Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: WOH Globalist, AA Platinum, CX DM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold Preferred
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Seems you missed aDec 31, 2020 cut off?

i am DM and my member year expires dec 31, 2020. I got the renewal email.
Actually, I do wonder if they will still inject the point relief of Apr as promised earlier (since they are renewing the status anyway), but of course, it would make a difference for those aiming for tier upgrade or mid tier benefit.
They mentioned nothing in this regard actually...
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by sparkj
Same question here, was originally hoping for "extension" of membership year, so it would make it easier to get to the next tier. But the use of the word "renewal" suggests a point reset
I am Green with 240 club points (valid until Oct 2020) and this email means nothing to me if my club points are not carrying over.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by ultrawin
I am Green with 240 club points (valid until Oct 2020) and this email means nothing to me if my club points are not carrying over.
Renewal of your club tier
Knowing this has seriously affected your ability to travel, we will renew your Silver status for another 12 months when it expires this year, even if the normal renewal requirement has not been met.
With this I also don't see any benefit of the relieve points they've previously have given.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ultrawin
So April club point relief is no more. Great....
it didnt say, I think they will still credit tha points relief for April.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:24 am

My membership year will end in June, the paragraph of my email reads

Knowing this has seriously affected your ability to travel, we will renew your Diamond status for another 12 months when it expires this year, even if the normal renewal requirement has not been met.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by blum81
just received this email.

Dear Mr ,

Since I last wrote you about our club points relief scheme, the COVID-19 situation has evolved into a global pandemic, and many countries have instituted travel bans and restrictions to curb transmission of the disease. This in turn has lowered demand and we have reduced our capacity by 97% across our passenger network in April.

Knowing this has seriously affected your ability to travel, we will renew your Diamond status for another 12 months when it expires this year, even if the normal renewal requirement has not been met.

With possible delays in postal service, your membership pack for the new membership year may take some time to reach you, so I would encourage you to download our mobile app and use the digital membership card.

Reissuing of mid-tier benefits
We will also reissue any unused mid-tier benefits that expire between May and December 2020 for another 12 months, so you can enjoy them when your travel resumes. The reissue should take 7 working days from the date of expiry.

We hope you and your family remain healthy and safe, and we thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,
I guess they are done sending out Green membership card this year...or forever, which I couldn't care less.

Green Member Wording:

Knowing this has seriously affected your ability to travel, we will renew your Green status for another 12 months when it expires this year.

We encourage you to download our mobile app and use the digital membership card, where your new membership validity period will be reflected.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
I am DM with a renewal in Feb 2021. Got the email with no mention of renewal.

Not quite fair on the part of CX to leave out those renewing in Jan-Mar/Apr 2021. Our membership year has been hampered just as much as someone renewing in, say, Dec 2020.
Mine expires in March 2021. I have not received any email. Our government has advised that we can't go anywhere overseas this year.

Last edited by Ozchinois; Apr 16, 2020 at 4:12 am
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
My membership year will end in June, the paragraph of my email reads
My membership year ends in Nov, however, I have already re-qualified DM but am trying to reach the last mid-tiered benefit (GO Companion). I guess I will only benefit on this 12-month renewal if I do not reset my membership earlier than Nov...
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
My membership year ends in Nov, however, I have already re-qualified DM but am trying to reach the last mid-tiered benefit (GO Companion). I guess I will only benefit on this 12-month renewal if I do not reset my membership earlier than Nov...
yeah...I'll be at 1600 after the points relief gets credited. I was thinking of doing an early renewal in May in case they give more points relief, but since they opted for a renewal, I'll just wait for June. (don't think we will be traveling before then.)
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Seems you missed aDec 31, 2020 cut off?

i am DM and my member year expires dec 31, 2020. I got the renewal email.
I also think I missed the boat on this one. But, after Club Relief points post for April, I will be at 1,125 CP. Should be easy to fly the remaining 75 CP some time this year to renew Diamond. Even if I do not get these remaining 75 CP, I am reasonably confident to get auto-renewed when my membership expires; I have been flying in excess of 1,600 CP for the past few years.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Will they carry over points or reset club points to 0?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by woutr
What happens to the points tho? They've been giving relieve points, do they just carry over?
Same question here. If Covid plays itself into next year and I am unable to fly, then the gold card will only look nice on paper
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
The March points arrived unexpectedly early in our accounts so I went over 1,800 and decided to renew my year early. It was meant to be in August but I switched it to early April because any further points I received were going to be wasted. Perhaps I shouldn't have since I got the email that my nine upgrade vouchers were being extended for a year (good news) but nothing about getting an automatic renewal of my (recently-shortened) membership year!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Same here. My year lasts until Feb 2021 and there's no mention of extension
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
Will they carry over points or reset club points to 0?
Wording implies reset will happen as it does every year just that they will renew your current status for another year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.