Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by ab007
I'm struggling to find these at the moment... what sort of date ranges should I be looking at, any starting cities in particular?

Thanks.
Seems I've answered my own question lol.

All FRA, DUS, MUC etc. showing similar fares. Some are slightly cheaper but ultimately the positioning flight would probably determine the best location (cost wise at least).

I will certainly be playing around with this... looking for a TP run in the summer to include BA001.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
Originally Posted by continentalclub
The Low Fare Finder can lag the actual loading of fares slightly, but in your case I don't think it's an issue as, per the fare rules:

What we seem to be looking at is a premium sale with outbound dates that cover multiple 'holiday' periods in one go, rather than the usual one-at-a-time scenario. As your outbound date is in a non-holiday period, you're looking at more normal fares.
thank you for this...! oh well!
Old May 15, 2013, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by ab007
Seems I've answered my own question lol.

All FRA, DUS, MUC etc. showing similar fares. Some are slightly cheaper but ultimately the positioning flight would probably determine the best location (cost wise at least).

I will certainly be playing around with this... looking for a TP run in the summer to include BA001.
Yeah same here.. trying to find anything reasonable that flies their LCY-JFK business only airbus in both directions... but no luck yet
Old May 15, 2013, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Fortunately the OH spotted the latest inputs on this thread … thank you FT, as always!!

Jersey>LGW>Jamaica in CW for £999 [almost the some price in WT+) next Jan/Feb, and fortunately coinciding with a 2-for-1/50% offer at the Sandals resort we want. Net cost £5,200 for 10 days AI luxury and winter warmth - booking later once she gets back from lunch!

(Edit: Booked with BA Holidays. Price tracking over the last year or more had this combination coming in at between £6.8 and £8.5, so a really good deal.)

Last edited by T8191; May 15, 2013 at 9:25 am
Old May 15, 2013, 6:14 am

What's an INCEU28 fare? Getting a good fare in October, wondering if its a sale.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Poxball
What's an INCEU28 fare? Getting a good fare in October, wondering if its a sale.
Route?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't spend a ton of time on the BA forums, so this may already be out there, but there's 10% off BA flights if you have the Chase BA Visa:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-ba-visa.html
Old May 15, 2013, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Poxball
It's usually a 28 day advance purchase fare from mainland Europe, booking into I Class. It can be a particularly good 'sale' fare, but it doesn't have to be.

As Globaliser says, route details would be useful in checking your particular fare.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by flashware
Interesting to note they seem to be the ex-BMI destinations.
Not really - 2 out of the 11.

Good sale, though.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:17 pm

Good sale I hope it can extend to dates outside of those holiday period though!!!! One can hope hey!
Old May 17, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Bagged r/t to Hamburg in CE for £168 including my 15% off discount code....nice 80TP....was going to look at Basel...but opted for the cheapest as i just need enough to keep my bronze card....just a cheapo hotel for a sat night and im away! Just wish i could book more....sadly (in a good way) Baby C will be here in Nov so ill be banished from FT....till next year
Old May 17, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Just booked MAN-ORD-DFW-TPA (I,A,A) and MCO-DFW-ORD-MAN (A,A,I) return for £1600 and 520TPs over Christmas, so we can either fly drive in Florida or take a cruise with NCL. Good step towards renewing my Gold.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: Meh
Checked on Friday and quoted an excellent 2000 euro from SNN-LHR-PEK, for July trip. Now it is back to normal, did they load just a few seats in this premium sale? I have checked numerous dates and all fares are back to non-sale fares. Any ideas if the sale fares may reappear?

Last edited by stevie; May 20, 2013 at 5:39 am
Old May 24, 2013, 5:09 am

Just noticed some excellent WTP fares to BKK in May, June, September and October of just £899.

Not sure whether it's a competitor match, sale or whatever... but in the last sale WTP was £1,200 and I don't recall seeing WTP fares anywhere near this low since at least 2009.

So if you don't mind going a bit off-season, it's hard to resist!
Old May 24, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Just noticed some excellent WTP fares to BKK in May, June, September and October of just £899.

Not sure whether it's a competitor match, sale or whatever... but in the last sale WTP was £1,200 and I don't recall seeing WTP fares anywhere near this low since at least 2009.
Note that the "ticket by" date for this fare is 29 May, which is earlier than the corresponding date for the premium cabin sale that's currently on: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post20766302.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.