Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I was hoping their gesture of club points relief (or extension) would also apply to extending some expiring miles...

I called just now and the agent said that they cannot renew miles unless I pay the renewal fee. I'm not sure if I should have asked for the supervisor and mentioned the coronavirus thing going on. I have 40K miles expiring in April (earned way back in 2017). Renewal fee would be $800. The two night hotel that the 40K can potentially get me is only worth about $300-$500, depending on the chain.

(Looking back, I was gold for several years, and renewed my status in 2017. I ended up not flying a single OneWorld flight after my last renewal because I moved to AS territory, and AS and AA had just divorced at that time.)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
hmm i appreciate the effort from CX but this does not really help me to maintain Gold. I was at 500, they credited 65, now I am 565 but my membership year ends on February 29. I called them to ask for extension but they said at the moment they can't do anything.. oh well.. not my luck
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rienhart87
hmm i appreciate the effort from CX but this does not really help me to maintain Gold. I was at 500, they credited 65, now I am 565 but my membership year ends on February 29. I called them to ask for extension but they said at the moment they can't do anything.. oh well.. not my luck
my experience is that if you just fall off 35pt to renew gold, cx usually will renew it for you. Let’s see
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, SQ Krisflyer Elite Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I low key wished that they’d also add more mid tier benefits above 1800. Sitting on 500 and renewal not until jan2021, with extra 420 within the three months, can practically renew in July given the 300+ or so CP worth of travel over the next few months. But quite appreciative for their gesture.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club/Asia Miles
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
Best news for members with cycle that starts in Feb! Yey me!
My cycle ends in April. I called them yesterday to do an early reset so I can benefit from the CPR (lol) scheme and they agreed to it.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ieuan1
Any word on allowing an extension of time on points expiring? If you have MPO points expiring over the next few months, there might not be that many ways to use them.
You mean AM (redeemable miles) or MPO (club points)?

Originally Posted by boybi
I’m at 295 points, membership year until 31 March. Does this mean the 30pts each for Feb and March will just go to waste?
Unfortunately, yes. Perhaps you can ask for an early renewal (like others did) but your next membership year will also end sooner.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:34 am

Does Cathay ever allow carrying over club points? I was sitting at 580 club points with membership due for resetting February 29. I received the 65 club points yesterday and now I’m at 645 points so I’m set to “lose” the 45 points.

I know it was a gift to begin with but can’t help but ask
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Personally, I think the fairest way is to give us 1/12 of the required tier points (or 10% if CX wants to be nicer) for every month where many flights are cancelled and people are unable to travel. For example, 25~30 / 50~60 / 100~120 points for SL / GO / DM, respectively in Feb. and another installment in Mar. If some people get mid-tier benefit as a result, they can think of it as a nice gesture.
Brilliant job on this! Me wonders if CX was just googling "MPC", "coronavirus", "member", "extension" found your suggestion and said "Yup, that seems reasonable." 😃
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: Marco Polo club
Originally Posted by suziemay
Does Cathay ever allow carrying over club points? I was sitting at 580 club points with membership due for resetting February 29. I received the 65 club points yesterday and now I’m at 645 points so I’m set to “lose” the 45 points.

club points won’t be brought to next membership year as I know.
Anyway good luck fellow!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by suziemay

If next year you are less than 45 points short, CX will usually let you renew, but no one can guarantee.

Originally Posted by kijhkijh
Brilliant job on this! Me wonders if CX was just googling "MPC", "coronavirus", "member", "extension" found your suggestion and said "Yup, that seems reasonable." 😃
CX should give me lifetime DM as a token of appreciation

Last edited by sxc; Feb 27, 2020 at 4:51 pm Reason: Remove off topic portion
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
CX should give me lifetime DM as a token of appreciation
Would that be your lifetime or CX's lifetime?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Would that be your lifetime or CX's lifetime?
OMG don't scare me like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Shy of 900 CP, my DM was automatically renewed for another year till Feb 2021, without any request on my end.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by midlevels
Shy of 900 CP, my DM was automatically renewed for another year till Feb 2021, without any request on my end.
did you received the 140pts before or after the renewal?

i received my email last Wednesday but haven’t received any points into my account.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
did you received the 140pts before or after the renewal?

i received my email last Wednesday but haven’t received any points into my account.
If your club membership expires in Feb 2020, you will receive first month's bonus in Feb 2020. Otherwise, you will get it in March 2020. That is, if your membership does not expire in Feb 2020, you will receive 2 * 140 in March 2020, and another 140 in April 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.