Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I suggest that you write to MPO.
i did and they refused me. they said they already gave 65 CP per month as a relief
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by rienhart87
i just checked my account and nope, CX did not renew my gold....
Are your flights mainly on CX or other OW airlines? What class do you normally travel? And did you have any upcoming bookings? Interested to know the logic.

For my part, I was renewed at a bit under 900 CP to DM, I fly a mix of CX and other OW airlines (around 50/50), usually paid PE or Y (sometimes, though very rarely J). I had some upcoming long haul travel booked.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: CX Gold
My 30 CPs for Feb haven’t been credited yet as of this moment.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marco Polo Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Thank You

I was in HK on a transfer on January 28 & ground staff was as always great. Thanks for the Points & keep up the communication from my best FF Program.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by midlevels
Are your flights mainly on CX or other OW airlines? What class do you normally travel? And did you have any upcoming bookings? Interested to know the logic.

For my part, I was renewed at a bit under 900 CP to DM, I fly a mix of CX and other OW airlines (around 50/50), usually paid PE or Y (sometimes, though very rarely J). I had some upcoming long haul travel booked.
My flights are roughly 70% CX, 5% other OW airlines, 20% skyteam carriers like KL, AF, and GA and 5% star alliance. When I fly with CX, I always fly in J and occasionally PE. After qualifying for gold level, from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020, I flew DXB-HKG-CGK return in J, DXB-HKG-PVG return in J, DXB-HKG-YYZ in PE, and one way DXB-CMB with UL in Y. My last flight with CX was in first week of January 2020. And I don't have future booking with them because by then the outbreak was in full swing in mainland china and they started to reduce their flights. So I will be flying in March but it will be with EY, NZ, TN, and QF.

Just to add some data point, I have been gold or silver consistently since 2004

Last edited by rienhart87; Mar 2, 2020 at 12:04 am Reason: added more info
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
i did and they refused me. they said they already gave 65 CP per month as a relief
Originally Posted by midlevels

My flights are roughly 70% CX, 5% other OW airlines, 20% skyteam carriers like KL, AF, and GA and 5% star alliance. When I fly with CX, I always fly in J and occasionally PE. After qualifying for gold level, from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020, I flew DXB-HKG-CGK return in J, DXB-HKG-PVG return in J, DXB-HKG-YYZ in PE, and one way DXB-CMB with UL in Y. My last flight with CX was in first week of January 2020. And I don't have future booking with them because by then the outbreak was in full swing in mainland china and they started to reduce their flights. So I will be flying in March but it will be with EY, NZ, TN, and QF.

Just to add some data point, I have been gold or silver consistently since 2004
Very very sorry to hear that and cannot understand the logic.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Anyone know's what's "VOC AML Crediting" for 350 Asia Miles?

No CP yet either.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Voice of the Customer probably. You probably did some survey that gave you asia miles.
ernestnywang and infinitium like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:26 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Anyone know's what's "VOC AML Crediting" for 350 Asia Miles?

No CP yet either.
Originally Posted by sxc
Voice of the Customer probably. You probably did some survey that gave you asia miles.
https://downloads.asiamiles.com/care...Researcher.pdf
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: CX DM
Yay! Feb CPR of 140 CP credited today!
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:38 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by marcuslai
Yay! Feb CPR of 140 CP credited today!
I got mine too, about 30mins ago.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: Marco Polo club
Originally Posted by blum81
I got mine too, about 30mins ago.
yeah I got mine too.
Juicy
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
got mine credited this morning - 140 as diamond and I was at 1230, so the next two more will get me to 1700... wonder if they will continue past April given cancellations keep growing
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Got mine yesterday I was at 1190 last February. The February points relief pushed me past the DM renewal, I'm currently now at 1330....If I wait for March and April's points relief I'll be at 1610 which means I get the 4 BUDs. Having read how hard these bookable upgrades are...I'm not even sure if it's "worth" it, if I request for a reset now, at least I have 280 already locked in for 2021-2022.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
This gift is making me(us) replan our CP earning, posting and resetting strategies.
Does any know the exact dates when these gifts will be posted for March and April?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.