Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I would call and reset now for sure to gain that 140 points for next membership year!
I called- they said they’ll do- but...the 140CPs for Feb just hit the account!!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by jagmeets
I called- they said they’ll do- but...the 140CPs for Feb just hit the account!!
WHAT? Before your membership is being reset? That is ridiculous!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
WHAT? Before your membership is being reset? That is ridiculous!
yeah- don’t know if it was because of my call, or, just 2 separate processes with ridiculously annoying timing.

will email them..
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sxc
I wonder why the email comes from the Head of Loyalty, and not the head of the Marco Polo Club - and why are there even these two roles? Aren't they the same?
from what I know MPO Manager reports to Head of Loyalty. Was wondering the same thing....
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Did anyone notice that it wasn't the Marco Polo Club manager who signed it?
Several people, if you read the posts above yours
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by jagmeets
yeah- don’t know if it was because of my call, or, just 2 separate processes with ridiculously annoying timing.

will email them..
Perhaps it is because your current membership expires in Feb 2020? Quoting the official email from CX:

If your membership is expiring in February 2020, your additional club points will be credited to your account by the end of February. If your membership is not expiring in February, you will receive your additional club points for February in March. Club points relief for March and April will be credited by the end of each month.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: Marco Polo club
Just got an email from MPC.
Club points relief per month in February, March and April 2020, based on your current tier*
• Diamond 140 club points
• Gold 65 club points
• Silver 30 club points
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bagold
Just got an email that they will give me 140 points per month for Feb, March & April. Not that I need it but I guess a decent gesture. So easier to re-qualify for everyone?
dont think it is easier to re-qualify as no one knows when this virus thing ll last for and I have cancel most of my trips already. Plus cx also cancel so many flights. Basically everything is in a mess

I’d be happier if they just simply extend one year so that everyone no need to worry about it and can pay full attention to prevent the spread of this coronavirus.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Looking at it, the points relief plan brings members a third of their tier points (based on their current levels) across levels. I do think this is a decent gesture for the members. See what they do if the situation does not improve.
royng likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by bobbytables
They'll extend it if covid-19 is still an issue (which seems far from a given), and they won't if it isn't. Seems very reasonable.
This is great news considering I'm still traveling plenty with Cathay - I had assumed they would do a membership year extension which wouldn't help me much
but if CX have to cancel 70% of their flights for 6 months, how much money they will lose?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
I am sitting on 350 points with flights that will take me to almost 600 points ticketed by May. With this 195 points, I am going to have a hard time deciding how to remove the FFP ref and retro claim the flights,

trips in Mar
sin-hkg 45 points
Feb comp 65 points

trips in Apr
sin-hkg 40 points
sin-hkg-sfo 120 points
Mar comp 65 points

trips in May
sin- Hkg 40 points
Apr comp 65 points.

membership expires May 31. Guess I should not add my FFP from April onwards and retro clam?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
I am sitting on 350 points with flights that will take me to almost 600 points ticketed by May. With this 195 points, I am going to have a hard time deciding how to remove the FFP ref and retro claim the flights,

trips in Mar
sin-hkg 45 points
Feb comp 65 points

trips in Apr
sin-hkg 40 points
sin-hkg-sfo 120 points
Mar comp 65 points

trips in May
sin- Hkg 40 points
Apr comp 65 points.

membership expires May 31. Guess I should not add my FFP from April onwards and retro clam?
wouldn’t the points accrual date be the date of the flight regardless of when you claim?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:02 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by infinitium
Was hoping for a full year extension, but I suppose that was wishful thinking

If I calculate right, that means a GO like me would be getting 65+65+65= 195 free points, out of the 550 CP needed to renew.
Hopefully they re-evaluate and continue to extend this past March, given covid-19 is spreading beyond Asia w/no signs of slowing down.
Damn.. I obviously read their email too fast because I thought it was only 140CP total they would be giving to Diamond members. Originally I thought "that's it?" but now it changes things for me.

I'm sitting at 560CP right now.

So 560+140+140+140 = 980.

With a longhaul back to YVR soon i'll be just under the 1200 mark, with a renewal of July 2020
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:03 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by blum81
Damn.. I obviously read their email too fast because I thought it was only 140CP total they would be giving to Diamond members. Originally I thought "that's it?" but now it changes things for me.
You’re not the only one to think that
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by bobbytables
wouldn’t the points accrual date be the date of the flight regardless of when you claim?
exactly the case that’s why I am wondering if I could and should not add my FFP to my later bookings so that I would go in to my next membership year nicely at 600

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.