Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
"Plus reissuing Lounge Passes to expire +6 months."

For Lounge Passes, Bookable Upgrades and Gold Companion Card nominations that expire in February, March or April 2020, we are reissuing these benefits for another 6 months so you can enjoy them when your travel resumes. The reissue of mid-tier benefits will take 7 working days from the date of expiry.

AND:

We will continue to monitor the situation beyond April and will announce any changes at the appropriate time.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
My initial thought: smart move

Gets you started / closer to your status threshold/mid tier benefits, so..

I hit 1600 beginning of Feb, and my membership resets end of the month- so the 140 for Feb are a bit of a waste

not complaining..but reckon I could call and reset now, so that the 140 gets added to the new year?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:03 pm

Was hoping for a full year extension, but I suppose that was wishful thinking

If I calculate right, that means a GO like me would be getting 65+65+65= 195 free points, out of the 550 CP needed to renew.
Hopefully they re-evaluate and continue to extend this past March, given covid-19 is spreading beyond Asia w/no signs of slowing down.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:12 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by jagmeets
My initial thought: smart move

Gets you started / closer to your status threshold/mid tier benefits, so..

I hit 1600 beginning of Feb, and my membership resets end of the month- so the 140 for Feb are a bit of a waste

not complaining..but reckon I could call and reset now, so that the 140 gets added to the new year?
I would call and reset now for sure to gain that 140 points for next membership year!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Originally Posted by infinitium

If I calculate right, that means a GO like me would be getting 65+65+65= 195 free points, out of the 550 CP needed to renew.
Hopefully they re-evaluate and continue to extend this past March, given covid-19 is spreading beyond Asia w/no signs of slowing down.
Problem with extending for a full year is that im assuming that gives way to even more diamonds coming in since now it would take 2 years to make 1200 points.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I believe the requirement is still 600?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldLoyalist
Problem with extending for a full year is that im assuming that gives way to even more diamonds coming in since now it would take 2 years to make 1200 points.
In the year of SARS, CX extended everyone for a full year, but you still only had the second membership year to earn what you would need for the subsequent (third) membership year.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
As a counterpoint; SQ extended my PPS status for a year.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:36 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I wonder why the email comes from the Head of Loyalty, and not the head of the Marco Polo Club - and why are there even these two roles? Aren't they the same?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:37 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
As a counterpoint; SQ extended my PPS status for a year.
CX has to stress that everything they do is more complicated, and nothing is given for free...
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Personally, I think the fairest way is to give us 1/12 of the required tier points (or 10% if CX wants to be nicer) for every month where many flights are cancelled and people are unable to travel. For example, 25~30 / 50~60 / 100~120 points for SL / GO / DM, respectively in Feb. and another installment in Mar. If some people get mid-tier benefit as a result, they can think of it as a nice gesture.
I know this is quintessential Chunibyo (中二病, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%ABniby%C5%8D) behaviour, but I can't stop it. I'm so proud of myself.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:42 pm

They'll extend it if covid-19 is still an issue (which seems far from a given), and they won't if it isn't. Seems very reasonable.
This is great news considering I'm still traveling plenty with Cathay - I had assumed they would do a membership year extension which wouldn't help me much
jagmeets likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I wonder why the email comes from the Head of Loyalty, and not the head of the Marco Polo Club - and why are there even these two roles? Aren't they the same?
Wondered the same- looking up LinkedIn, he’s been in the role for 1.5 years- so some of the angst on this forum, including by yourself truly, might have been misdirected!

Some bureaucracy this! Be interesting to know the job scope for the 2 roles.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Personally, I think the fairest way is to give us 1/12 of the required tier points (or 10% if CX wants to be nicer) for every month where many flights are cancelled and people are unable to travel. For example, 25~30 / 50~60 / 100~120 points for SL / GO / DM, respectively in Feb. and another installment in Mar. If some people get mid-tier benefit as a result, they can think of it as a nice gesture.
by the way, just in case you’re looking for a career change- there’s an organization out there, that thinks quite the way you do!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Did anyone notice that it wasn't the Marco Polo Club manager who signed it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.