Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Has anyone got April relief points yet? March ones were posted on 12th
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by avm2806
Has anyone got April relief points yet? March ones were posted on 12th
Just checked, no club points being credited yet.
Also I wonder why it takes CX so long to tell us what would happen after April? Many other major airlines have already announced their elite membership and other benefits extension.
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Just checked, no club points being credited yet.
Also I wonder why it takes CX so long to tell us what would happen after April? Many other major airlines have already announced their elite membership and other benefits extension.
Managed to send Jessica and email, unfortunately it seems she is on leave.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Apr 16, 2020 at 1:09 am
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: CXDM
Its in the bag! We have renewal finally!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tehbing
Finally!!!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
finallyyyyyyy!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by tehbing
Got the email too! Very happy!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: Asia Miles
What happens to the points tho? They've been giving relieve points, do they just carry over?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:56 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by woutr
What happens to the points tho? They've been giving relieve points, do they just carry over?
Same question here, was originally hoping for "extension" of membership year, so it would make it easier to get to the next tier. But the use of the word "renewal" suggests a point reset
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:57 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
just received this email.

Dear Mr ,

Since I last wrote you about our club points relief scheme, the COVID-19 situation has evolved into a global pandemic, and many countries have instituted travel bans and restrictions to curb transmission of the disease. This in turn has lowered demand and we have reduced our capacity by 97% across our passenger network in April.

Renewal of your club tier
Knowing this has seriously affected your ability to travel, we will renew your Diamond status for another 12 months when it expires this year, even if the normal renewal requirement has not been met.

With possible delays in postal service, your membership pack for the new membership year may take some time to reach you, so I would encourage you to download our mobile app and use the digital membership card.

Reissuing of mid-tier benefits
We will also reissue any unused mid-tier benefits that expire between May and December 2020 for another 12 months, so you can enjoy them when your travel resumes. The reissue should take 7 working days from the date of expiry.

We hope you and your family remain healthy and safe, and we thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,
FlyPointyEnd and Duhh like this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:06 am

Here are the summaries of two emails that I got (one for me, one for my girlfriend).

My girlfriend's membership year expires on 30 Sep 2020. The email to her confirmed that her Club Tier would be renewed for another 12 months (she is only Green), and unused mid-tier benefits would be extended for another 12 months.

My membership year expires on 31 Jan 2021. I am Diamond. The email to me only confirmed that unused mid-tier benefits would be extended for another 12 months. There was no mention of renewal of Club Tier.
blum81 and HKGglobaltrotter like this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:10 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Here are the summaries of two emails that I got (one for me, one for my girlfriend).

My girlfriend's membership year expires on 30 Sep 2020. The email to her confirmed that her Club Tier would be renewed for another 12 months (she is only Green), and unused mid-tier benefits would be extended for another 12 months.

My membership year expires on 31 Jan 2021. I am Diamond. The email to me only confirmed that unused mid-tier benefits would be extended for another 12 months. There was no mention of renewal of Club Tier.
Interesting. Seems not everyone is equal in terms of what they get.

My diamond membership expires July 2020.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon

Seems you missed aDec 31, 2020 cut off?

i am DM and my member year expires dec 31, 2020. I got the renewal email.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:16 am

So April club point relief is no more. Great....
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
I am DM with a renewal in Feb 2021. Got the email with no mention of renewal.

Not quite fair on the part of CX to leave out those renewing in Jan-Mar/Apr 2021. Our membership year has been hampered just as much as someone renewing in, say, Dec 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.