Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Moomin126
So... I know there is no definitive answer to this... But some of you have better guess work than others

Any ideas or punts on the next Luxury Seat Sale? One that may cover out of school holiday travel in October and November?!
If it's of any use, I keep an archive of exUK sales on the blog, with a specific post to navigate to the different 'types' of sale:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...tinental-club/
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:16 pm

Thank you for all your help

That blog is fantastic! It's marked as a favourite!

Fingers crossed for a sale soon
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:17 pm

Thank you for all your help

That blog is fantastic! It's marked as a favourite! ^

Fingers crossed for a sale soon
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze, CX Green, Virgin Silver, Marriott Plat and Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by continentalclub
If it's of any use, I keep an archive of exUK sales on the blog, with a specific post to navigate to the different 'types' of sale:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...tinental-club/
Thank you. I have also added this to my bookmarks.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's an unmarketed mini-sale in WT+ to SYD at the moment.

TAP1UK, outbound travel 28 October 2013 to 30 November 2013 inclusive, min stay Sat night, ticket by 19 August 2013. Fare is £1,212 + TFC, or about £1,898 all in. (I think this is about £300 off the normal fare for this time of the year.)
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There's an unmarketed mini-sale in WT+ to SYD at the moment.

TAP1UK, outbound travel 28 October 2013 to 30 November 2013 inclusive, min stay Sat night, ticket by 19 August 2013. Fare is £1,212 + TFC, or about £1,898 all in. (I think this is about £300 off the normal fare for this time of the year.)
Qantas released a similar sale earlier today. So, maybe BA is matching? A friend is thinking of going to Australia for his father's 80th birthday in late November, so I have sent him the Qantas link.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A1pax
Qantas released a similar sale earlier today. So, maybe BA is matching?
I also saw the QF email today - in fact, it was what made me look at the fares.

However, as far as I can see that QF fare has actually been available since 18 July 2013, with a handful of iterations at slightly higher levels in the few days before that.

Notably, BA has declined to match the QF fare, either in price or in breadth of travel dates.

As QF so rarely puts PE on sale, this may say something about the current state of QF's business - but that's a discussion for the QF board, really, and not here.

However, if you can make the QF fare work for you, I think that the long-standing advice still stands: the QF PE product is at least a distinct notch above BA WT+, even with the current WT+ product and the improved seats on the 77W which BA is operating to SYD. Nevertheless, one mustn't forget the distinctly poorer Avios earn if flying the QF product and crediting to BAEC, particularly for BA Golds and Silvers.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
BA (and AY) are matching the sale LH have to the USA. At least from Finland the prices are quite reasonable (460e in Y HEL-JFK). I never understand why BA don't publicize this price matching though. Sadly they only do it transatlantic, not for fares to Asia.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riku2
I never understand why BA don't publicize this price matching though.
I imagine because you don't want to be seen to be almost always (or even very frequently) "on sale" because you want people to keep booking (at higher fares) during non-promotional periods.

Take QF domestics as an example of what can happen: Because I can plan those flights in advance, only in rare circumstances do I pay a non-sale fare. QF's constant "sale" marketing has trained me - and possibly much of the rest of the market - not to buy non-sale tickets unless I really have to buy now and I really cannot wait for the next sale to come along.

However, unmarketed sale fares show up on multi-airline price comparisons, so have the desired effect for anyone who is price shopping.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by riku2
BA (and AY) are matching the sale LH have to the USA. At least from Finland the prices are quite reasonable (460e in Y HEL-JFK). I never understand why BA don't publicize this price matching though. Sadly they only do it transatlantic, not for fares to Asia.
BA don't want people to know they're the airline equivalent of DFS
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Globaliser
However, if you can make the QF fare work for you, I think that the long-standing advice still stands: the QF PE product is at least a distinct notch above BA WT+, even with the current WT+ product and the improved seats on the 77W which BA is operating to SYD. Nevertheless, one mustn't forget the distinctly poorer Avios earn if flying the QF product and crediting to BAEC, particularly for BA Golds and Silvers.
A very, very distinct notch above BA's WT+ indeed. You are correct regarding the avios issue but on such a long route, unless I knew I could upgrade my WT+ with Avios (which is very hard to do on that route) I would go for the QF one any day!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:01 pm
duo

I know no one can say for sure but do BA tend to have another say in August?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by duo
I don't know but even if there is, there's no saying what cabin(s), destinations, dates etc etc...
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by duo
Here is a suggestion: look in this very thread on posts around August 2010, 2011, 2012 and you'll find not only an answer to your own question but details on likely scope, timings, alternatives...
Old Aug 10, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
LHR-JFK sale?

I see JFK flights for GBP1,513 in CW in early November (from 26 Oct) at the moment. Looks like the sale fares sometime ago have either continued or returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.