Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Weird they credited the March points mid month. Had thought that they they would credit end month
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by HaikalS
I did an early reset as I had hit 1800 by accident (forgot to change the FFP to AS). It was a little serendipitous - I reset just before the club points relief hit
I'll just wait for April as I didnt expect March to get credited and I'm at 1470, might as well get the bookable upgrades
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tos2018
According to CX's mail, I guess the march and april relied will come on 31/3 and 30/4 respectively.
cheers.
Maybe you should stay away from Happy Valley?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Weird they credited the March points mid month. Had thought that they they would credit end month
Same here. Well, this is annoying for me, as I had just flown enough flights to get back to DM, so my plan had been to fly my flights, call in, ask to be upgraded, and collect the March relief points based on the new tier (DM). Guess it wasn’t meant to be and that I shouldn’t be greedy. CX have been very good to me recently, so I shan’t complain anymore. Still confused as to why they chose to give the relief points in the middle of the month, but the MCP agent i just spoke to said that everyone got them on the same day, so I would have no case to ask for an exception anyway.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is hard to play in a game where your opponent is the one who can make or change the rules.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
They’re definitely going to have to do something beyond April.

Anyone here want to guess what’s coming next? Is it more relief points and/or just a blanket expiry extension? Or something else?

ernestnywang dare to put your perfect prediction record on the line?
flubber and HKGglobaltrotter like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by QRC3288
ernestnywang dare to put your perfect prediction record on the line?
Haha I was just lucky. I would guess continuous relief points. This is much safer to play and if it continues for 9~10 months, it starts to become extension for everyone. CX can adjust the amount of relief points based on how severely the network is impacted as well.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:33 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Haha I was just lucky. I would guess continuous relief points. This is much safer to play and if it continues for 9~10 months, it starts to become extension for everyone. CX can adjust the amount of relief points based on how severely the network is impacted as well.
The continuous relief points are actually helping me renew my diamond. If there was no virus I'd be short this year of renewing Diamond by about 110CP. Now I'll make it and probably end up getting renewed early. Not complaining at all.
tentseller likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blum81
The continuous relief points are actually helping me renew my diamond. If there was no virus I'd be short this year of renewing Diamond by about 110CP. Now I'll make it and probably end up getting renewed early. Not complaining at all.
The biggest beneficiary of this policy are the boarder line DMs like us.
blum81 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhor...irus-outbreak/

Please, one more month of 140CP and DM renewal will be a slam dunk.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by tentseller
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhor...irus-outbreak/

Please, one more month of 140CP and DM renewal will be a slam dunk.
Forbes is basically rent-a-blog at this point. You can essentially dismiss the entire publication as nonsense at this point.

The implication - green shoots, maybe CX needs to add capacity, etc. - is nonsense. They have added a few flights here and there to cope with very sporadic and unpredictable spikes demand to certain key cities with a large HK-connected population (certain cities in the USA and London, basically). Those spikes are very limited and very much one-and-done. The article rightly points out HK doesn’t seem so bad anymore considering the coronavirus is everywhere in the world now, but otherwise is just plain silly. CX is getting crushed here and it’s going to continue for a while (and get worse too)...to imply anything else is a farce. The line that Cathay is “Rushing” to add capacity back is erroneous.

Things are getting much much worse in CX land, not better. I expect some pretty ominous and sad corporate announcements forthcoming. Rest assured those announcements are basically the opposite of what’s implied in that article. Your odds for more relief in some form are very ‘safe’! Maybe multiple more stages of CP relief.
tfung likes this.

Last edited by QRC3288; Mar 15, 2020 at 8:15 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
I got mine early too. Posted 12 March.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by avm2806
I got mine early too. Posted 12 March.
Strange, got my points March 3 and 12...
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by eagle215
Strange, got my points March 3 and 12...
The first one is for Feb. Members whose membership cycle doesn't end in Feb. got the Feb. points in early Mar.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: CX Gold
Given that Cathay will axe 96% flights in April and May, we should expect two more doses of complimentary club points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.