Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by jagmeets
yeah- don’t know if it was because of my call, or, just 2 separate processes with ridiculously annoying timing.

will email them..
The latter. My tier status expires at end of Feb too and I was credited with the 140 CP today too. So it's just unlucky timing for you.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by bobbytables
wouldn’t the points accrual date be the date of the flight regardless of when you claim?
That's not how MPO works. It is based on when the flight is credited.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
That's not how MPO works. It is based on when the flight is credited.
thanks, that's very useful to know!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:28 am

MPC's generosity will work out well for me. Having re-qualified for Diamond, I reset the clock last month in Jan and current membership year expires end of Jan 2021. Right now, I am sitting on 705 CP, and have 400 CP of flights in coming 3 months. Add 140 x 3 MPC relief points, and I will already be at 1,525 CP by end of May. Will easily reach 1,600 CP for the bookable upgrades. Will then look to accumulate status on a second program.
royng likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Best news for members with cycle that starts in Feb! Yey me!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:17 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
As a counterpoint; SQ extended my PPS status for a year.
Well, CX just extended my MPC status for another year-because I'm only Green and they're giving me a total of 30 points, 10 per month.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:12 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
Maybe members like midlevels and jagmeets can apply to have their membership years retrospectively reset as if they applied to do so in January? They didn't know this was going to happen...
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: Marco Polo club
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
yeah
same here
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by midlevels
The latter. My tier status expires at end of Feb too and I was credited with the 140 CP today too. So it's just unlucky timing for you.
Originally Posted by percysmith
Maybe members like midlevels and jagmeets can apply to have their membership years retrospectively reset as if they applied to do so in January? They didn't know this was going to happen...
Yep- just the timing, as per the chat with the agent below>

So I got a call back about an hour later- ostensibly to clarify that I’d be losing all my club points upon reset (had confirmed when I had called in- anyway) -1750 is close to the next mid tier benefit after all- she was checking on my flights’ tomorrow, in case I’d be better off not resetting.

Sharp agent, with the smarts that I tend to stereotype HK’ers with, tried explaining that once reset, points can’t be changed over to the ‘new year’, but took all of 10 seconds to realize that ‘oh, if you had reset yesterday, you would be at 140 already’...they’ll call me back.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Nothing much to add...smart move by CX. I don’t benefit much, I’ll probably just reset a few months earlier than normal but it’s nice for Mrs. QRC who does <1,500 CP per year. This means she can definitely do one of her Europe trips this year on EK instead and still get DM. (Actually I really feel this is a nice move by CX and a smart one. Despite the cheeky comment.)Great thread here with informative content from a lot of regulars! The jagmeets situation is especially interesting.

(Special props to earnestnywang what a prediction)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by mmaddog

Club points relief per month in February, March and April 2020, based on your current tier*
• Diamond 140 club points
• Gold 65 club points
• Silver 30 club points
.....[/i]
I finally have something from CX to appreciate
(ok, maybe besides their lounges and flight schedule before the virus)...
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Maybe it's time to rejoin MPC for 2-year Green and ditch AAdvantage
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Nothing much to add...smart move by CX. I don’t benefit much, I’ll probably just reset a few months earlier than normal but it’s nice for Mrs. QRC who does <1,500 CP per year. This means she can definitely do one of her Europe trips this year on EK instead and still get DM. (Actually I really feel this is a nice move by CX and a smart one. Despite the cheeky comment.)Great thread here with informative content from a lot of regulars! The jagmeets situation is especially interesting.

(Special props to earnestnywang what a prediction)
or..Mrs QRC could shoot for 4x bookable upgrades!

(yes, smart move- might turn out to be a decent driver for a V shaped recovery, or, pointless, ...time will tell- but at this point, with the data on hand, smart indeed I think).

update here: call back with promises of an easy renewal if I’m short next year, but no commitment about mid tier benefits. They’ll escalate & see.

again, time will tell- I might end up being close to 1800, with wife not having any travel (making the companion gold card somewhat valuable), or, you might see me being grateful for CX’s generosity for an easy renewal for my 11th year as DM in ‘21 (grr- the math!)

Time, will tell!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: CX Diamond; OZ Diamond;QF
Mileage Points Expiring

Any word on allowing an extension of time on points expiring? If you have MPO points expiring over the next few months, there might not be that many ways to use them.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I’m at 295 points, membership year until 31 March. Does this mean the 30pts each for Feb and March will just go to waste?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.