpost
got approved for the B A card yesterday. I have been tinkering around on the BAEC website quite a bit, but cannot confirm one way or the other if my 100k BA miles can be used to fly in the domestic U.S. on Alaskaair (AS). I know I can fly domestically with AA , but not sure about AS (Seattle-California ideally)!
I too have the same question and have been unable to get a clear answer through BA's webpage. Would anyone know if you can fly on Alaska as part of a BA award itinerary (e.g. Seattle-Vancouver or Seattle-LA on Alaska as part of an overall Seattle-Tokyo itinerary - using JAL for the Vancouver-Tokyo portion or AA for the LA-Tokyo portion)?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by WiseFlyer
My wife and I applied Saturday. I received a welcome email from Executive Club last night and an email with my PIN this morning. My wife has heard nothing. I guess it's time to call and inquire about both of us.
Update: I called the 800 number and the automated system told me I've been approved with $22,000 line. My wife was told hers is still pending, so she called the other number. The agent put her on hold for 60 seconds and came back to say he was recommending approval with a $10,000 line. She asked why I got so much more than her, even though our credit scores are nearly identical. he said he sees she's rarely used $10K on a card, and that she has a lot of cards that she opened and cancelled (thanks, Citi!), so he thinks this is a big enough line. When she asked if his recommendation is binding, he explained that unless there's a problem with her SSN or address not checking out, her card will be in the mail in 2-3 days.

Very, very nice.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
I asked Chase and they said the clock is set 93 days from activation
Hmmm! OP said: You have 93 days from APPROVAL (not application, not receipt of the card, not activation) to spend the $2000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.